Shemaghs

Here are some ways to wear a shemagh.

This is an over the face and head wrap, that is great for keeping sand and dust out of your face.

Posted Image

This is an over face wrap, bandana style. It works well if your wearing a helmet, sunglasses, hat etc.

Posted Image

This is just a scarf wear. I love these things when its cold, and windy, plus it will keep brass out of your collar when worn this way

Posted Image

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Guest Phantom6

Ah yes, the multi-tool of clothing-

• as a head wrap - keeping sun or snow, wind, sand and dust - out of eyes, face and neck.
  • a face veil - concealing the face or protecting the face from dust, sun and weather.
  • Sniper hide mats- breaking up the lines of the face and rifle
  • a scarf worn around the neck - retains heat in the cold and absorbs sweat/protects the neck in hot &
  • sunny conditions. Also when wet, cools via evaporative cooling.
  • a small sunshade cover whilst resting
  • an arm sling - giving an injured arm support
  • a foot wrap - replacing a lost sock
  • a carrying pouch for equipment
  • a towel
  • etc., etc. [URL=http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/eacrow/media/Fun%20Pics/PFD.png.html]PFD.png[/URL]

Here are some ways to wear a shemagh.

This is an over the face and head wrap, that is great for keeping sand and dust out of your face.

20131006_184530_zps875a7345.jpg

This is an over face wrap, bandana style. It works well if your wearing a helmet, sunglasses, hat etc.

20131006_184404_zpseb12eb6b.jpg

This is just a scarf wear. I love these things when its cold, and windy, plus it will keep brass out of your collar when worn this way

20131006_184555_zpscfd291fc.jpg

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Okay, I guess I'm in the dark here - are you like missing some miniature upside down suspenders or somethin' that goes with it that makes it so you gotta' keep your arms crossed while you're wearing it? I mean, I know that in the pic of BBS he didn't have his arms crossed, but he also had it just flopped over his head instead of wrapped around his neck.

Does anyone know where you can buy miniature upside down shemagh suspenders at or do you have to make your own? (They didn't list 'em on the site I was looking at.)

...Just seems like it'd get kinda' awkward if you always gotta' have your arms crossed when you wear it... :shrug:

:whistle:

:hat:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I bought a OD green with black trim Saturday at Freidman's Army Navy for $10.99. They have about 6 or 7 different colors. They also have all kinds of bandanas that would come in handy for straining water.

Where is there a Freidman's at? There was one here in Murfreesboro when I was a kid but I guess I never realized it was more than a mom and pop shop that went under.

• 1 month later...