Admin: Please lock.

Guest Nunya

Seems that there is only one unhappy Benefactor in the whole thread , maybe the problem is that Benefactors as a whole are NOT complaining.

What good would it do? Hes not breaking any rules. People are simple voicing their opinon on resellers. Last time I checked thats not against the rules. Personal attacks are a no-no, but simply saying that what is being done by the op is not something I or someone else approves of isn't breaking any rules. Call a spade a spade. Its obvious by the likes the above post about the reselling received that I'm not the only one with a long memory

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 2

What good would it do? Hes not breaking any rules. People are simple voicing their opinon on resellers. Last time I checked thats not against the rules. Personal attacks are a no-no, but simply saying that what is being done by the op is not something I or someone else approves of isn't breaking any rules. Call a spade a spade. Its obvious by the likes the above post about the reselling received that I'm not the only one with a long memory

I don't disagree with re-selling , and I obviously don't make the rules , and I don't care what a person can sell a car or house or what ever else they own for regardless of what they have invested in it , it is none of my business. I am just appalled at personal attacks on anyone for any reason , heck I may be next. :) I enjoy this forum and am not a suck up to anyone , I have made stupid remarkes and will probably continue to do so , that is my prerogative , ... Oh is that Obama speaking on the TV , out for now , no offense......
  • Administrator

Hes just like the rest of us. Tired of $100 bricks of .22 lr on armslist. Its one thing when its a faceless armslist poster, but I thought the benfactors here were a cut above. Most of them are, there just happens to be one person here who is ok with gouging the piss out of people. His buisness, but many here, including me have loonnnngggg memories.

I seriously don't care.  It's not TGO's place to police what people do with property they own.  It's a slippery slope and one we're not going down.

• Like 3

I seriously don't care. It's not TGO's place to police what people do with property they own. It's a slippery slope and one we're not going down.

Not asking for TGO to do anything. Just voicing an opinon about a reseller who constantly fills the classifieds with overpriced panic items. Internet forums are here for discussion correct? I am making no personal attacks or deragtory comments. Just reminding people to have that long memory that was discussed so much just a few months ago. Just like CTD. I remeber how people act when they have an opportunity to make a buck off someone elses hard time. Says alot about the character of people.

• Like 1
[quote name="TripleDigitRide" post="1030479" timestamp="1378862636"] Are some just assuming they know who the Armslist seller is? I didn't see any personal information in the ads.[/quote] Its 2 + 2. Same ad, exact same product, same pictures, same local area. Even if it wasnt for the armslist ads, been plenty of them posted here. Tapatalk ate my spelling. Edited by Spots

Are some just assuming they know who the Armslist seller is? I didn't see any personal information in the ads.

Like Spots said, 2+2. Said person had posted his stuff on many Facebook groups, which I think some kicked him out of because I haven't seen him there in a while. It's not a hard trail to follow, view postings by user shows the same ads; the "solid" proof if you need it is his "Stolen Ammo!" thread back in July.

Some people are just sick and tired of it is all. I don't know the reasons why the OP has decided to resale off of Miday, and I don't care. Gun owners seem to think we're a brotherhood that wouldn't wrong another gun owner, but there is always going to be someone willing to take advantage of someone else. The only rebuttal I've ever seen the post is a "if you don't like it, don't buy it" type of response on Facebook. He hasn't spoke up since the original post, I doubt he cares what we think.

David put out early on that they won't police and I think that's the right thing to do. But I'm with Spots, I'll keep my mental lists of the turds in the punchbowl and go about my day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

Thank God for resellers. They make available what you might have trouble finding.

If that pisses you off, I can only imagine what you might think of me. I'm a hoarder. :pleased:

Id throw rocks and melt my guns in to friendship braclets to share with the North Koreans before Id buy from gouging reseller. Hoarders are one thing. Shoot I think every prepper hoards to an extent. At least you bought it without the express purpose of reselling at a substantial higher price, thus feeding the gouging and fueling the panic. Me personally? I hope all these resellers get stuck with tons of inventory and lots of credit card debt. Nothing like a good dose of Karma to keep a man humble.

• Like 4

Hes been a member since Jan. 2010 and hes 59. Not really a new guy or a young whippersnapper. Just openly saying what alot of us are thinking.

Spots, I totally agree with what he is saying, I hate to see People gouging prices Hell I would love to have some CCI but Im not paying the price most want for them right now.  However the way he said it is wrong and disrespectful.

While it's one thing to sell anything for whatever price you see fit, you can't be surprised at the backlash from those who are upset at the fact that you are buying a difficult to find item for the sole purpose of turning a profit off of those who aren't able to stalk the spurting goods sections and internet retailers.

On the bright side, this is only temporary.
  • Administrator

I hadn't checked this thread in a couple of days, and was quite amused with what I found when I returned.

Funny thing is, one of the people who is "after me" has been sending me hateful emails for quite some time.

I do "gouge", as some of you call it (though that term is nor correct), but not on TGO.  

Just for the record, I merely said that what you're doing isn't against our rules... I never said I thought it made you an ethical person.  I don't think that at all.  But if money helps you sleep at night, so be it.

• Like 1