How has or will the government shutdown affected you

I was just wondering for those that feel like sharing, here is how i have been/will be affected.

I got a call today that I already saw coming.  My weekend drill for this month has officially been cancelled due to the shutdown.  Normally not a giant deal, although the money is budgeted for my healthcare it is only a couple hundred dollars and under normal circumstances could skip a few creature comforts and be fine.  However added to this is that i am a full time college student going to school on the post 911 GI Bill.  It pays out a monthly BAH stipend that may or may not end come late October.  That stipend is budgeted to the mortgage and the electric bill.  

It's looking like come the end of the month I may not have the funds to pay the bills, and will likely have to resort to selling off one of the collection.  The PS90 will probably be the first to go.

It hasn't affected me, yet. I don't see getting any benefits I paid for, so I am not worrying about it. There's a lot more to what I

said than you may realize. We're a lot more alike than you may think. Just different funds coming from the same thieves.

It affected me. I've had to endure copious amounts of pointless bitchin'. It's the only thing 99.7 super talk radio talks about. It's just like wheni was a kid and the president was on. Is on every channel!

I'm to the point where I really don't care if the power company goes out there and pulls the meter at the White House and the bank ( of china no less!!!) puts a lock on the door.

Screw em. Weak animals make meals for the strong. I'll be glad when we as a people stop sheltering this thing and put it down so we can restart/rebuild and get back to some semblance of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
There will never be happiness with the current regime who take STEAL from me because I decided I need to work for what's mine and give it to some lazy ghetto trash cuz somebudy gots to pay to raise my babies!

I got a match, who's got some gas? Edited by Caster
  • Like 13
I went to Pearl Harbor today got to go on the Missori no problem
I then tried to go to the Arizona Memorial but because I was not a part of a Japaese tour group Iwas not allowed on
as it is closed by the shut down unless you are part of a tour group
It was very upsetting to see 100s of Japanse and Chinasse visiting one of the most hallowed memorials in America but Americans not allowed to go
  • Like 4

It affected me. I've had to endure copious amounts of pointless bitchin'. It's the only thing 99.7 super talk radio talks about. It's just like wheni was a kid and the president was on. Is on every channel!

I'm to the point where I really don't care if the power company goes out there and pulls the meter at the White House and the bank ( of china no less!!!) puts a lock on the door.

Screw em. Weak animals make meals for the strong. I'll be glad when we as a people stop sheltering this thing and put it down so we can restart/rebuild and get back to some semblance of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
There will never be happiness with the current regime who take STEAL from me because I decided I need to work for what's mine and give it to some lazy ghetto trash cuz somebudy gots to pay to raise my babies!

I got a match, who's got some gas?

I think this is about dead on.

Not sure how much this is out, but I just heard from a very reliable source that the State of TN has just furloughed allot of people as of today.  Little bird told me.  I cannot directly confirm but I have been told.

About 700 at least.

Edited by vontar

I depend on tourism from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for my income.  Needless to say it is affecting me financially.  I do have to agree with Caster though.  I'll go wait tabes if I have to, it pisses me off that people, myself included, can no longer use the park but we do need to quit coddling this thing and let it die.  If this government were a human being on life support any person with a shred of compassion would have pulled the plug long ago.

• Like 5

i was put on furloughed day one of the shut down.  but because of my position i was told to be at work.  so i am furloughed, but working like normal and not getting paid.  we worked five days before the shut down on the pay period and so far no pay on those days.  so it is no pay for the last pay period. looks like it will be no pay for the up coming one too.  i got several long term operations going, but no money to support them now.  so it looks like money spend and time investigated, etc... will be wasted.  but nobody cares.  i don't know what part of the government is working except the part that is keeping the dead beats in the money, free phones, and food.   and i forgot the part that votes the correct way are still getting funding. something has to be done to stop this run away government.  maybe the shut down will be a start.  i am for the shut down no matter how hard it will be for me and my family in the long run.  

I can't access data on the USDOJ website or the NIJ website, but that's the least of my worries.  Starting Monday, my wife will be working without pay and my income alone isn't enough to pay the mortgage, bills, daycare, and groceries.  We have some in savings after buying this house a few months ago and paying some medical bills, but it will only get us by for the first month or so.  If this continues, you will be seeing me selling off guns one at a time on here until I have none left.  Once that is gone, I guess I'll be looking for a second job until these douchbags get their crap in order.  

Guest ThePunisher
When a few suffer, it begins a trickling effect on the rest before too long. Pain for all us gun owners that can think for ourselves is the ultimate goal from the commie. MAYBE one day soon everyone will wise up to the these commies and put a stop to all their s###.

I thought they passed something indicating that the furloughed workers that were working through the shutdown would receive their back pay when they get things going again. Is that right?

It's better than nothing, but still can put folks in a hard spot when the money stops coming in. 

• Like 1

I thought they passed something indicating that the furloughed workers that were working through the shutdown would receive their back pay when they get things going again. Is that right?

It's better than nothing, but still can put folks in a hard spot when the money stops coming in. 

They will have to pay them when the time comes, so they might as well just do it now.  However they are wanting to make people hurt.

My food stocks are up, I won't say I am ready for a year but I am good for at least 2 months.  I need to do a better job in that department. but money isn't always there for that.

My wife works for the state and there is a good chance she is going to get furloughed soon.  (others already have been)

Edited by vontar