This just in............I got SCREWED!

Guest uofmeet

I am one of those exempt people. I get my insurance through my wife's company which is a union. Go figure. Actually got a letter in the mail earlier this year saying the applied for a waver from obamacare and it was accepted.

You know, only some insurance companies are participating in the Obamacare exchanges.

I'm wondering if the ones who do are also the ones who are jacking their existing prices on non-ACA policies the most.

Would like to see some comprehensive state by state data on just which companies are offering the ACA coverage, anyone find any without me having to do the research?

- OS

You know, only some insurance companies are participating in the Obamacare exchanges.

I'm wondering if the ones who do are also the ones who are jacking their existing prices on non-ACA policies the most.

Would like to see some comprehensive state by state data on just which companies are offering the ACA coverage, anyone find any without me having to do the research?

- OS

Pretty sure that is the case. We have United Healthcare and they also take care of Medicare/Medicaid/Tenncare and we constantly having to make it clear that we are not on those. I did see United on the list of ACA insurers. The plan we have is similar to one on ACA and it is almost half what we pay and my wifes company pays 3 times what we do for our insurance. I can't wait until I have to claim what her work pays for insurance as income, It will be bittersweet seeing 6 figures on a tax statement. We both have strived to make that and when we finally do it is because we have to claim something that used to be a benefit. I am starting to believe it would be better if my wifes company just gave her the $20,000 raise and forced us into ACA.

Side note- my spellcheck on IOS7 sucks

Edited by LI0NSFAN

Or new policy will come out the last week of November as well. My insurance went up about 25% last year with a higher deductable. I am just wondering what it will do this year. I am Type 1 Diabetic, and can't buy insurance. Basically I am Screwed.

Pretty sure that is the case. We have United Healthcare and they also take care of Medicare/Medicaid/Tenncare ...

They are also of course one of, if not the largest, Medicare Advantage and Supplemental insurers nationwide, mainly because of their unholy alliance with the AARP.

- OS

They are also of course one of, if not the largest, Medicare Advantage and Supplemental insurers nationwide, mainly because of their unholy alliance with the AARP.

- OS

Yep, suck that we are with them but unfortunatly you can't choose who your employer uses.

Just got our health insurance packet today for 2014. Our max out of pocket went up 18% and our weekly contribution went up 30% and they eleminated our HRA (Health Care Rembursment Account- free money we get for doing preventative visits). We are planning on having a baby next year we will max out our Out Of Pocket so we do have to take that into account. I did the math and we are going to see an increase of $3,300 for the year. I can not believe that my insurance is going to increase almost $300 a month. I went to the joke of a website for ACA and we do not qualify at all, we are eliminated for multiple reasons. I fudged some numbers on the site just to see what some of the policies look like. I found one that had similar benifits as ours and it is only $400 a month. I think it is INSANE that if we did not work as hard as we did to get where we are I could take home over $500 more a month through ACA. I should not have to pay more for insurance than people that get ACA for the same coverage. ACA should be bare minimum insurance kind of like all the "State required" car insurance. I think I will end here, I am so pissed right now I might send my BP through the roof and I now can't afford to go to the hospital.

Well, somebody's got to pay for all that "free health care insurance" Obama wants to give to people who did nothing to earn it.

When he told Joe the plumber that he wanted to spread the wealth around; I wish more people had listened.

Or new policy will come out the last week of November as well. My insurance went up about 25% last year with a higher deductable. I am just wondering what it will do this year. I am Type 1 Diabetic, and can't buy insurance. Basically I am Screwed.

I was told that pre exsisting could not hurt you but when talking to the live help while shopping health insurance they asked me if I had any and specifically asked about arthritis. What does arthritis have to do with anything, everyone can be diagnosed with it.

Just remember, Obama and his flunkies have the best of intentions. Its all good.

Yep! The Democraps want to do good but, they want to do good with your money and make us all equal, equally poor.

I'm paying $13,000.00 per year for Blue Cross / Blue Shield and it appears that was a historical bargain. I've had health insurance all my life and seldom if ever used it. I'm seriously considering dropping my health insurance and do the same as the uninsured. Go to the emergency room, get stabilized and treated and let my concerned liberal citizens pay for it.

You don't get any better or worse treatment whether you pay or not. I think I'll join the un-appreciative welfare crowd the more I think of it. After all, you all owe me a living!

Guest TankerHC
You're lying. I know because I watched Obama's speech this morning and he said that wasn't happening. I bet you're one of those 88% of non Democrats who really love and want Obamacare.

SCAREMONGER!

I know. It is not funny. Obama is a bold face liar.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

You're lying. I know because I watched Obama's speech this morning and he said that wasn't happening. I bet you're one of those 88% of non Democrats who really love and want Obamacare.

SCAREMONGER!

I know. It is not funny. Obama is a bold face liar.

My wife watched the speech at home and all she said was,"Obama is such an ass. "

Well, somebody's got to pay for all that "free health care insurance" Obama wants to give to people who did nothing to earn it.

When he told Joe the plumber that he wanted to spread the wealth around; I wish more people had listened.

They did. And they wanted more of that sweet, sweet OPM.

It's time for no representation without taxation.

Edited by tnguy

I'm not even going to look at getting into ACA since I'm one of the better doers in the middle class according to POTUS and his people.. Either way, current plan was renewed before Oct 1st. but it did go up, next year dunno, since I'm planning on moving to another company soon, which is another problem in it's own, but would be nice to have a co-pay for visits now..

Guest ThePunisher
Lots of restaurants and recreational businesses will be going out of business since people will have to do even more prioritizing with their income to pay for increased healthcare costs. Add to the commies plans of increasing your energy bills and gasoline cost constantly increasing, this commie- in- chief has his hands on pushing the nation over the cliff. Trickle down economics of Obamacare is in full force of emptying your pocketbook.

Yep, wealth redistribution is in full force, and the crying is just starting. If the working people pull the lever for any commie democrat in 2014, then they deserve more economic misery. I hear a roaring noise that sounds like a revolt coming at the voting booths, but again I may be wrong about the voting booths like I was in 2012. Yep, voting for commies has consequences. Edited by ThePunisher
Guest TankerHC
I know some did and some didn't., but for those who did not listen to the kings speech this morning I just want to say your all wrong. According to the king in his speech all he did was give you opportunity. More opportunity than citizens of this country have ever had when it comes to health care.

And you have 6 months to take that opportunity. ........or else.

Guest 6.8 AR

I did expect some increase but still $300 a month increase is steep. I spent more than the poverty line on medical premiums and bills last year and now it goes up more than what the freeloaders are paying for a full plan.

Well, the reason I said what I did was all the warning I and many others gave. You have no idea what's in store for you. That

$300/month increase will seem like peanuts before this is through. And afterwards, when the insurance industry is destroyed

none of us will have any kind of insurance. Your $300/month increase is only the first step. Wait until you get stuck with

single payer after your insurance company dictates Obamcare completely.

Guest 6.8 AR

I am one of those exempt people. I get my insurance through my wife's company which is a union. Go figure. Actually got a letter in the mail earlier this year saying the applied for a waver from obamacare and it was accepted.

Oh! You got a one year waiver. That's a temporary shot of morphine. I'm uncertain whether the railroads unions got one,

so I just resigned myself to laughing about insurance.

Guest ThePunisher
The high deductibles alone is gonna make sure people won't ever go to the hospital. The average lifespan will quickly be reduced b/c of this communist healthcare. People will have a stroke when they see the deductible and total payout of a doctor and hospital bill they will be responsible for. Let's get use to using the word comrade.
Guest copperhead_1911

I have heard this from SEVERAL people in Several States say the same thing. The darn liberals just dont get it and wont get it.