NFA processing has been suspended

I suspect the trust submissions are going to really start slowing down. Whe they first started accepting applications I was told they were taking less than 2 weeks for approval and that was about 6 months ago. And since then every single board I am on has people submitting their trusts electronically. And now it is taking 3 months. I hope not but I suspect in the next 6 months trusts will be about as long as for individual submissions. 

If they seem to settle down and remain at less than individual sumission times I will jump into the trust world.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

These quick turn arounds have been due to e-forms just spinning up well.  ATF split several examiners off for this process solely.  So the original path got slower, fewer examiners... I saw a steady 6 months go to 10 in the fall... just like that... my steady flow of approvals in just plain stopped... now my old forms are finally starting to come back in ... at 11 months and I expect they will continually get worse... 

Those first few e-forms folks got smacked over the head with a huge gift... they jumped straight to the front of the line... but now every board under the sun has been pushing e-forms... all in all, it is and will be a much better way however I can only imagine the volumes that are pumping through there now.  A lot of folks sitting on the fence jumped off and back in the game because the rumors of 2-3 week approvals.  I highly expect it too will eventually catch up with the paper forms. If I had crystal ball I'd say 5-6 more months and it's going to be mox nix on which route you take. 

Almost a shame b/c I have paper forms submitted in the early fall we'd probably get back quicker by canceling and re-entering the e-form route. 

But this game has always been about timing... the longer you wait, the longer you are going to wait ;o) ... 

Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN
  • Like 1
Called ATF today and my form 4 with a trust was approved Jan 2nd. Went pending on March 17th.

I am a little annoyed my dealer didn't call and I had to call them. Oh well, at least it's here. Now hopefully only a couple more mynahs for my second one.