TGO Lowers "what your going to build" "how to build" General discussion thread

Luke E.

So you were logged in? I've got a list of 5 people who didn't get their accounts switched, but yours isn't among them.

yeah, just tried it again. Every time I click on "TGO" on the left side column on the home screen, while logged in, I am still getting the message "there are no products to list in this category", plus I never did receive any emails today as other members did. Have you seen the pm I sent you a couple hours ago so you could verify my information with what cmt has?

• Admin Team

yeah, just tried it again. Every time I click on "TGO" on the left side column on the home screen, while logged in, I am still getting the message "there are no products to list in this category", plus I never did receive any emails today as other members did. Have you seen the pm I sent you a couple hours ago so you could verify my information with what cmt has?

They'll have to check it out. I've sent it on to them, but it may realistically be Monday. Thanks for being patient.
  • Admin Team

I have a question. How much do the approved FFL's charge for transfer?

We didn't ask them to do anything but their normal transfer. If they want to offer anything on their own they're more than welcome to post it.

We actually had a hard time getting FFLs on board. The three we've got jumped at the chance. We had several others offer, but I wasn't comfortable sending our members to an FFL out of someone's house who has zero post history here.

I have a question.  How much do the approved FFL's charge for transfer?

Hi Garufa,

I'm one of the original 3 FFLs and in your neck of the woods if you so choose.  Offering ALL TGO'ers my LEO/govt xfer rates ... $20/one, $25/two ... I know it's going to be some work but I'm happy to help you guys out and finally put some faces to a few more names ;o)

I've already spoken to a few folks today about these but those who will be using me. I'd like to kindly ask that at some point you PM or email me your contact info and what you ordered and I'll keep a master list.  If you ordered uppers or other parts I believe the plan is to ship everything to the FFL so the list will be something I do to just assure items get tagged properly when they arrive.

Thanks guys, looking forward to meeting you all!

Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN
  • Like 3

Hi Garufa,

I'm one of the original 3 FFLs and in your neck of the woods if you so choose.  Offering ALL TGO'ers my LEO/govt xfer rates ... $20/one, $25/two ... I know it's going to be some work but I'm happy to help you guys out and finally put some faces to a few more names ;o)

I've already spoken to a few folks today about these but those who will be using me. I'd like to kindly ask that at some point you PM or email me your contact info and what you ordered and I'll keep a master list.  If you ordered uppers or other parts I believe the plan is to ship everything to the FFL so the list will be something I do to just assure items get tagged properly when they arrive.

You mean i have to come see you again? argh!     j/k 

Mike/LawEnforcementSalesTN is A+  

Hi Garufa,

Thanks!  I know a few other have been wondering the same thing so I thought I'd throw the question out there.

Look forward to doing business with you.

Edited by Garufa
So i like weird calibers and So I'm thinking of a 50 Beowulf as well as a 6.8 or 30 blackout.

Oh yeah - in a shorty pistol of course!

Would I be able to use the CMT upper for either of these calibers?

Also, is it possible to buy just barrels? Seems like a lot of places have complete uppers - is there a cost savings buying a complete upper vs the individual components?

Thanks for all the help!

Also, is it possible to buy just barrels? Seems like a lot of places have complete uppers - is there a cost savings buying a complete upper vs the individual components?

Thanks for all the help!

You can definitely buy just a barrel. I've currently got my eye on a Novenske 18" barrel that only comes with a gas block and tube.

I can't speak to the .50 Beowolf but I'm certain 6.8 will work with this upper. I think a few have mentioned that build for their TGO receivers.

So i like weird calibers and So I'm thinking of a 50 Beowulf as well as a 6.8 or 30 blackout.

Thanks for all the help!

Yes, you can use the uppers for any of those three.

Yes you can by the barrels. Just for a starting point check out the CMMG website.

Sinse this has turned into THE Q&A thread for the entire process...

What is protocol for contacting the listed FFL? My assumption is that many member's orders will be shipped at one time and the FFL knows this ahead of time. Do I need to contact the FFL personally and give them my info? Should I refrain from contacting them and giving them unnecessary work?

I have only used an FFL one time and they helped me throughout the entire process, from purchase to pickup. All of the legwork was done ahead of time for the TGO buy...for which I am still amazed and great full.

Sinse this has turned into THE Q&A thread for the entire process...

What is protocol for contacting the listed FFL? My assumption is that many member's orders will be shipped at one time and the FFL knows this ahead of time. Do I need to contact the FFL personally and give them my info? Should I refrain from contacting them and giving them unnecessary work?

I have only used an FFL one time and they helped me throughout the entire process, from purchase to pickup. All of the legwork was done ahead of time for the TGO buy...for which I am still amazed and great full.

My FFL, D&T, knows exactly what to do when a lower shows up with my name on it :). Seriously, I always drop them an email or call so they'll be looking out for it. It's a good idea to give them your phone number at the same time. I'm sure we'll get some notification when they start shipping.

Thanks for all the help!

the 50 cal conversions require the ejection port to be opened up. I'll probably be getting this for one of them http://shopwilsoncombat.com/458-SOCOM-Build-Kit-147-Recon-SR-Suppressor-Ready-Barrel/productinfo/TR-458K-SR/

I'll have to open the port up on the mill but I think that's the only modification necessary.