Fresh Response from Corker (10-1)

Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about the continuing resolution and Obamacare. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts

Like you, I am concerned about the negative effects the health care reform law is having on our state, our country and future generations. Health care costs have significantly increased since its passage, and studies show this trend will continue as the most harmful portions of the act become law in 2014. Our state agencies have indicated that on the exchange there may be up to a 70% increase in the cost of health plans for next year. The Obama Administration recently released a report that shows shopping for health care in the exchanges next year also means limited choice. For example, over 100 insurance plans currently offered today in the Nashville area will not be available in the exchange next year.

On Friday, I voted in support of advancing the Republican House continuing resolution that would permanently defund Obamacare while funding the federal government. After the defunding provision in the bill was struck by an amendment that I opposed, I voted against passage of the amended bill. The bill nonetheless passed the Senate with only Democratic votes and moved back to the House.

Senate Democrats have rejected all proposals made by the House Republicans, and the government has shut down. I hope that we can reach a solution to this impasse that strengthens our country and allows us to address entitlement spending.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senatoriqtrk.gif?crop=14392.7839530.7115575.755

What he says is true, but what he didn't mention is how he got on the mic and bashed Cruz.  Thanks for posting this.  We ran out of toilet paper at work so I printed out a copy of this letter.  I just thought it would be a good idea that when I wipe my ass I should have a good reminder of Bob Corker. ;)

• Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

But his vote for cloture can't be denied away. He did absolutely the opposite of what he should have. He sided with the enemy.

I can't think of any other way to say it.

"On Friday, I voted in support of advancing the Republican House continuing resolution that would permanently defund Obamacare"

When did this happen? He lied. Plain and simple, unless you wish to allow his double talk to be considered truth. Nothing truthful

about it.

Just tossing it out there. I'm sure more folks will get a copy. I'm not gonna speculate much on navigating the snake pit. Obamacare isn't going away until it falls on its own ass, IF the Democrats don't wind up controlling both houses of congress. The boys in the senate could have made the statement, but I'm not sure what it would have cost them to do it. Only the people can stop this thing now, and most of them don't know how ugly it is. The good news... they're fixin' to find out.

Well, I guess the Republicans are getting the blame for everything and Harry Reid called the Tea Party out as the driving force behind all the problems which caused the Shut down of part of Government. In doing so all he did was show just how much power the Tea party is wheeling in this country and it is going to help it grow even grow stronger because now folks are realizing that the Tea Party is in fact the main voice of the people and Reid admitted that last night without even knowing it. I have been a member of the Tennessee Tea party since it began and I am proud to be one. Since Reid's speech last night about 11 PM I expect to see all the Tea Parties in every state begin to grow in large numbers before 2014..........jmho

Guest 6.8 AR

Harry Reid only helps the Tea Party. He is one more reason the Tea Party exists. It was created because of both parties

being full of crap, not just Republicans. Reid is a prime example of a communist. The Democrats would be wise to consider

that.

Guest Bassman17SC

I got the same...exact...reply.  What a shiftless, obfuscating, and deflecting response.  AR is correct; the good senator does not mention his cloture vote.

Guest 6.8 AR

I have yet to see a solid stance on anything from Corker, except when it comes to waffling on issues and voting

to help his buds in the senate to remain. Any of you ever watch "House of Cards" on Netflix? That show lays it

all out. Everything inside the beltway needs an enema.

Just don't lose sight of the closest target: Beat Lamar! I'm sure we will continue to compile Corkers misdeeds all

the way to the time to beat him, also.