Explain your username.

Guest Travtastik
I was approached by a hooker and she told me that she was bootylicous and my reply "well bitch I am Travtastic." My first name is Travis and it was the first thing to pop into my head. My buddy's have called me that ever since. I went to use it as my Xbox live name but someone had it already so I used a k at the end.
I am a huge fan of th blaxploitation films of the 70's especially those with Rudy Ray Moore like Dolomite.

Even the names of the films can be quit entertaining:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_blaxploitation_films

Here is a short film in the same style as most of the blaxploitation films.
http://youtu.be/yax7bXcykzk

And for anyone who has and hour and a half to kill:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1JkNKL1BwE

Can you dig it?
  • Like 2

Well I am a consulting forester.  I have a BS in Forest Resource Management.  When I tell people I am a forester, 80% of them reply " oh youre a lumber jack?".  "no, Im a forester.  The only time ive cut trees for a job was in college with the US Forest Service"

This especially annoys my wife when she tells her Doctor and Med School collegues what I do.  She says "NO, hes not a lumber jack".  So what better screen name :D

My long time screen name was WD-40. My friends gave me that name because of my abusive use of WD-40. But I changed it to my real name as I didn't want to hide behind a fake name. Using my real name allows me to take full credit and responsibility for my posts and my actions.

I'm the real deal!

DaveS

• Like 1
Guest Cazador

Cazador is Spanish for hunter. I will hunt 400 days a year if it were possible. Any animal that is tasty or just plain fun to hunt. Which covers them all. I prefer to use my bow but I am not adverse to high power rifle. I am not one of those fanatic bow hunters that wont touch a rifle. I also use a pistol sometimes.

I raced cars in a "spectator" class, back in the day. At the time, I was one of the very few to break the 100 mph mark in our class. One of my friends/pit crew members said something about it being a triple digit ride. It kinda stuck.

The term is also used in the trucking industry. Sadly, I am not fortunate enough to drive a truck that can break the 71 mph barrier, much less hit the triple digits.
  • Like 1

Mav, short for maverick.  It has nothing to do with the NBA or John McCain, both of which I can't stand.  Early in my working career some of my bosses called me that as I tend to make up my own mind and do my own thing.  Also, it was the call sign of Tom Cruise's character in my favorite movie when I was a kid.