House plans to vote on de-funding obamacare

Guest ThePunisher
Senators Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are two heroes standing up to King Obama, and calling his Obamacare boondoggle an undue burden to the people, businesses as well as the states of the union. They both are eloquently painting a picture with their words what Obamacare and what Obama's Marxist tyrannical policies are doing in dismantling of our Constitutional liberties and freedoms. I've never heard any other elected congreesman or senator depict so truthfully and clearly just what Obama is actually doing to destroy our country.

Just like our founding fathers stood up against King George III, these two are standing up against government tyranny, and I believe the people who still relish their liberties and freedoms will rally around them as leaders of a new revolt at the ballot box in 2014 and 2016. Been listening for a three hours on CSpan, and both are very articulate and intelligent leaders that their states can be very proud of. I'm very proud of their efforts to repeal and defund Obamacare, and not being afraid to describe what Obama and his policies are doing to cripple America. After listening to these two great American statesmen, I would not hesitate to vote for either as POTUS.

Also, Cruz hasn't let it go unnoticed that his fellow republicans have been content with the same old Washington attitudes of doing nothing when it comes to listening to their constituents instead of rolling up their sleeves like Cruz and Lee to do everything possible to kill Obamacare. I'm ashamed at Corker and Lamar for not supporting them in this filibuster. Joe Carr will beat Lamar if everybody gets active to support him. The 2014 elections will be more important in saving America than the 2016 elections. We can't afford to sit out this up coming election. Edited by ThePunisher

However all this turns out, it is the effort that is important. If enough people show their disdain for "business as usual",

which Cruz is speaking out against, it will expose the bad guys from each party. Lamar won't be able to wiggle away

from his vote, Corker, maybe, ony due to how far away his re-election bid is, but we will hold Lamar to it. We need

your help.

Obamacare is already killing this country. Please stand up and be counted.

Guest Lester Weevils

Fox news and its talking heads have shown its true RINO colors over the Cruz filibuster. They are equally as mocking and critical as are the usual suspects such as Maddow and Scarborough.

There are certain ones, like that suthenah who just got the big raise and new time slot: Sheppard Smith.

But he isn't a conservative to begin with. Since I don't get any TV any more, which other ones, Lester?

I would expect the Sunday guy, Wallace, but not always. Megan didn't did she? O'reilly, who knows what

planet he's on at any given moment? Fox and Friends, I hope not. They are usually the conservative bunch.

The gals doing the commercial news spots, I doubt. They usually just do their job.

Guest Lester Weevils

I don't watch Fox news much either, but while cooking some split pea soup and cabbage last night, was toggling between CSPAN-2 and Fox, and it sounded like everybody except Hannity was critical of Cruz. Of fox videos I've seen on the puter, the list at least includes O'Reilly, Krauthammer, Brit Hume, Rove, Wallace, Caddell.

Though I have disagreements with Levin, he nails it on Fox news and the republican establishment--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfUc9jHHcU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma_eVkla1zU

Okay. You are talking about all their commentators and
pundits. They are all pretty much RINOs. Even Krauthammer.
I knew Hannity was square behind Cruz. Rove, Wallace and
Caddell are middle of the roaders. They don't get to the right
much. Rove, well I think you know what I think of him. I'll bet
you won't hear Greg Guttfeld saying anything bad about Cruz.
Guest Lester Weevils

Congress' most despicable republican gets his panties in a wad over rude constituent phone calls-- http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/peter-king-ted-cruz-phone-calls-97396.html

The New York Republican has called Cruz a fraud for his calls to defund Obamacare, and said the senator’s campaign this summer to get the House to pass a government funding bill that defunds the health care law led to some offensive phone calls to King’s office ... “I’m not saying Ted Cruz is responsible for all his supporters, but he has tapped into a dark strain here in the American political psyche here, and again, the most obscene, profane stuff you can imagine all from people who say they support the Constitution,” King said. “I think what we have to do is reach out to his people and let them know that they’re following a false leader here.”

Lets see, who to side with, Cruz, or an authoritarian statist dam yankee neo-con, anti-muslim crusading, gun-ban loving republican? If I have any money next year, gonna have to contribute to any primary challengers if King has any, and if King gets the nomination then maybe I'll contribute to his democrat opponent. A democrat couldn't be any worse than this piece of cow flop. He needs to go away, wherever dam yankee statists go for retirement, wherever Santorum and Giulianni went.

Notice the subtext (which we often see from leftists). It's not that people have thought about things and come to a decision about a position for, against, or whatever, it's that the message hasn't reached that person and you just need to "reach out" in the right way.

These politicians are surrounded by a lot of marketers who are a lot cleverer than them and they end up thinking along with them. It becomes a game, not reality and it's about style, not substance.

I remember when I saw Sundquist on TV and he was dribbling something along similar lines with regard to the state income tax. Being new to the state, it was the first time I'd ever seen him and I remember that the first impression I had before he even spoke was that he was slimy. When his lips started moving, that was confirmed and the words, "sack of ****" appended.

Edited by tnguy

Corker got in on the act of calling Cruz down today, also. Heard on the radio. Don't know the details of it.

This compromise nonsense someone came up with is completely unneeded. All the House has to do is let

the senate alter the CR, and keep on sending the original CR back to the senate until we get that shutdown.

with all the media huffing and puffing, they can't take the blame away from the Democrats and Harry Reid,

if they do that. I don't know who came up with the so-called compromise, but it smells of Eric Cantor.

I say let the senate screw it up and we will have everyone's vote on the record, to tear them apart in 2014.

Congress' most despicable republican gets his panties in a wad over rude constituent phone calls-- http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/peter-king-ted-cruz-phone-calls-97396.html

Lets see, who to side with, Cruz, or an authoritarian statist dam yankee neo-con, anti-muslim crusading, gun-ban loving republican? If I have any money next year, gonna have to contribute to any primary challengers if King has any, and if King gets the nomination then maybe I'll contribute to his democrat opponent. A democrat couldn't be any worse than this piece of cow flop. He needs to go away, wherever dam yankee statists go for retirement, wherever Santorum and Giulianni went.

Yeh. King showed his colors today, didn't he? He also loves the police state, a lot. Mr Authoritarian.

Corker got in on the act of calling Cruz down today, also.

Each day that goes by makes me feel that much better about not voting for Corker last election.  The more he screws up and shows his true colors, it just emboldens me further to say, "Don't look at me.  I didn't vote for that sumbitch."

Guest Lester Weevils

Each day that goes by makes me feel that much better about not voting for Corker last election. The more he screws up and shows his true colors, it just emboldens me further to say, "Don't look at me. I didn't vote for that sumbitch."

It is such a shock too. I thought real estate shysters were always political geniuses. :)

Just about the whole damned lot or them went after Cruz. Corker should have kept his mouth shut.

McCain was the most ridiculous of the bunch, today. He sounded like some announcer on MSNBC, except in his soft

voice.

Guest ThePunisher
The R party better start getting use to the Tea Party b/c there are going to be more rhinos getting replaced by Tea Partiers. There is a revolt going on in the R party, and the rhinos had better just switch over the Dumacrat party. Rhinos are not gonna last much longer.
From SenateConservatives.com

Fellow Conservatives:

Earlier today, the United States Senate voted to fund Obamacare.

There were 25 Republicans who betrayed their principles and voted for cloture, giving Democrats the power to implement this terrible law.

This is a disappointing loss, but the bill now goes back to the House where Republicans must hold their ground and refuse to fund Obamacare. 

Here are the 25 Senate Republicans who voted to allow Harry Reid (D-NV) and the Democrats to fund Obamacare today:

Lamar Alexander (R-TN) John Cornyn (R-TX)
Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
John Barrasso (R-WY) John Hoeven (R-ND)
Roy Blunt (R-MO) Johnny Isakson (R-GA)
John Boozman (R-AR) Mike Johanns (R-NE)
Richard Burr (R-NC) Ron Johnson (R-WI)
Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) Mark Kirk (R-IL)
Jeff Chiesa (R-NJ) John McCain (R-AZ)
Dan Coats (R-IN) Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
Tom Coburn (R-OK) Lisa Murkowksi (R-AK)
Thad Cochran (R-MS) John Thune (R-SD)
Susan Collins (R-ME) Roger Wicker (R-MS)
Bob Corker (R-TN)  
LEADING THE SURRENDER

There were a lot of people who worked against us in this fight, but nobody worked harder to fund Obamacare in the Senate than Mitch McConnell (R-KY), the Republican Leader.

Mitch McConnell pressured several Republicans to withdraw their names from the letter pledging to oppose Obamacare funding, he falsely accused conservatives of supporting a government shutdown, and he actively encouraged Republicans to support cloture this week so the Democrats could fund Obamacare.

If Mitch McConnell had not opposed this effort, there is no question that we would have won the vote today. He showed that he has clout in Washington. Unfortunately, he used it to hurt millions of American families.

From SenateConservatives.com

Fellow Conservatives:

Earlier today, the United States Senate voted to fund Obamacare.

There were 25 Republicans who betrayed their principles and voted for cloture, giving Democrats the power to implement this terrible law.

This is a disappointing loss, but the bill now goes back to the House where Republicans must hold their ground and refuse to fund Obamacare. 

Here are the 25 Senate Republicans who voted to allow Harry Reid (D-NV) and the Democrats to fund Obamacare today:

Lamar Alexander (R-TN) John Cornyn (R-TX)
Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
John Barrasso (R-WY) John Hoeven (R-ND)
Roy Blunt (R-MO) Johnny Isakson (R-GA)
John Boozman (R-AR) Mike Johanns (R-NE)
Richard Burr (R-NC) Ron Johnson (R-WI)
Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) Mark Kirk (R-IL)
Jeff Chiesa (R-NJ) John McCain (R-AZ)
Dan Coats (R-IN) Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
Tom Coburn (R-OK) Lisa Murkowksi (R-AK)
Thad Cochran (R-MS) John Thune (R-SD)
Susan Collins (R-ME) Roger Wicker (R-MS)
Bob Corker (R-TN)  
LEADING THE SURRENDER

There were a lot of people who worked against us in this fight, but nobody worked harder to fund Obamacare in the Senate than Mitch McConnell (R-KY), the Republican Leader.

Mitch McConnell pressured several Republicans to withdraw their names from the letter pledging to oppose Obamacare funding, he falsely accused conservatives of supporting a government shutdown, and he actively encouraged Republicans to support cloture this week so the Democrats could fund Obamacare.

If Mitch McConnell had not opposed this effort, there is no question that we would have won the vote today. He showed that he has clout in Washington. Unfortunately, he used it to hurt millions of American families.

Only fair to repeat, this was the cloture vote, all GOP members voted against the CR with the ACA clause struck out.

Some would say that we send Congressmen to DC to cast their votes on bills, not to simply stall. This is what they did, and they voted the way you would have.

- OS

• Like 1
Yeh, the cloture vote, but Reid can now take amendments and
add them. He can use the 51 vote rule, also, I think.

One good thing about those two TN senators. They are now
on record as siding with the RINOs, as to where they stand
on Obamacare.