Computer Help Needed

Well that's strange. Since you have the windows disc you can follow those three steps to achieve the same thing. Other than that I dunno off the top of my head without having it in front of me. I mean, worse comes to worse you can always drop it by the shop and I can take a look at it in the end if you are still down the road in Springfield.

OK. Changed back to boot DVD first. With the Win 7 Upgrade disk in, I chose to repair. Following message came up.

The version of system recovery options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows.

[quote name="deadeye111" post="1027817" timestamp="1378445180"] Try the "last known good configuration" after hitting F8 and pray it works[/quote] Tried that. Short of re-installing the upgrade disk, I don't think there's any fixing it. Then again, my thinking is what got me into this mess to begin with. Edited by TripleDigitRide
I think you are correct in having to re-install the program the way it seems. Don't forget to install the motherboard drivers after you finish installing windows They drivers should be available to download from MSI website if your disk isn't current. Windows updates will probably have plenty of updates also.

Good luck and I am sorry last known config didn't work that one has solved lots of problems.

I think you are correct in having to re-install the program the way it seems. Don't forget to install the motherboard drivers after you finish installing windows They drivers should be available to download from MSI website if your disk isn't current. Windows updates will probably have plenty of updates also.

Good luck and I am sorry last known config didn't work that one has solved lots of problems.

I think the MSI disk is up to date. It's only a few days old. I am ready to re-install the upgrade disk, but I need to know which options to choose.

If you boot from the cd it should be fairly simple to choose the next step you can't hurt the operating system at this point, it is down for the count it is hard to troubleshoot long distance unless you did it yesterday on the same system. SORRY!

I am sure it is easy, but not so much for someone who's never done this before. Here is the screen I am stuck at. I am trying to figure out what to do in order to start over as fresh as possible.

2yco.jpg

I am sure it is easy, but not so much for someone who's never done this before. Here is the screen I am stuck at. I am trying to figure out what to do in order to start over as fresh as possible.

Posted Image

if it were me I would delete all of them and format and just do a full reinstall but that's just me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1

One thing is that if it's a HP specific windows install disk, it's possible that it won't have the drivers needed for your motherboard and other bits (though it's likely you'll get lucky). The next issue would be that because you have changed out parts and the install was for HP, it may require you to reactivate (which you won't be able to do with an HP license key).

That sounds like something I want to do, but can that be done with the Windows 7 Upgrade disk?

go ahead and buy windows 8 full ver a lot better than win 7 , or do your self a favor and get a Mac , and ya want go back to windows ever. If you want come to spring hill to my house with your computor setup with all your disk and I will set it all back up for you no charge , are you running 32 bit or 64 bit sys
Jest bring all your stuff and ill hook you up , the TGO member that you got it from does he live close maybe he would help ya get it back up and going for ya , if not ill be glad to help ya out but you have to put forth a little effort to get it to me to do so , I'm retired so you could bring it any time , and you will be up and running in no time . It's your call , jest trying to help .

OK. Just got off of the phone with Microsoft. The Product Key is valid, but it won't work with the Windows 7 Upgrade disk, I already had Windows 7 on the computer. They told me to either buy the full version disk or find someone who has a copy. The fun never ends. 

Edited by TripleDigitRide

OK. Just got off of the phone with Microsoft. The Product Key is valid, but it won't work with the Windows 7 Upgrade disk, I already had Windows 7 on the computer. They told me to either buy the full version disk or find someone who has a copy. The fun never ends. 

Exactly the reason for my PM