New Project.... (Saiga Content)

dbla

So, a buddy helped me out and I walked into a great, great deal.....

9725853349_fe483fba3b_c.jpg

That's a Saiga chambered in 308, with a case, three mags (+ factory mag), and 1200 rounds of assorted ammo. Now it's time to start messing with it.... I think first things first a new fore end. Is it possible to swap out the pistol grip in these? Currently it's got the Tapco stock/grip attachment..... Anyone got another other suggestions? Optics/mounts in particular...

-a

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I want to do a conversion, but I am a little wary of drilling on my receiver... maybe I'll just shoot the gun some for a while and decide...

-a

Both times I got my conversions from css and they came with a template to mark out where to drill holes.

Hit up youtube - tons of excellent conversion videos there that show how easy it is to convert one.  Usually the front end can be a little more difficult to convert to true AK fashion.

Here's some good parts and information - http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_308/saiga_308.html

... or you can go to the gunsmithing section and there is a great step-by-step write up there with pictures. Shooting that thing with that grip will be awkward. Converting it takes about 30 min. with a Dremel and a hand drill and well worth it.

Ya dont have to drill the S308, you do have to drill the S12.

Just buy a trigger kit, that yours apart and move the trigger guard, OK you do have to

drill, grind those rivets out, not a bad thing.

Easy piesy, lemon squeeze.

I gave you the videos to do it yourself. It really is very, very easy. So easy in fact that if you bring it to my house I will show you how to do it.

You have to drill or grind 3, yes three, rivets and knock out two trigger pins. Beyond that there is nothing else you need to do. These receivers start out as REAL Ak-47 receivers so all the correct cutouts are there.

You will need to spray it with some paint, I use chalkboard paint, to cover the area under the riveted plate.

I gave you the videos to do it yourself. It really is very, very easy. So easy in fact that if you bring it to my house I will show you how to do it.

You have to drill or grind 3, yes three, rivets and knock out two trigger pins. Beyond that there is nothing else you need to do. These receivers start out as REAL Ak-47 receivers so all the correct cutouts are there.

You will need to spray it with some paint, I use chalkboard paint, to cover the area under the riveted plate.

Gotcha and I do appreciate you sending those videos. I guess I didn't realize it was that simple. Thanks!