Llama .380 ???

Sean

I have the chance to buy one from my brother really cheap and my girlfreinds grandfather had left some guns for his grandkids in his will. So otherwords i have the chance to get 2 guns for around $150. :D Odd that they are the same guns.

So my question is, are these good guns? Anything I need to know about them?

Heres my brothers.

P4070169.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sean...this is a .380 version of the 1911, as I'm sure you know...

if you get it, and it jams. you can get a dremel, and do some work on the feed ramp, and do a few other things that will make it a great little pistol.

if you get it, and it doesn't shoot like ya want, I'll be happy to take it off your hands later on down the road...

Guest Phantom6

Reef must have gotten a hold of a bad pistol. I've had Llama .380 and absolutely loved it. If I could get another one I'd do so. Built like a small 1911. The fact that you can get 'em both for $150 is even sweeter. If you ever want to get your money back out of 'em give me a call.:up:

It's a fairly decent copy of the Colt Mustang from what I've heard. It will just need some TLC to turn it into a more reliable shooter than it is when stock. My one great regret in my time of buying and selling handguns was letting a nearly new Colt Mustang go, but I didn't shoot it that much, and it was too pretty to let sit in my car's filthy glove. $150 is a damn good deal.

I'll second what Phantom said, if you want to get the money back out of them, I'd probably be interested. It'd make a great gun to leave in my car.

Guest Phantom6

I'll second what Phantom said, if you want to get the money back out of them, I'd probably be interested. It'd make a great gun to leave in my car.

Hey, I got first dibbs though :up:

Hey, I got first dibbs though :up:

There's two of them, I'm sure we can come to an equitable agreement about them. And just remember, if you ever say you don't want them... I'll be there... waiting... armed with some greenbacks and a 4473 form. (=

Well, whats the reason they get jammed so much? If I didnt like them, id only be able to sell one of them. The one that is coming from my GF grandfather would not be sold, since it technically wont be mine and due to its setimental value.

The Llama is to Colt like Mercury is to Lincoln... After the Lincoln has been on Pimp My Ride. My old Colt Mustang had no issues whatsoever feeding any ammo I put through it, but I've heard of some other Mustangs that refused to cycle some ammo reliably, same for the Llama and Astra clones. So if the Llama's jamming, it's probably either dirty or just doesn't like the ammo you're feeding it.

Basically, it has all the same flaws that a GI 1911 .45ACP does, but the weapon is just half the size and chambered in .380 instead. Think of it as a half sized Series 70 1911 set on wimpy stun.

If your girlfriend/spouse/significant other likes 1911's, but thinks they're too big and heavy, let her have a go with the Llama, you probably will never get to shoot it again without her permission, but I still haven't found a problem with females who like to shoot guns yet...

Guest Phantom6
Well, whats the reason they get jammed so much? If I didnt like them, id only be able to sell one of them. The one that is coming from my GF grandfather would not be sold, since it technically wont be mine and due to its setimental value.

Oh, I fully understand, I'll take the other cause I never had a jamming problem with mine.

HINT:I would polish the feed ramp on any semi auto pistol I bought.

Just let me know so's I can beat ol' skwashdem to the draw since he's already announced that he going to come armed (with the greenbacks).:up:

Oh, I fully understand, I'll take the other cause I never had a jamming problem with mine.

HINT:I would polish the feed ramp on any semi auto pistol I bought.

Just let me know so's I can beat ol' skwashdem to the draw since he's already announced that he going to come armed (with the greenbacks).:up:

Polishing the feed ramp is a good idea for any semi-auto, it was worth every penny to have it done to my XD, even though it was pretty smooth to begin with.

Don't mess with the Greenbacks. But don't forget my other piece, the almighty Form 4473 since he's in North Carolina and we'd have to get all technical about it.

Polishing the feed ramp is a good idea for any semi-auto, it was worth every penny to have it done to my XD, even though it was pretty smooth to begin with.

Don't mess with the Greenbacks. But don't forget my other piece, the almighty Form 4473 since he's in North Carolina and we'd have to get all technical about it.

:devil:

So what causes "smokestacking" Your wrist or the gun not ejecting the casing fast enough?

You mean stovepiping? Where the empty case sticks straight out of the chamber at an angle? Someone wiser than me will have to answer, my only experience with stovepipes is with a .22LR using standard velocity ammo and a limp wristed sorority girl I was trying to teach to shoot with earmuffs on because I could pretend I didn't hear her incessant jabbering about how badly the gun was kicking.

You mean stovepiping? Where the empty case sticks straight out of the chamber at an angle? Someone wiser than me will have to answer, my only experience with stovepipes is with a .22LR using standard velocity ammo and a limp wristed sorority girl I was trying to teach to shoot with earmuffs on because I could pretend I didn't hear her incessant jabbering about how badly the gun was kicking.

:haha:

Yeah, my brothers .380 was doing this when my sister-in-law was shooting it.

Sounds like limp wristing to me, I've never been able to force myself to limp wrist a gun... Too many years of gripping a pistol properly and all...

Yeah, I didnt even know you could limp wrist it, I mean why would you anyway?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest looneeetunes

HEY, HEY WATCH THAT ABOUT HIPOINT. I HAVE A 45 WOULDNT CARRY IT BUT A LOT OF FUN AT RANGE. OVER 700 ROUNDS AND SWEAR IT HAS NEVER JAMMED. I KNOW NOTHING OF THE LLAMA IN QUESTION THO. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ADD A COUPLE OF CENTS THO