Explain your username.

I was a big Star Wars fan in my younger days. Back when we were all signing up for free e-mail accounts about 15 years ago I wanted a Star Wars related one, but the common ones were of course all taken. I didn't want one with an unremarkble number tacked on (seriously, who would remember BobaFett1057@ hotmail.com?). So I kept trying random Star Wars related names until I found one that was available.

A monkeylizard is that thing in Jabba the Hutt's palace in Return of the Jedi that sits at the end of his tail and is kind of like his pet. My avatar is a cartoon version of the same. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070301021921/starwars/images/c/c1/Kowakian_monkey-lizard_AA.jpg

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

D3vo, pronounced Devo, is the band that brought you everyone's 1980 hit "Whip It". The name dates back to my online domination of Quake 3.

9ade7yba.jpg

That's flip'n cool! I went to high school with a couple of them guys in Akron, Ohio.

DaveS

Have a wild looking K2( bicycle) the Wyld is used on my atv forum and it stuck( because everyone else kept mispronouncing the original name.

Plus it's the name on my Youtube channel.

Would post a pic of my bike so you get an Idea but can't.

• Like 1

Many years ago in the days of AOL 3.0 I was dating a woman and we both had AOL. She hung out in a poetry chat room and I hung out in a PC Tech room. One night after we had done the deed :D She called me Love Monkey because Im hairy, then  said I was Spiffy.   When I got home I made the AOL name SpiffyLoveMonkey and popped in her chat room........well like all bad jokes it stuck. I was on that account more than my other one and over time it got shortened to Spiffy. There are people online and back at ITT who probably think my real name is Spiffy. Nancy took to calling me Spiffy and I used it on video games. My BFF use it more than my real name.

So it kinda is my real name. I do answer to it :D

• Like 1

Mine is a nickname that stuck back in HS. My first name is Kevin and I ain't never been considered small, but that's not actually the reason.

I really good friend would always say "what's up big dog" if he couldn't remember your first name. If he could, you were Big John or Big Tim or whatever your first name is. I guess he didn't like the way Big Kevin, so mine got shrank to a letter. He'd say what's up Big K and it it stuck.

Edited by BigK
JTM are my initials and years ago setting up an AOL chatroom acct I was the manager for autozone so I was Jtmaz, when I left Autozone, I changed it to Jtmaze for autozone ex and it stuck. Been using the name for 15+ years now.
Guest TankerHC

Since I am German ,I guess  I am a kraut.. and when I get  upset.. I am a sour Kraut..

Plus.....Loudmouth German Woman was taken..: :jester: )

Yea, my ex wife got that title.

No reason.

When I first joined back in Jan 2008 I was Junglist. A junglist being someone who listens to Jungle or Drum and Bass music. I changed it because I got tired of people calling me Jungle in real life. 

Edited by Daniel
Guest TankerHC

Tanker part is self explanatory, lot of people ask me about the HC. For close to 15 years on BBS's, Forums etc I had the same username, Guderian. For the most part, id say 99.99999% to infinity, had no idea who Guderian was. I took the name because of the history, Guderian was THE FATHER of combined arms warfare and probably the most successful Axis General of Armored Forces during WWII , I mostly posted to Usenet. (The "real" Wild West of the Internet), when someone after nearly 15 years, on a certain Usenet Group knew who Guderian was and asked if we should have someone using the name of a NAZI General on thier group, political correctness ran amok and I was forced to change my username on all of the groups, BBS's, Forums, etc. Forget the history, that Guderian disagreed with Hitler on almost everything, that he told Hitler if he invaded Russia with Tank and Infantry pure forces he would have his ass handed to him (For which Guderian was fired), or that he was never tried as a NAZI because there was no proof that he was, or that the Brits and Americans developed Air Land Battle Doctrine by studying Guderian or that he was used to help form the Budeswehr when Germany was again "allowed" to have a military.

So I had to look, everything Tanker related was taken. At the time I was serving on the M1A1HC (Heavy Common). So, TankerHC.

My son was really into playing Lego Batman on the Wii when I first signed up a few years ago. I ran across this forum while researching the HCP requirements, and I signed up for an account without putting much thought into my username. I had no idea how much time i would spend on here, lol. Anyway, my son was bugging me to play another game of Lego Batman while i was trying to sign up, so I just typed in "Batman" for a username. Plus, I asked him and he said he liked it :)

Funny thing is I really don't even like the character from Gotham all that much, haha. I wished I had chosen a different username within a week, but oh well. I'll get around to changing it sometime.