The best and most accurate .22 LR rifle ??

itw69fxst

What do you think is the most accurate .22 LR Rifle a person can buy ?

What is the best scope to put on that .22 LR Rifle for 100 yard target shooting?

What do you think is the maximum range for that .22 LR Rifle for target practice and or small game?

I realize that there a million thoughts on this, I am interested to hear your input.

From the crazy shots I saw the Top Shot All-Stars pulling off, I'd think a Volquartsen Custom 10-22 of some flavor would be towards the top of any list of crazy-accurate .22 rifles. Lots of options to make it "yours".

Hot dawg that is some expensive hardware for sure....

The CZ bolt guns are supposed to be very accurate. There are about a billion different ways to squeeze accuracy from a 10-22 but my personal preference if you want semi auto out of the box accuracy is the Remington 597. Not as many aftermarket options, not even close actually but out of the box I've been so happy with mine that the 10-22 barely gets any range time anymore. I think the reason I like it so much is that its actually a better size for me, it's probably in my head but it seems to feel less like a youth gun than the 10-22. I'll post some pics here later of both.

Mine came with a cheap scope that I've been using and so far have no issues with it. I'll most likely replace it with something a bit better down the road but so far it works.

As far as range goes, the 22 is not nearly as underpowered as most think. Anything that should be taken with a 22 can probably be taken out to 100 yards if not more. Of course like the rifle itself all ammonia not created equal.

Anschutz or Walther...They will shoot flies off a target at 50 or 100 yds. Models...anything from a 1411 up to a 2013 with the Annie and 

a KK300 for the Walther. Your choice of wood or metal stocks.

Weaver T-36 Scope. You can see the flies at 100 yds. 1/8th MOA click values lets you adjust from the flies tail to his head. You do prefer head shots, right?

Ammo? Tenex or Center X will get the job done.

Range? 200 yds is accurate enough to shoot Mr. Fuzzy Tail

Hope this helps.

Lp

• Like 3

Anything better than this one (http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?produktID=285&menu=105&sprache=1&produktShow=detail) has my respect. This thing has a two-stage trigger that's adjustable from 2 ounces to just over 17 ounce (yes, that's ounces...not pounds). It's definitely a sub-MOA gun, but I'm guessing $5K or so is not the ballpark we are looking for.

Edited by BigK

The CZ bolt guns are supposed to be very accurate. There are about a billion different ways to squeeze accuracy from a 10-22 but my personal preference if you want semi auto out of the box accuracy is the Remington 597. Not as many aftermarket options, not even close actually but out of the box I've been so happy with mine that the 10-22 barely gets any range time anymore. I think the reason I like it so much is that its actually a better size for me, it's probably in my head but it seems to feel less like a youth gun than the 10-22. I'll post some pics here later of both.

Mine came with a cheap scope that I've been using and so far have no issues with it. I'll most likely replace it with something a bit better down the road but so far it works.

As far as range goes, the 22 is not nearly as underpowered as most think. Anything that should be taken with a 22 can probably be taken out to 100 yards if not more. Of course like the rifle itself all ammonia not created equal.

Thanks for the insight - I have a 597 and a 10/22 but shot a buddies Savage bolt action that was dang impressive. It really got me thinking..........

Anschutz or Walther...They will shoot flies off a target at 50 or 100 yds. Models...anything from a 1411 up to a 2013 with the Annie and 

Weaver T-36 Scope. You can see the flies at 100 yds. 1/8th MOA click values lets you adjust from the flies tail to his head. You do prefer head shots, right?

Hope this helps.

Lp

Thanks - LOL head shots are the key to success for sure.

Anything better than this one (http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?produktID=285&menu=105&sprache=1&produktShow=detail) has my respect. This thing has a two-stage trigger that's adjustable from 2 ounces to just over 17 ounce (yes, that's ounces...not pounds). It's definitely a sub-MOA gun, but I'm guessing $5K or so is not the ballpark we are looking for.

That is something I will put on my Christmas list - thanks for the link. I am now drooling on my keyboard....... :stunned:

Hope this helps.
Lp

You all aren't playing fair! How's my lowly little Remmy gonna compete with those rifles?! In the interest of fairness you guys should recommend some crappier guns, that way my pwecious wittle feewings won't be hurt.

I use to have a few 22 's that I squirrel hunted with. One was a Revelation semi auto that never ceased to amaze me at how accurate it was and hunted with open sights on it. Any fizzy tail up to 50 yards was dinner.(back when I was young and eyes still worked) Then I had a Remington semi-auto with a scope, again back when I was young and it was a great gun and fairly good to 100 yards with scope but eyes were beginning to go by then. Passed those down the Grand sons.  Replaced them with a Marlin 25 MN 22 Mag with a 3-12X40 scope and at the range last trip out I was driving thumb tacks with it at 100 yards. Great shooting gun but I am also talking a Mag and not just a 22lr. I have a buddy that does have a bolt action Marlin 22lr and he loves it. That was my reason for getting this Marlin. That and couldn't pass up on the price I got it for................. :up: :up:

• Like 1

Wow.

I can't even understand the stock, looks like some torture device from the Inquisition.

18962_800_600.jpg?PHPSESSID=59ade42560aa

- OS

• Like 1

You all aren't playing fair! How's my lowly little Remmy gonna compete with those rifles?! In the interest of fairness you guys should recommend some crappier guns, that way my pwecious wittle feewings won't be hurt.

I hear Cricket makes a nice range gun.

:hiding: Is that better?

Wow.

I can't even understand the stock, looks like some torture device from the Inquisition.

- OS

Yeah, I got no idea what's going on back there. I don't even wanna know where that little tip goes or what the flap at the top is supposed to mash against.

• Like 1

Wow.

18962_800_600.jpg?PHPSESSID=59ade42560aa

- OS

Got to realize these shooters have about an inch of padding to isolate their heartbeat from the gun. It could be made of barbed wire and nails and the shooter would not know the difference. They also only hold the rifle up for about a second at a time most cases.

I hear Cricket makes a nice range gun.

:hiding: Is that better?

Yeah, I got no idea what's going on back there. I don't even wanna know where that little tip goes or what the flap at the top is supposed to mash against.

The hook goes under the arm at the arm pit to keep the front heavy gun from tilter forward.

The CZ455 is getting great reviews. It also has replaceable barrels and is substantially less than the Sako.

For the ultimate in 22 accuracy you need to forget about a semi auto and I have a very accurate semi auto.

Don't care what semi auto it is a bolt gun is going to be more accurate. The bolt on a semi auto can change the speed at which it cycles based on how crudy the gun gets. The amount of resistance the bolt excerts upon firing also changes as the gun gets dirty. It may not seem like much but a bolt that starts to move later because it is dirty increases the bullets velocity. And ANY changes, shot to shot, affect accuracy. With a bolt gun there are none of this and all of the pressure go towards the bullet making it out the barrel.

Preach on dolomite. That's what I was thinking. My sub $300 savage accutriger made a buddy sell his high dollar 10-22 to buy a cz. The cz 452 edges the savage but not by a lot. Both of them like aguila match....of which I scored a brick of that happened to arrive from Midway this afternoon. I really like my cheap Savage bolt rifle. Hard to find more plinking fun out to 100 yards.
I would set my Savage FV-SR against any .22 under $1k and wouldn't walk away embarrassed. And that's coming from someone who has owned a Kimber, Savage-Anschutz, Ruger 77/22, BRNO, remington 581T, and shot many other models including the CZ's.

The Savage stock is stinky and will need to be replaced along with the bottom hardware if you are going to get really serious, but for the low entry price that's doable.

For the record the savage as far feeding from the mag is what you would expect from a cheap .22, accuracy though is superb.