TGO Lowers - ACTION REQUIRED!

MacGyver

Guest Lester Weevils
Thanks for the good info, Luke E., SL1K, and OhShoot. Apologies to others cluttering the thread. Figgered others might be in the same boat, wondering if an option to get a complete or near-complete lower was feasible.

OhShoot, I meant so say 16" barrel with whatever quadrail goes with that length, being so ignerant of the topic.

Please sign me up for one lower and one upper and maybe I'll get it put together one of these days. SL1K since we are both red bankians, we'll have to finally meet at some point. :) Edited by Lester Weevils

Thanks for the good info, Luke E., SL1K, and OhShoot. Apologies to others cluttering the thread. Figgered others might be in the same boat, wondering if an option to get a complete or near-complete lower was feasible.

OhShoot, I meant so say 16" barrel with whatever quadrail goes with that length, being so ignerant of the topic.

Please sign me up for one lower and one upper and maybe I'll get it put together one of these days. SL1K since we are both red bankians, we'll have to finally meet at some point. :)

Just holler. We'll get it spitting lead in no time

...OhShoot, I meant so say 16" barrel with whatever quadrail goes with that length, being so ignerant of the topic.

Lester, you can get 16" with carbine or midlength gas, I recommend mid.

Gives longer handguard, the extra real estate is very handy indeed, especially if you attach anything on the bottom or sides, and it's generally a smoother less snappy running action. Some claim less "recoil" also, but I think that part is mostly subjective rather than empirical.

- OS

Guest Keal G Seo

Lester, you can get 16" with carbine or midlength gas, I recommend mid.

Gives longer handguard, the extra real estate is very handy indeed, especially if you attach anything on the bottom or sides, and it's generally a smoother less snappy running action. Some claim less "recoil" also, but I think that part is mostly subjective rather than empirical.

- OS

I'd say the same, mid length.

It does reduce recoil, empirically. The more it weighs the less recoil you will have. Will it be a noticeable difference? That is where the subjectivity comes in. Average shooters I don't think will notice a difference, but someone who shoots a lot may. This is because the weight difference in a mid vs carbine will only be a couple ounces on an aluminum rail and even less on something fiberglass.

I think we're losing sight of some of the "build from scratch" options. Gas system length doesn't impact sight radius unless you're using an combination gas block/front sight. Gas system length doesn't have to impact rail length at all, even with an A2 sight. When it comes to battering from a carbine gas system, there are 4 standard carbine buffer weights available.

If you're buying an assembled upper, middy gas has some merit, depending on how it's configured. If you're building from scratch, middy does more to simply limit barrel choices than anything else. I don't think the military even issues middy rifles. If they do, it's not to the masses.

I think we're losing sight of some of the "build from scratch" options. Gas system length doesn't impact sight radius unless you're using an combination gas block/front sight. Gas system length doesn't have to impact rail length at all, even with an A2 sight. ..

Well, yeah, I was referring to rail length using standard delta ring and handguard cap with A2 block/sight. Standard config like that with middy adds a bit over 2" of real estate, which doesn't sound like much, but it makes all the diff with room for your hand with say using a bipod.

Main reason I think so many folks use a vertical forward grip with carbine is just because there's insufficient handroom with the way they have configured it. I don't much like VFGs myself though.

But yeah, if you go with a free float setup, you have lots more handguard/rail options regardless of gas length.

- OS

So I noticed that the city and state is already engraved on the side in the test photos, anyone know if that is enough to satisfy NFA standards?

No, because they did not make an NFA firearm. If YOU make an NFA firearm, YOUR info has to go on it.

- OS

• Moderators
I don't know what "ridiculously low" means in terms of today's market, but put me down for two receivers dependent upon final price and how close of an FFL will use for the east TN area. Maybe an upper or two dependent on price. Are they generally cheaper than the lower? Will either decline or commit to it in PM once pricing is discussed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [url="http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1"]now Free[/url] Edited by CZ9MM