Explain why you married the women you did.

Jesse

I was set up with my wife on kind of a blind date.  Told her I was glad I had met her, but I did not want a relationship.  Got to know her a little better and realized she was one of the most caring and selfless persons I had ever met, not to mention I did, and still do, find her attractive.  She stuck with me through school, even though I had no time for her or anyone else.  One day, I finally realized that I did't think I could ever get through life without her.  She is the only person I could ever see growing old with or having children together, so I decided I should keep her around.  I love her more everyday, and every morning when I leave her, I look forward to getting home to see her that evening.  

I know people bitch and moan about marriage all the time, but I will say that mine is great.  I love my wife. 

• Like 3

I think it was love at second sight.  Regardless, we've been married for 24 years and have 3 kids together.  She keeps me in line when I need it, doesn't take a lot of crap off me and isn't a drama queen.  She's a dang good carpenter, can do plumbing, paint, hang wallpaper and put down all kinds of flooring, and loves doing all of it.  I hate doing all of that!  She hates to cook, and I love it!  We balance each other out and treat each other as equals.  She's my soul mate and life would be a whole lot dimmer without her!

• Like 2
Guest Cazador

Meat Loaf.............. Paradise by the dashboard light.

I have served 26 years. If I had killed her then I would have been free for 6 years now.

Praying for the end of time 

If I knew then what I know now I would be single free and only work when I needed gas money to go hunting. I could support myself on one days pay a week. She costs me 4 to 5 days worth.

Wish I really listened to that song before I said Ya want ta git murried?

Married and buried rhyme for a reason

praying for the end of time so I can end my time with her.  

It really is a very simple reason. I knew.

I knew pretty early on that she was going to be with me for as long as I drew a breath and that I would make sure to spend as long as I can with her. It is a hard feeling to describe but you just know that is the person. The one person that raises you blood pressure and gives you butterflies. That is the person who you are willing to share everything with, the good, the bad, the funny and the sad. That feeling is when all you do is watch the clock waiting for the next time you can see them. Or willing to risk everything to be able to see them again. You know that is the one when you are dreading when you do have to leave but exited that you will get to see them again. Or spending hours on the phone talking about everything or nothing. The one person that makes you, above all else, happy.

I honestly believe most people don't get that feeling and just end up settling but I can guarantee you I didn't. My wife was, and still is, someone who gives me goosebumps and butterflies. She still excites me like she did 20+ years ago. And I still look at her the same way I did long ago. And that is because that feeling that told me she was the one 20+ years ago is still as strong and still saying she is the one, the one for me.

Oh yea, and it was also the boobies:)

• Like 4

I knew pretty early on that she was going to be with me for as long as I drew a breath and that I would make sure to spend as long as I can with her. It is a hard feeling to describe but you just know that is the person. The one person that raises you blood pressure and gives you butterflies. That is the person who you are willing to share everything with, the good, the bad, the funny and the sad. That feeling is when all you do is watch the clock waiting for the next time you can see them. Or willing to risk everything to be able to see them again. You know that is the one when you are dreading when you do have to leave but exited that you will get to see them again. Or spending hours on the phone talking about everything or nothing. The one person that makes you, above all else, happy.

I honestly believe most people don't get that feeling and just end up settling but I can guarantee you I didn't. My wife was, and still is, someone who gives me goosebumps and butterflies. She still excites me like she did 20+ years ago. And I still look at her the same way I did long ago. And that is because that feeling that told me she was the one 20+ years ago is still as strong and still saying she is the one, the one for me.

I read this to my wife....she thinks you guys should re-marry and your wife keep you forever. Your words apparently are what women long to hear.
Well spoken.

sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

• Like 1

I knew pretty early on that she was going to be with me for as long as I drew a breath and that I would make sure to spend as long as I can with her. It is a hard feeling to describe but you just know that is the person. The one person that raises you blood pressure and gives you butterflies. That is the person who you are willing to share everything with, the good, the bad, the funny and the sad. That feeling is when all you do is watch the clock waiting for the next time you can see them. Or willing to risk everything to be able to see them again. You know that is the one when you are dreading when you do have to leave but exited that you will get to see them again. Or spending hours on the phone talking about everything or nothing. The one person that makes you, above all else, happy.

I honestly believe most people don't get that feeling and just end up settling but I can guarantee you I didn't. My wife was, and still is, someone who gives me goosebumps and butterflies. She still excites me like she did 20+ years ago. And I still look at her the same way I did long ago. And that is because that feeling that told me she was the one 20+ years ago is still as strong and still saying she is the one, the one for me.

This goes both ways:) he is my soulmate..we have  fun together..and he spoils me rotten..:)

• Like 2
Been divorced over a year and feeling quite lonely.
Got down on my knees and started praying, asking for a soul mate.
Three to four minutes later, the phone rings and it's this women saying she can't stop thinking about me.

Been together almost twenty seven years.

Works much better when you let HIM do the choosing for you.

It is also evident that God has a great sense of humor. Edited by Currently
  • Like 2
My wedding is coming up in November...

I got a few reasons for asking her to marry me, part of which is our daughter (who is fixing to turn 1).

But it is more than that, would have asked her anyways. We have known each other for 15 years or so, grew up together. We fight like all couples, but each of us understands the other and really feel like we make each other better. I almost married another girl I thought I loved a few years ago, but it would have been a huge mistake. This one is not a mistake.

To prove the point of why she fits me, on our honeymoon she has agreed to a detour to the Sierra bullet factory for the tour and to pick up some factory seconds for my reloading hobby. Oh, and she actually paid from her paycheck for half of my reloading setup when I bought it.

I had to see what was in those tight fittin' white jeans...ok, I found out before we got married, but we've been together over 30 years and she still raises the elevator if you know what I mean...I also don't know who else would put up with me. I'm definitely not the romantic type, but I do love her more and more every day...well at least most days.

Amen and Amen