Mountain house

Guest copperhead_1911

Guest copperhead_1911

I am more familiar with wise. A buddy told me his supplier is running a sale. are these good prices ( plus 10-15% off) 

#10 cans
rice and chicken $20
Chili mac with beef $22
Macaroni and cheese $24
scrambled eggs with bacon $24
Diced beef $33

He told me that have the whole flavors but these are what I have been told. I have some wise that I am keeping for my prep food so far, but might add to this. 
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest copperhead_1911

They are for the #10 cans. I have only used wise packs before. I know the cans are basically like big cans that have like 10 or 15 servings in them. I have never even tried mountain house. 

Does this site have a group buy section? Heck I might try to get a few people in on some volume

Mountain House is good stuff.  Shelf life likely equal to the lifespan of the shelf.  Actually tastes like food. 

The go to website for purchase is Emergency Essentials.  They frequently have sales on certain items.

Volume purchasing gets you free shipping. 

I have used probably 3 or 4 cases of varied #10 can products, haven't run into anything that wasn't first rate.  I keep meaning to get a vac sealer to repackage contents, as you can cut the price of the individual serving meals (check wally world and bass pro) used by campers/hikers by 80%. 

I have been buying and stocking up for over 5 years now on anything with extended shelf life and will rotate it as it gets close to expiration time and use it. I made a list of things and have them stored in totes not counting what I have in cabinets in kitchen. Also might want to mention if you have a pet, that you will be needing food for make sure you put food back for them also. .........jmho

Guest copperhead_1911

Mountain House is good stuff.  Shelf life likely equal to the lifespan of the shelf.  Actually tastes like food. 

The go to website for purchase is Emergency Essentials.  They frequently have sales on certain items.

Volume purchasing gets you free shipping. 

I have used probably 3 or 4 cases of varied #10 can products, haven't run into anything that wasn't first rate.  I keep meaning to get a vac sealer to repackage contents, as you can cut the price of the individual serving meals (check wally world and bass pro) used by campers/hikers by 80%. 

Holy Cow

I need to get some of this stuff and sell it. Those prices are all over what the places recommended. Man I did not realize how expensive this stuff was at other places till I checked those sites.

Isn't Mountain House the brand that some Walmart locations sell in individual servings in their camping section?  Well, used to, anyway - come to think of it, I don't recall noticing any of it, lately, and could only find the 'emergency food' bulk setups on their website but some of them may still stock it.  I think that I have seen it in individual serving pouches in the camping sections of other stores, too - like maybe Bass Pro/Outdoor World or Gouger Mountain, maybe Sportsman's Warehouse, for instance.  Just thinking that if the OP could find a couple of the individual servings to try that might help make the decision on whether or not to order some of it.

Edited by JAB
Guest copperhead_1911

I have seen it in walmarts. The serving size is sometimes different than the packs you buy from mountain house, but you can get a chance to taste it.

Wal-Mart started selling individual Mountain House entrees about 6 months ago. You can find them in the sporting goods section. Competitive prices but you will get a better deal when ordering online. 

And as someone mentioned, buying 1 or 2 is a good way to test them. My GF and I ate one a few weeks ago while camping and it was surprisingly good. 

The eggs and bacon on the other hand were terrible. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous86

Isn't Mountain House the brand that some Walmart locations sell in individual servings in their camping section?  Well, used to, anyway - come to think of it, I don't recall noticing any of it, lately, and could only find the 'emergency food' bulk setups on their website but some of them may still stock it.  I think that I have seen it in individual serving pouches in the camping sections of other stores, too - like maybe Bass Pro/Outdoor World or Gouger Mountain, maybe Sportsman's Warehouse, for instance.  Just thinking that if the OP could find a couple of the individual servings to try that might help make the decision on whether or not to order some of it.

Yes, we sell Mountain House products at Sportsman's. We honestly have the best selection in Chattanooga. I believe we have at least two dozen different meals to choose from. You can get them in individual pouches, buckets, or cans.