Sig vs Glocks

IggyBcool

Guest razorblade

Own many Sigs, no glocks.   I have owned one and shot several, just not my preference, my accuracy suffers with them. 

Edited by razorblade

The Sig is a bit more refined like a Cadillac and the Glock is like a Honda.

That's about the best comparison one can make. To me both are highly accurate and highly dependable. Sigs cost more and cost more to own. IMHO the Sig 220 is the best of the Sigs and beats a heavy(for Glock) thick Glock 21. Holsters, barrels, magazines, and parts for Glocks are so much more affordable and readily available I prefer them solely for those reasons. Glocks tend to have a higher capacity for size than Sig counterparts as well.
  • Like 1
IMO, both are excellent guns with excellent
reliability and are fun to shoot. Glocks are lighter in weight and very easy to modify, or convert or doing a complete stripping, but have limited styles. Sigs are heavier and are better looking guns with more diversified chooses in style. If you are looking for a carry gun or a 10mm I would recommend a glock. If you are looking for a well built metal gun then a sig. Either way both are excellent guns out of the box. I have owned sig p220, p226, p250, p290, p238,1911's and a p938. I currently have and carry a Glock g30sf and wife carries a glock g19 gen 4. I also have a few 1911's by different manufacturers, that are our range guns.

I own many Sigs and Glocks too.  I consider myself a Sig guy, but can not ignore the Glock.  Think of it this way, the Sig is absolutely a beautiful weapon, smooth, and just sexy.  Its kinda like the beautiful classy girl in High School, the one that made your heart race when you looked at her, and the one you would bring home to mama.  However, the Glock will do just fine, its ugly, not as sexy.  Its kinda like the fat or ugly girls in high school, not to sexy, little plump but sure were dependable to put out if you know what I mean.  Both will do fine if you can score!

I do know this, if my Sig P220 was to accidently slip out of my hand, and hit the concrete, I would look all over the gun for dents and scratches, and fret about them, however if my Glock 21 fell to the ground, I could care less.      

• Like 1

Buy them used.  Most of my sigs were about the price of glocks.  

That's is good advice IMO & sometimes used can be as good as new. My first SIG was P229. I got it on a trade & it's never malfunctioned. Nearly every gun I've owned has been used when I got it & I've never had an issue with any of them.

Edited by luvmyberetta

Chevy Ford argument.  I've owned a number of Sigs including X-Five and SA 220s, DAK and whatever in Sig land. I have no idea how many Glocks and Glocks with crazy aftermarket.

I'm not now a fan boy of either, but I would reach for either.  However, I only now own Glocks.  When you want to impress the fellas at the range you cannot beat a nice Single Action 220 or an X-Five in 9mm.  Of course nearly any decent 1911 in .45 or 9mm will or can shoot with the Sigs.

If all you want is a reliable efficient save your butt gun that you can have some fun with then Glock is just fine.

• Like 1
Good question. They both get the job done, the sigs cost more. U can buy used sigs for a lil more or same as a new glock. I prefer the sigs for ruggedness, trigger action,and comfort.
Try both and make your own decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
Guest Bassman17SC

I own nothing but metal-framed ("classic" P-series) Sigs and 1911s.  Tried Glocks, but they do not work for me.

My Sigs (P-226 Enhanced Elite and M11-A1) have never had a failure whatsoever while shooting them.  They are easy to disassemble/reassemble and maintain.  Just remember to use grease, not oil on the rails.  Oh, and they are way more accurate than I am.

Sigs v. Glocks is a generic question. I don't own any Sigs but have been lusting after several as of late, especially the P226 Tac Ops and the elusive P210. But despite how much eye candy I see, my pocket can't justify the Sig price tag either. The real question is whether or not you want polymer striker-fired or metal DA/SA. The Sig P-Series and all Glocks are combat proven. 

If you are used to the Sig decocker set up and are not opposed to polymer, you may want to look at the Sig 2022. I've heard a lot of good things about it but have no experience with it. Otherwise, you may want to look at CZ's with a decocking lever if you are looking for a quality metal piece at an affordable price.   

Hard to quantify personal taste. I have Glocks, Sigs, 1911s, some guns just "speak" to me. Most days I carry a 1911. This week for whatever reason I'm toting my Sig M11A1. Just did some trading for a MK25...probably going to run it in a class next weekend.

find a buddy that owns a Glock and shoot it. I hit as well with Glocks as I do with Sigs...but my personal preference is for a metal gun. Hard to pistol whip someone with plastic :-)

I was just recently talking to KnoxAl --- he is a current Sig guy, former Glock. To him, the Sig feels better in his hand and he doesn't mind the extra weight of an all metal pistol.

In my house, my wife has a Glock and I am a CZ guy (which must be the Mercedes of DA/SA since Sig is the Cadillac)

I shoot the CZ waaay better than her Glock; it is more comfortable in my hand.

Looking for pro's and con's on each. I have a P220 and looking to start adding to the collection. Just don't know if I should justify the price of Sig's over Glocks.

which sig?  Its hard to do pros and cons on sig vs glocks : glock only has one gun design, sig has at least 5 major families (1911, DA/SA, striker or dao or whatever their DAK design really is??, single stack micro, .22 target, dao?) 

Edited by Jonnin

I too own a few Sigs and no Glocks.  Both are well-built and well-engineered firearms.  The Sig is a bit more refined like a Cadillac and the Glock is like a Honda.  

Yes , this . The Glock is like a Honda because it will function and run and run .

The Glock has way fewer parts and is a lot easier to fix with a simple tool or ink pen . The Glock has parts that can be found in a lot more places , I mean a lot more places than a Sig. The Glock is cheaper and the Glock has an awesome record of reliability . Also the Glock will function when you need it , trust me , I know . And the warranty department at Glock is a lot better than Sig's from what I am hearing lately . Dont get me wrong , I want a Sig 220 but if I want my life to depend on it then I want a Glock 21 instead of a Sig 220. 

Edited by tercel89
Only having shot 1 Sig ever, I can't attest too much to their longevity as others on here can. But the advice given so far seems to be sound. I think it's really about what you want, as another poster mentioned. Both have good reps and would serve you well I'm sure. I personally love to shoot all metal DA/SA guns, but I like to CC polymer frames due to the lighter weight. I vote for a mixture of both...alternate your purchases. Just make sure to post pics. Edited by CCPT

I do have to admit, I do think my 220 is pretty freaking heavy to be a compact. I feel like Glocks are uniform completely across all of their models. You pick up a 9mm and it feels like a 45. They pretty much the same feeling just a different caliber. I'm not sure if Sig is the same with all of their different models.

I feel like Glocks are uniform completely across all of their models. You pick up a 9mm and it feels like a 45. They pretty much the same feeling just a different caliber. I'm not sure if Sig is the same with all of their different models.

Other than the G36 I find the 45/10 Glocks feel a lot different than the others. I actually like the feel of a Sig220 over a G21 and I am a huge Glock 9/40 fan.

I prefer SIG over Glock but I feel SIG is overpriced and think you can get a great handgun for lots less with 

just as good MFG and quality . The main reason I prefer SIG is its all metal and its DA/SA trigger is for me better

than a striker fired pistola

Glock is my fav tupperware gun however,having said that I own one of each  a P226 and a G23

Both have night sights and a trigger job   :) and are on standby as my SHTF pistols 

Edited by SonnyCrockett

ive had a couple sigs in the past. my only real complaint with them was the position of the slide release lever. with a high thumb, 1911-style, I tend to sit my thumb on the slide release and would get a failure to lock on empty magazine.

I know carry and own only glocks but will admit I was more accurate with the sig. more target pistol vs combat pistol accuracy. I can keep 2-3" groups at 25 yards with a glock 17 with polished internals. shrinks down to 1-2" with a sig 226 out of the box.

I don't own a sig but have 1911 as well as glock pistols.  I don't see a need to make a choice of one or the other.  If I like a pistol, I will buy it.  If not, I'll search for one I like better.  The pistols I carry daily are usually much less expensive than those in the safe.