Cancer

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC
Yet at the same time there are constant reports on health channels showing the incidence of breast cancer in women and men as well as colon cancer is increasing.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Well, it comes down to credibility doesn't it?  Do you believe organizations like the NCI or whatever sources these new stories are using?

Personally, I find stories about...well about much of anything when it involves science pretty unreliable...often sensationalized for the sake of the story.  In any case, my point was that personal, anecdotal experience is a poor source for drawing conclusions; even though people tend to do just that. ;)

Guest TankerHC
So I'll make a point as well. The response was totally unrelated to the question. I like anyone anywhere can get the same information. My question was generally Have you seen an increase in the number of friends and family with cancer?". Anecdotal or not if I needed the NCI information I didn't need to ask for it. I can use search engines.

Guest TankerHC
BTW. If you take a look at research papers from last year you will find that not only is cancer increasing but the number of cases globally is expected to increase 75% by 2030. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2 Edited by TankerHC

Could be related to the aging population. I don't know, but both my parents died from cancer, 2 uncles died from it, other uncle has had it 5 or six times but is still kicking. I've had it twice myself. Seems like everyone I know has had a family member die from cancer.

So I'll make a point as well. The response was totally unrelated to the question. I like anyone anywhere can get the same information. My question was generally Have you seen an increase in the number of friends and family with cancer?". Anecdotal or not if I needed the NCI information I didn't need to ask for it. I can use search engines.

Sorry if I irritated you or if you thought I was being unresponsive to your question; I just, personally, try not to draw conclusions on a subject based on individual persons experiences as such very often lead to incorrect conclusions; I shouldn't have tried to push that viewpoint onto you.

So...to try and answer your original question; in my nearly 60 years on this planet I've known many, many people who died of or at least had cancer including many family members (father, mother, paternal grandfather, uncles, etc). These are family and friends who are scattered all over the country from Arizona to Maryland to Ohio to Pennsylvania and in between. However, I haven't noted any "increase" in cancer occurrences/more people getting cancer now than in any other given period of time.

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest TankerHC
[quote name="RobertNashville" post="1049351" timestamp="1381946804"] Sorry if I irritated you or if you thought I was being unresponsive to your question; I just, personally, try not to draw conclusions on a subject based on individual persons experiences as such very often lead to incorrect conclusions; I shouldn't have tried to push that viewpoint onto you. So...to try and answer your original question; in my nearly 60 years on this planet I've known many, many people who died of or at least had cancer including many family members (father, mother, paternal grandfather, uncles, etc). These are family and friends who are scattered all over the country from Arizona to Maryland to Ohio to Pennsylvania and in between. However, I haven't noted any "increase" in cancer occurrences/more people getting cancer now than in any other given period of time.[/quote] You did not irritate me. You made a point and I made a counter point. The forum's would be pretty damn boring if we all agreed with each other and walked in lock step. Then Forums wouldn't be worth visiting. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2 Edited by TankerHC

I think it is more prevalent now than several years ago. My GGGrandfather died of some sort of cancer my dad used to talk about Pop and how he was bedridden and in pain for 7-8 years.  My wife's older brother died at 36. Several friends and associates have it. My wife's best friend a girl we both graduated high school with has colon, bone and other cancer, her dad died last Friday of cancer, her 51 year old brother has been sent home on hospice care, has colon, breast and bone cancer. I hear more and more men with breast cancer, something that for some reason seems strange to me. I know there are children that have cancer, but I really think some of the CRAP we eat is responsible. I heard a Dr. say that they had done studies on chicken nuggets and said some were only 47% chicken meat with the remainder fat, bone, cartilage etc. Just a FYI, they also said that the U.S is going to export chickens to China for China to make chicken nuggets and ship back to U.S. I don't know about you, but I don't want any Chinese chicken nuggets. Am praying for all the cancer patients.

Never knew anyone with cancer as a kid and teen. Cancer took my mom, my grandpa,my brother in law the last 4 years. Now ive learned my co workers child has cancer.

It does seem to be happening more. I rahter see them work on a cancer prevention. Than a cure.