Had an interesting conversation with my mother this evening

mav

To preface the story, my elderly mother lives with me, and she was in my car with me this evening.  During our trip, I accidentally cut one.  I couldn't help it, and this was an absolute tear-jerker (the downside to a very high protein diet).  It was so bad that my mother started laughing and claimed that I had died.  After the aroma died several minutes later, I quipped at how embarrassing it would be to do that during an intimate moment.

My mother spoke up, "Speaking of that, this is your house and I don't care what you do in your bedroom.  However, when you have someone over, make sure you do not do it on top of your bed spread.  I had to clean it today."  I had no idea how to respond and felt really embarrassed at first.  Eventually, all I could do was laugh.  It was a good and funny moment to an otherwise crappy day.

• Like 3

:rofl: :rock:

The rule in my parents house, no sleeping with the other sex less ya was married.

Well after my parents went their ways, I was visiting my mom, she sat me down and told me about her boy friend.

She told me he was sleeping on her house and they were not married, a few seconds of looking at each other, I grinned,

she laughed and all was good.

Parents are cool, just got to go by their rules in their house.

I can only hope that I am never faced with either of these situations. Talk about awkward.

It was awkward, but it was also what made it so funny.  Considering my mother is 78, it was something I would have never expected to come out of her mouth.

Anyway, I am glad it happened.  It is a memory that I will want to keep.  One day when my mom has passed, and I am sitting around with other family members reminiscing, I could see a moment when someone says, "Hey, you remember when mom said..."

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Lowbuster

We all hold our parents in high regard, but they are just people, just like us.
If ya get the chance, get to know them on a personal level.

Over the pas three us years my grandfather died and it triggered the dementia to escalade in my grandmother. When she got bad , friends, family every one left me and my dad with it. We got to bond on a different level. I found out things about him and he did I. I agree with redd get to know them. Before grandfather died I learned about WWII etc. now my dad is. Of only my dad, but a great friend too.

Since someone brought this thread back to the top, I will let you guys in on another issue of similar nature.  I managed to break all the bed slats on my bed.  Last week I ordered some heavy duty steel supports for my bed from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/X-Support-GS-3XS-Bedding-Support-System/dp/B004OT0S2I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382320775&sr=8-2&keywords=steel+bed+slats . 

The package was delivered to my house on Wednesday.  As I pulled up my driveway, I saw a bunch of cars at my house.  A bunch of relatives decided to stop by the house.  Everyone was in the kitchen, and when I went in my older sister told me that I got a package from UPS.  They asked me what it was, and I told them.  My mom asked me why I bought those, and I told her that I broke all the other bed slats.  Everyone started laughing and my mother said, "I have no idea what y'all are doing up there, but I have been married twice and have never broken bed slats."  :)

• Like 2
Lol! We broke a chunk out of the side lip that the boards rest on during one particularly exuberant romp. I used a monster thick Webster's dictionary and 2 issues of Road & Track to hold up that side for the next 3 years until we bought a new bed... with two steel braces down the middle!