TGO Lowers - Santa Claus is coming!

MacGyver

• Admin Team

Awesome! I actually like the look with the tool marks, reminds me of that Gieger guy who did the Aliens artwork.

Plus this reminds me, off to place my order.

Yep.  Orders close end of business on Sunday.

Do we have to wait till christmas?  :popcorn:

No, but this ought to be a really enlightening thread for folks to watch.  These things definitely don't come off the machine magically ready to snap together.

• Admin Team

Any word on what the total order for TGO lowers is, or may we find out after the closing date?

I'm not sure, but we'll be happy to share once it's finalized.

As of today, I think about 40% of the people who created accounts over at CMT and "firmly committed" in the last thread have ordered.  The numbers are always hard to estimate until people actually step up and place orders. 

I'm not sure, but we'll be happy to share once it's finalized.

As of today, I think about 40% of the people who created accounts over at CMT and "firmly committed" in the last thread have ordered.  The numbers are always hard to estimate until people actually step up and place orders. 

I figured a fair number of people wouldn't follow through, but I was imagining maybe 25%, not 60%. Because they have put so much work into this, I hope CMT doesn't end up being disappointed with a possible lack of expected interest. Maybe everyone was waiting for today, pay day, to roll around. 

• Like 2

I figured a fair number of people wouldn't follow through, but I was imagining maybe 25%, not 60%. Because they have put so much work into this, I hope CMT doesn't end up being disappointed with a possible lack of expected interest. Maybe everyone was waiting for today, pay day, to roll around. 

I'd hate to have to order another set, that'd just be aweful...

• Like 4

I doubt that they will be too disappointed, I added 2 additional uppers and BCGs to my original commitment after seeing the quality at the price offered. I'm sure some others have as well, but if I could have ordered a half dozen at that price I would have given some time to budget for it.

Edited by 2.ooohhh
  • Admin Team

It's kind of expected in something like this. 

Part of the reason may be that we chose a top shelf billet upper, too.

If I told you guys how many, "I could buy 4 New Frontier Armory Polymer lowers for the cost of one of these" PMs I've gotten over the last month, you wouldn't believe it. 

I know the shutdown has affected a few folks, too.

If I told you guys how many, "I could buy 4 New Frontier Armory Polymer lowers for the cost of one of these" PMs I've gotten over the last month, you wouldn't believe it. 

Do what?  :stunned: Are you serious?  :stunned:  People had the nerve to send you such messages?  :stunned:

Some people's children. I hope you banned them immediately.  :wave: 

• Admin Team

Do what?  :stunned: Are you serious?  :stunned:  People had the nerve to send you such messages?  :stunned:

I think it's just an interesting indicator of the times we live in - that there are plenty of people who think their AR cobbled together from whatever random gun show/junk bin assortment of parts is every bit the quality of your Noveske, Larue or LMT. 

Prices in the classified over the last year have shown it.  I guess it shouldn't surprise me that their thinking carries over to stuff like this as well.

When we first started talking about the group buy, a 6061 billet lower was hard to find at $120 - or even double that.  Once CMT stepped in, some of the demand had eased, but a 7075 billet lower at $120 is still an insanely good price. 

There are some people who you just can't make happy.  Their loss.

• Like 2

Many people in this day and age have no couth.

Placed my order this morning.  :woohoo:  

One thing I've been hoping for was that the lower was going to come with CMT's cool looking three "grooves" on the front of the mag well.   It appears based on the pictures that we're going to get a non-groove look.

Does anyone know for sure?   

One thing I've been hoping for was that the lower was going to come with CMT's cool looking three "grooves" on the front of the mag well.   It appears based on the pictures that we're going to get a non-groove look.

Does anyone know for sure?   

I've been assuming since all of their lowers appear to have those, these would as well. Hope that's the case.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1