My letter to Alexander & Corker

Dear Senator________, et al,

Thank you. 

For each and every time your efforts to represent your constituents have left you worn, exhausted, and bruised.  Thank you.

I consider myself a socially progressive, legislatively libertarian, and fiscally conservative tax payer.  Thus, I have grieved watching the Republican party loose direction, unity, influence, and elections, yet I have hope for the future.

In the current debacle, it seems that your colleagues on the other side of the isle have flat out refused their obligation as public servants and rejected your offers of a conference.  This is one step too many by a party which backs an administration and senate majority which is already due accountability for overseeing a continued faltering United States of America  - synchronous with an increasing dependance of the population on the government - evidencing a willingness to leverage that subservient dependance into influence and votes.  No matter the party that cultivates them, these scenarios are not the bedfellows of democracy.

Most of us see this current malfeasance as a result of continued irresponsible behavior of the legislative branch as a whole.  From my perspective, I realize that this may be exacerbated by an administration that functions as many have in the past.  Still, most of our citizens are somewhat business savvy, and they understand the basic principle of a budget and the basic tenet of sound business management.  We are loosing each battle, and indeed, the war - because we are not making a cohesive emotional connection with the collective citizens of the United States of America.  As rational as I am, I have lived enough to know that even stoic, stalwart titans are motivated by feelings - with a side dish of logic.

Remembering, yet leaving the past, please represent us in a calm, reasonable, fact-based manor; still, please be vocal, be present, and make our presence known.

Please help the party hire better speechwriters, spend more money on equipping our candidates for the current political climate, and help the party find something (anything is a start!) in common with everyone in America.

Please help our government recover.  I have two kids, a boy and a girl - both 5 years old.  They have dreams, and I have hopes for them to live in a free, prosperous America -- to live life, steward liberty, and pursue happiness.  They don't need anything handed to them.  Our mothers and fathers worked for what they had, and so should we - rising with or falling on our willingness to earn the desires of our heart.

Peace to you and yours,

Nashville, TN

You are giving them too much credit. The letter should be something shorter like:

Why do you not vote the way we want you to? Either stop voting for your careers, or you will soon be searching for a new one.
  • Like 2

You are giving them too much credit. The letter should be something shorter like:

Why do you not vote the way we want you to? Either stop voting for your careers, or you will soon be searching for a new one.

plus one.  the ones that have been on office for some time need to go.  we have support a dead horse to long.  time for new blood.  bob and lamar are not helping any more.  they are looking out for themself, not us.  but it is the same in most states.  it is going to be bad when the reset hits.  the free loaders/low information voters are not going to like it when the free stuff goes away.  but we workers can not keep on supporting them.

Guest Bassman17SC

Umm, what?  That sounds just like a response from a politician.  The senators (actually their staff) have little time to read a rambling, convoluted letter.  Keep it short, sweet, and simple.

I also see two egregious spelling errors in the letter (1- "loosing" should be "losing;" 2 - "manor" should be "manner").  Such errors could possibly lead a person to put this in File 13.

Don't get me wrong; I agree with your sentiments.  I am just offering a little advice on the writing skills.  And yes, I am a member of the grammar police.

By the way, that "something" is called conservatism.  The last time a presidential candidate embraced it, he won in two landslide elections.  But it only works if the idiot politicians embrace it.

Have you had many dealings with them? They have never tuned in to anyone in the state except their careers, so there is no fear of them tuning you out.

They care solely about getting reelected, letting them know that is at risk is the only way to get them to even blink. Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1

Alexander is a hopeless case, he is a liberal in bed with the Democrats. The only cure is voting him out of office. Now that Joe Carr is opposing him in the primary he is worried about re-election. Plus the guy is age 73 and has been on the public teat his entire life.  You might want to check our Carr's website, I will be supporting him.

http://www.carrfortn.com/

• Like 1

Alexander is a hopeless case, he is a liberal in bed with the Democrats. The only cure is voting him out of office. Now that Joe Carr is opposing him in the primary he is worried about re-election. Plus the guy is age 73 and has been on the public teat his entire life. You might want to check our Carr's website, I will be supporting him.

http://www.carrfortn.com/

Multiple "Beat Lamar" signs are popping up around our neighborhood. Looks like word is starting to spread

Multiple "Beat Lamar" signs are popping up around our neighborhood. Looks like word is starting to spread

I'm in a small cul de sac or I would have one! Rather the signs be used in higher traffic areas. What I need is get get me a couple of bumper stickers.