NFA processing has been suspended

Did you submit fingerprints and have the CLEO sign off? If not you will likely have to do it before it is approved. That is a proposed change to federal regulations that should go into effect pretty soon now. All trustees have to go through the same process as doing it as an individual.

I was going to do a trust but could not see the benefit for me. My stuff can transfer for free after my death. I was going to do a trust so friends could use my stuff but once the background came up I didn't want to do that to them.

BTW, I have heard the recent estimate at 15 months. Mine have been in the works since April 1st.

Guest semiautots

MY FFL sent me an email and it said that NFA is advising a 15 month wait on all new submissions.  Class III is going to drown, as the gubment will not hire additional agents.  Slow approval times = fewer owners.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colonel j

Getting ready to mail mine in today "15 months wait" Gee.I was hoping to have the same wait times my older brother has been having 6 to 8 months for each of his stuff.

I was told yesterday by the NFA branch that they are not working on trusts right now. The reason is because of the pending change in the law regarding the backgroudns of trustees. They said as they are coming in they are putting them in a box until after the proposed change becomes law.

I had two forms come back errored. One was identical to one that was approved two years ago. They are definitely giving a little more scrutiny to them.

I was told yesterday by the NFA branch that they are not working on trusts right now. The reason is because of the pending change in the law regarding the backgroudns of trustees. They said as they are coming in they are putting them in a box until after the proposed change becomes law.

I had two forms come back errored. One was identical to one that was approved two years ago. They are definitely giving a little more scrutiny to them.

Interesting.  I know a lot of people were trying to hurry and get forms in before the change hoping that they would be grandfathered in.  Apparently the NFA has other plans for current trust forms.

Which is a violation of current law. Proposed changes will require the law to be changed in the right universe, at this time. They just

told you they are rogue and it should make your blood boil. They have no right, I'm sorry, authority, to take that action.

Edited by 6.8 AR

No, the law isn't being changed.  The regulations or directives which implement the enforcement of the National Firearms Act are.  The proposed changes to the regulations were published in the Federal Register on 9 September.  The period for public comments expires on 9 December.

That doesn't make it right, or legal, to hold up the process. If any of you think it is, you need your head examined. That ain't the way

it works. If there is no legislation backing up those proposed changes, there is no reason to allow this. I ask once again, is there some

law that was passed that backs this up?

"I ask once again, is there some law that was passed that backs this up?"

No, and the BATFE doesn't need one.  Go here:

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/uscongress/a/fedregulations.htm

Yep. Actual specific procedures of interpreting and enforcing the USC (United State Code, the "laws") is codified into the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations, the "rules").

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Well, you are missing the point. Whether or not there is some kind of mechanism to make or create a law, or regulation, where no

law backs it up, is wrong.

I guess if that is the case, they, or anyone in the government, can do just about anything. That settled that! Why bother? Screw Congress!

• 2 weeks later...

The only two references I can find regarding the nonprocessing of Form 1's and 4's associated with Trusts/Corporations both pertain to the government shut down. Perhaps this led everyone to assume NO forms of this type were being processed? Is it possible processing for everything has started back up after the shutdown was ended?

I have personally spoke with our examiner.

He told me that all new trusts submitted since the proposed rule change were being put in a box and were not being worked on. He said they did not want to start working on them then have to go back and work on them again.

Now I will say that one of the pre examiners is probably full of it because of something he told me. I will not repeat it because it was so outrageous.

Yep. Actual specific procedures of interpreting and enforcing the USC (United State Code, the "laws") is codified into the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations, the "rules").

- OS

What you are assuming by that is that any law that allows the federal government to make a regulation can be re-interpreted by any future

administration, and that, at the least, is nothing less than total tyranny served up as an entree for further degradation of anything in the

Constitution. In other words, a bunch of digested crap. This is the same garbage that is going on in the EPA, regarding coal fired power

plants and their CO2 emissions.

That's how criminals are mass produced. If this is what's going to happen, from now on, nothing else matters, especially if you accept it.

Let's all just roll over and die.

Edited by 6.8 AR