Umph... tough, tough spot.

Peace

I would have considered my life to be in danger. I would have run over many more until they got the point. That RR

guy was showing restraint. I know he had to be scared to death.

That looked like something out of a Mad Max movie.

Mad Max would have ran them over, shotgunned them as they gave chase then buried them in the rose garden.

I don't know if you have children or not, but if you do, I'd like you to remember having a two year old.  Now imagine your two year old in the back seat of a vehicle that is being assaulted from all sides by a mob of criminal bikers that have shut off all avenues of escape.  If you don't have a child I don't know how you could possibly understand the dire situation this guy was in.

I do. But having known people who were killed & injured in hit & runs, I can (and again, I do not want to appear to be endorsing or defending the motorcyclists) understand the instinct to pursue.

The more I think about it, the more it seems that this outcome was pretty much predetermined from the moment that guy went down. I am not sure what the RR driver starting to shoot would have had on the situation, sometimes you're just in a bad place. Though brandishing would seem to likely be warranted and a good idea. To my mind, the whole thing was the fault of the asshole who brake-checked (and has since been arrested according to the news) and more generally to the pack of motorcyclists riding in the fashion that they were. Anything that followed stems from that.

The more pertinent question might be, given the RR driver being otherwise innocent of wrongdoing, what he could have done to avoid being drawn into things. (Note, not what he *should* have done). I don't have an answer for that either :)

Edited by tnguy

The more pertinent question might be, given the RR driver being otherwise innocent of wrongdoing, what he could have done to avoid being drawn into things. (Note, not what he *should* have done). I don't have an answer for that either :)

Not call 911 and report the bikers erratic driving?  The article says the bikers surrounded him because he called 911 and reported them to the police.  Not sure how the bikers knew he made the call but that is what the article says.

Not call 911 and report the bikers erratic driving?  The article says the bikers surrounded him because he called 911 and reported them to the police.  Not sure how the bikers knew he made the call but that is what the article says.

I mean before the idiot and the brake check.

Not call 911 and report the bikers erratic driving? The article says the bikers surrounded him because he called 911 and reported them to the police. Not sure how the bikers knew he made the call but that is what the article says.

You're missing the point. In America we must focus blame on people who are the victims rather than the evil people that attack them. I'm sure the guy who was taking his toddler and wife on an outing to celebrate their anniversary was up to no good and the biker gang of 200+ people on bikes with no plates started their day with no intention of committing crimes.

You're missing the point. In America we must focus blame on people who are the victims rather than the evil people that attack them. I'm sure the guy who was taking his toddler and wife on an outing to celebrate their anniversary was up to no good and the biker gang of 200+ people on bikes with no plates started their day with no intention of committing crimes.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that.

Update:

Short version, they caught the brake-check douchebag. Still looking for the two that did the actual assault after the recording ends (RR driver was beaten and slashed in the face). When the RR hits the gas at the beginning of the footage and plows over some bikes, he hit a biker and hurt him pretty bad. Medically induced coma and may not walk again. That sucks. His family, of course, says "he's a nice boy. There was no reason for that RR to run over our nice boy. If he had just stopped it would have all been OK" [/sarcastic paraphrase]

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cops-hunt-bikers-wanted-wild-upper-manhattan-attack-article-1.1472419

Continuing to read on this, it looks like the RR was getting attacked pretty bad when it first stopped (including tires slashed) so yeah, all bets off at that point.

I guess if anything can be drawn from this, it's to avoid mobs, either from the inside or the outside if possible.

No clue why these were re-posted by lady gaga of all people, but there are several more videos of the motorcyclists rowdy and often illegal behavior. In several cases they ride on sidewalks, block cars at intersections with quads, run red lights, split lanes, change lanes without signaling, box cars in keeping them from retreating/exiting to the right lane, inter into verbal altercations with other drivers, ect.

Several unedited videos seem to be hosted here and apparently they were grabbed before the original went viral and the owner pulled the rest due to incriminating evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LadyGagaOfficialFan1/videos

Interesting comment I found elsewhere:

Groups of riders like this will start swerving back and forth slower and slower til they grind traffic to a halt in order to clear the roadway in front of them to stunt and video the nonsense. Obviously I'm assuming here, but I assume Rover guy had somewhere to be and didn't want to be part of the illegal roadblock so they can film a video so he honked his horn and drove through them all getting close and that angered them. I've seen #### like this way too often. They just shut down highways by swerving and slow you to a halt. The cops can't do anything but get one of them at a time but in reality they don't want any part of these morons. Some of them are gangs on dirtbikes not even remotely suited for the street.rolleyes.gif

I'm definitely against people deliberately blocking traffic.

Edited by tnguy
Guest 6.8 AR

They won't do that in front of me for very long. All that is is a threat.

Update:

Short version, they caught the brake-check douchebag. Still looking for the two that did the actual assault after the recording ends (RR driver was beaten and slashed in the face). When the RR hits the gas at the beginning of the footage and plows over some bikes, he hit a biker and hurt him pretty bad. Medically induced coma and may not walk again. That sucks. His family, of course, says "he's a nice boy. There was no reason for that RR to run over our nice boy. If he had just stopped it would have all been OK" [/sarcastic paraphrase]

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cops-hunt-bikers-wanted-wild-upper-manhattan-attack-article-1.1472419

That "nice" boy may never understand what he did, now. Too bad. I won't shed a tear.

I'm reading some claims that the RR driver bumped a motorcycle before the video and didn't stop. Quite possibly this is a scenario where it would be best to throw *everyone* in a big pit, cover it over and put a big sign saying "Warning, stupidity" on top.

I'm reading some claims that the RR driver bumped a motorcycle before the video and didn't stop. Quite possibly this is a scenario where it would be best to throw *everyone* in a big pit, cover it over and put a big sign saying "Warning, stupidity" on top.

No. If you want to act stupid on a bike in front of me on the street, thats fine, ill show you how much i appreciate it with my big truck.

This is the same thing as back a few months ago the people were walking out onto the interstate to protest.

Do it in front of me on the street and I WILL RUN YOU OVER without a second thought.
  • Like 3

I used to ride bikes a lot, and have the utmost respect for other bikers. That being said, had I been the guy in the SUV, I wouldn't have left the scene of the accident, because the accident would have been scattered all over the freeway until I saw no more motorcycles.

Once when I was a kid, my buddy, myself, and our girlfriends were going to a motocross race in his mother's Cadillac. We made a wrong turn and found a string of black guys shoulder to shoulder blocking the road. Stopping and looking back, there was the same thing behind us. My buddy turned white as a sheet and asked me what he should do. I told him if he wanted to go back home tonight, his only option was to stand on the throttle. There just isn't anything else to do.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1

Update:

The guy who got run over was an accomplice to an attack on a defenseless two year old. I hope he dies a horrible and painful death. He deserves a combination of bone/ass cancer. As for his family, they need to STFU. He deserved it. The family running their mouth about their criminal in a coma deserve the same fate for ignoring the terror he and his hoodlum friends put this young family through.
  • Like 2

No clue why these were re-posted by lady gaga of all people, but there are several more videos of the motorcyclists rowdy and often illegal behavior. In several cases they ride on sidewalks, block cars at intersections with quads, run red lights, split lanes, change lanes without signaling, box cars in keeping them from retreating/exiting to the right lane, inter into verbal altercations with other drivers, ect.

Several unedited videos seem to be hosted here and apparently they were grabbed before the original went viral and the owner pulled the rest due to incriminating evidence.
http://www.youtube.com/user/LadyGagaOfficialFan1/videos

Funny how you don't see them doing this kind of stuff in Tennessee.

This is another example how NY laws which punish law abiding citizens does nothing but encourage criminals to run amok. Never in a million years would a wannabe biker gang of douches engage in all this crap on a Tennessee highway. There'd be a string of dead hoodlums on the road, which once again supports my theory that these people are all cowards who are only emboldened by the weak not defending themselves or having the ability to defend themselves.
  • Like 1

I know most of us here that carry use the color code.
I wonder if the trouble could have been avoided with some situational awareness by the Range Rover Driver.
dailyhttp://www.policeone.com/police-trainers/articles/2188253-Cooper-s-colors-A-simple-system-for-situational-awareness/

Sad day when we fault a young man for driving down the highway during the middle of the day with his family by suggesting he is in any way responsible because he failed to have situational awareness.
  • Like 2