NFA processing has been suspended

[quote name="173rdABN" post="1087845" timestamp="1388672647"] Lady said it was 9 months from pending date on the phone. LAMMMEEEEEEEEE. But, we'll see about that as well….. My last one took 5 months and 16 days. I'm already over that, but who knows, maybe I'll get them this month or next…. lets hope...[/quote] Mine went pending May 17th and I haven't received mine yet. I think you have a while. I also have one that went pending in June. I hope to get one this month and one in March.
Guest longshot007

Talked to a local dealer and they are saying the average is about 9 months.  They are hoping to guinea pig the next Form 4 with the new eFile.  We will see.

If you think about the NFA, they should have all those forms out in less than a month, tops. It's exactly what the liberals want:

a registry. I am really surprised that they haven't made the NICS program take months somehow, which is what they would love

to destroy.

All that stuff and none of it should exist, in the first place.

Edited by 6.8 AR

If you think about the NFA, they should have all those forms out in less than a month, tops. It's exactly what the liberals want:

a registry. I am really surprised that they haven't made the NICS program take months somehow, which is what they would love

to destroy.

All that stuff and none of it should exist, in the first place.

Indeed, what is there about it that means it should be any more than a background check? If it has to be in place, it should be possible to go to you LGS and get it done there and then.

Took'em a while though, didn't it, Dave?

The point I was making was that the liberals want a gun registry so bad, and that one already exists. i would have guessed an intelligent

bunch(the liberals :D) would be busting their chops to make it work, all the while adding stuff to it. To do that would mean to make it

look so good compared to the NICS, they would be arguing to put everything in it.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Took'em a while though, didn't it, Dave?

The point I was making was that the liberals want a gun registry so bad, and that one already exists. i would have guessed an intelligent
bunch(the liberals :D) would be busting their chops top make it work, all the while adding stuff to it. To do that would mean to make it
look so good compared to the NICS, they would be arguing to put everything in it.

yes it took 13 months give or take a few days come on over we will shoot of the back porch and yes you are right no reason to take more than a day or 2

Got a call today saying my forms need to be resigned. My own fault.

Had the deputy chief sheriff sign thinking it was ok. NOPE. 

Going to get them resigned and sent back ASAP. 

Good news is, once they get back to the ATF I wont loose my spot in line and they should get mailed back within 30 days approved. 

A permanent address, at most a birth certificate for identification, a NICS check, and you should be on your way with that

so-called $200 tax stamp. Besides, since it is a tax stamp, you already have been identified as a taxpayer and you shouldn't

have to prove much more that that. Even with bureacracy added, with the computerization of the government, it should go

through in a week or two. There is no excuse for the wait you guys have to put up with.