Gosh!! Some real backbone being shown!!!

Just a thought: After the government shutdown in 1995 the GOP GAINED seats in the '96 elections. I'm not prophet but I do read my history, and for me that's current events. :)

That is also a possibility.  The problem is that we have a few that have adopted the establishment line of going along to get along.  What they fail to realize is that voters sent Republicans to Washington to fight, not capitulate.  Granted, it is an extremely difficult situation, and we may end up getting our butts kicked in the end.  However, my view is that if you are going to go down, you might as well go down swinging.

Republicans are always being accused of being obstructionists and using dirty political tricks, while Democrats get a pass, and they are the very ones who engage in such practices.  If Republicans are going to be accused of such action, then they might as well live up to it because no matter what they do, they will not change the perception of the low information voter, which is Republicans are uncaring and evil.  That perception is only exacerbated by establishment-types sniping against fellow party members.

If the Republicans take a hit on all this mess, the blame lies solely with the establishment Republicans.  Members like McCain, Peter King, Corker, and countless others have really damaged the party in their attempts to suck up to the media by bashing those who are doing what the voters have been demanding.  Now the establishment-types say that they agree in spirit with the unruly ones, but have different tactics.  Tactics my ass.  They have been talking tactics for years, and have done nothing of substance.  Their kicking the can down the road is what has lead us to this mess.

I know that the CR really can't do all that much to Obamacare.  However, there are some things we could get that I would be happy about.  If the CR could somehow be tied into approving the Keystone pipeline, eliminate ethanol subsidies, eliminate the EPA's biofuel requirements, cutting some funding for the EPA,  etc...  Those are all winners in my book.  Unfortunately, nobody is talking about them as everyone's focus is solely on Obamacare.

In the end, voters want something besides a blank check.

Edited by mav

Well when all is cut and dried and ACA goes into effect buy the time 2014 gets here and so many folks have got totally blistered by it on both sides of the isle as far as the American voters are concerned they might look at the Republican party and say well you were right and go to the polls with RED in their heads and be bleeding read all the time they are in the voting booth, something like Rowdy mentioned. Surely stranger things have happened. You can bet they didn't expect the Republicans to rebound with such authority back in 1996 either but they did. This train wreck that is coming is going to teach a lot of Americans a lesson for those smart enough to learn from it. I am also figuring that all the freebees that folks have been getting will be gone shortly after the debt deal is done also.That will also make folks bleed red. The GOP make take a few lumps tomorrow from the media but i have a feeling the lumps they get will be just little knots compared to what the people are going to get when the ACA starts driving up their health insurance to unaffordable rates and Jobs move in full blow cut backs because of it.........jmho