Road Rage - This won't help the cause

Sounds to me like one guy chased the other so he defended himself. So this may not be a case of the perfect storm of hot heads. This is the reason I don't believe in pulling over for an aggressive driver. The way people get I'm more concerned with them trying to manifest their rage into violence than in worried they might be pissed at for not going fast enough. I'm not going to stop and give them a chance to box me in or get a better shot at me.
  • Like 5

I don't drive fast anymore and I have never had a issue with someone getting mad an me for driving 10 mph under the posted speed limits on 4 lane highways and I do drive the posted speed on all two lane streets.  Taking into consideration that it took place in Michigan is not surprising since I have found that most people up there are always in a hurry to get somewhere and are somewhat rude drivers in many cases but not all times. the deaths are a shame for dying for such a stupid reason if just road rage was actually the reason. It could be a lot more to it and that still might come out. It could have been something that took place between these two people prior to that morning.....jmho

There's real irony in that, probably, neither one of them though the other would have a gun on them.

All that be said to that is "stupid is as stupid does" and one thing is for sure.........."you can't fix stupid"

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

From the comments...

Brittany Flinn Â· Works at Ventra of Ionia

As a family memeber of one of the victims... the story is a little spun around... as media usually get it. The pt cruiser was following close behind the tuarus (my amazing uncle) ... the tuarus pulled into the car wash, of which u can see bc the pt cruiser is a bit behind the tuarus. The driver of the pt cruiser got out and shot my uncle 3and times in the chest while my aunt and my grandmother were in the car... my uncle then shot the man as he ran away.... its horrible that something soo stupid can take an amazing man like this.... very tragic
Reply Â· 47 Â· Like Â· Follow Post Â· 19 hours ago

From the comments...

Brittany Flinn Â· Works at Ventra of Ionia

As a family memeber of one of the victims... the story is a little spun around... as media usually get it. The pt cruiser was following close behind the tuarus (my amazing uncle) ... the tuarus pulled into the car wash, of which u can see bc the pt cruiser is a bit behind the tuarus. The driver of the pt cruiser got out and shot my uncle 3and times in the chest while my aunt and my grandmother were in the car... my uncle then shot the man as he ran away.... its horrible that something soo stupid can take an amazing man like this.... very tragic
Reply Â· 47 Â· Like Â· Follow Post Â· 19 hours ago

So ok, now we might know a little bit more about who was in front of who but still does not explain trying to fix stupid. Two people are still dead over one not driving fast enough to please the other and still only one side of the story and still ashame that two people are dead..........jmho

This is starting to remind me of my last days of playing golf. It used to be very enjoyable before Tiger made it very popular and then all the yahoos went out and bought clubs without knowing how to use them and started showing up at the links without the slightest clue about course etiquette. I got tired of being hit into and people talking while I was trying to hit, so, I decided that I was done with it.

With all the madness resulting from the threat of registration and confiscation, there a lot of people who have the right to obtain a firearm but in reality have no business doing so because they are ignorant of the responsibility that goes along with arming yourself, and they don't do so for the right reasons.

These two guys just proved to a lot of people who were on the fence that we can't be trusted.   :mad:

I don't drive fast anymore and I have never had a issue with someone getting mad an me for driving 10 mph under the posted speed limits on 4 lane highways and I do drive the posted speed on all two lane streets.  Taking into consideration that it took place in Michigan is not surprising since I have found that most people up there are always in a hurry to get somewhere and are somewhat rude drivers in many cases but not all times. the deaths are a shame for dying for such a stupid reason if just road rage was actually the reason. It could be a lot more to it and that still might come out. It could have been something that took place between these two people prior to that morning.....jmho

Being from Michigan originally I have to agree that people up there are in a hurry to get nowhere. But I am finding it happening a lot around here now as well, and these are locals not transplants. I get tail gated constantly by people with rebel flags and rebel license plates on their cars. The posted speed limits around here are a joke and people drive so fast on the country road I live on, that I am afraid to check my mail box on the shoulder of the road when cars are going by. I moved down here to get away from the stupidity of the north and seems that stupid is a universal thing.

Guest Riciticky

You want to know the  worst road rage. I can't stand these texters who drive on curvy country roads, while texting. I drive on one every day. I have almost been head on'ed more than a hundred times. I think it is worse than drunk driving and I am very serious. I have been so enraged that I considered getting back at them.  I always catch myself and get control, even though, most of the time, I have kids in the car that could be killed by these imbociles.