WOW , just wow : Has Marlin gotten this bad ?

tercel89

Hasn't Marlin always used the term clip for any removable magazine? I wanna say my lil Papoose manual says clip. I'll see if I can find that up.

They called 'em clips in 1981....

They also call .22 Mag "WMRF" rather than the almost universal "WMR"

- OS

One of the first posts I made here, I came out with "clip" and got some bashin' and some compassion. - but I learnt real quick-like which was which.

Well, glad to know Remington/Marlin have retained the quality employees in the marketing dept.

With this point well explained has anyone ever wondered why it is called a magazine. Magazines is mostly relating to reading material so around knowledgeable gun owners they would think your referring to some book. Now we come to the word clip. I all reality that word does refer more to what we call magazines because after all a Magazine does clip into the lock in the gun........ :ugh:  So in all reality which sounds more logical yet is is just the opposite so go figure......... :rofl:  :rofl:

Before there were any of those bound up papers called "magazines" a magazine was a room or building for the storage of ammunition. The moral is that language is constantly changing. Me, I haven't changed a bit since Nixon was president! :)
Guest nra37922

Before there were any of those bound up papers called "magazines" a magazine was a room or building for the storage of ammunition. The moral is that language is constantly changing. Me, I haven't changed a bit since Nixon was president! :)

Very true,  as a child the word President meant the head of state and head of government of the United States. The president leads the executive branch of the federal government and is the commander-in-chief of the United States Armed Forces. Article II of the U.S. Constitution vests the executive power of the United States in the president and charges him with the execution of federal law, alongside the responsibility of appointing federal executive, diplomatic, regulatory, and judicial officers, and concluding treaties with foreign powers, with the advice and consent of the Senate. 

Now it just describes an organ of elimination ie.  a major league asshole..

Rem-Lin sux.
I've never been a fan of anything Remington makes. The 700 is a hyper inflated gas bag. The Savage 110 is leaps and bounds better for half the money.
Remington has ruined the good name of Marlin by vacuuming them into their fold. Quality is nowhere NEAR what it once was. BUT, in all fairness, nothing else is either unless you get into small tight knit business that charge a fortune (often well worth it if you want genuine quality).

Corporate Amerika has been good to us. They give us mass volume of cheap goods in a timely manner.
Corporate Amerika has destroyed pride, quality and apparently taken to the vernacular of the uneducated masses.

Win some lose some.

Clip, magazine. Doesn't really make a difference do it? Personally I like 'Cartridge Dispenser'.
Try going to a gunshop and ask for a factory cartridge dispenser for a Glock 19. Ha! Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

Rem-Lin sux.
I've never been a fan of anything Remington makes. The 700 is a hyper inflated gas bag. The Savage 110 is leaps and bounds better for half the money.
Remington has ruined the good name of Marlin by vacuuming them into their fold. Quality is nowhere NEAR what it once was. BUT, in all fairness, nothing else is either unless you get into small tight knit business that charge a fortune (often well worth it if you want genuine quality).

Corporate Amerika has been good to us. They give us mass volume of cheap goods in a timely manner.
Corporate Amerika has destroyed pride, quality and apparently taken to the vernacular of the uneducated masses.

Win some lose some.

Clip, magazine. Doesn't really make a difference do it? Personally I like 'Cartridge Dispenser'.
Try going to a gunshop and ask for a factory cartridge dispenser for a Glock 19. Ha!

I like this ! 

Very true,  as a child the word President meant the head of state and head of government of the United States. The president leads the executive branch of the federal government and is the commander-in-chief of the United States Armed Forces. Article II of the U.S. Constitution vests the executive power of the United States in the president and charges him with the execution of federal law, alongside the responsibility of appointing federal executive, diplomatic, regulatory, and judicial officers, and concluding treaties with foreign powers, with the advice and consent of the Senate. 

Now it just describes an organ of elimination ie.  a major league asshole..

Seems to me that it fits Obama perfectly - can't think of any other president who has done so much to execute federal law... not to mention the constitution.

As to magazine vs clip; as long as I continue to hear otherwise literate adults refer to a semi truck, I'm not going to complain about an otherwise literate arms manufacturer mentioning a free clip.

If you look in gunbroker under pistol parts they have a section clips/magazines. So go figure. To remedy this situation I say let's all go with revolvers and lever guns and leave those nasty bottom feeders alone! Just kidding I have some of those bottom feeders.

Edited by Dirtshooter