TGO Lowers - Santa Claus is coming!

MacGyver

yup, picked mine up today, ran in to OH Shoot while I was there.

I would post pictures but they are the same as others currently and my camera isn't that good.

Now to start my planning.  I figure I will have to pay for Christmas before I start, I am about to be hit with Christmas and auto insurance back to back.

I hope he had his Geritol this morning. He's crabby without it :)

Made it to D&T today to pick mine up. I was out of town all week and it was killing me not to be able to get everything picked up.

Thanks again to all involved for making this happen. The folks at D&T were nice to deal with.

I think it would be cool to give everyone a few months to get their builds done then get together as many as possible for a group pic... Maybe a nice early spring shoot...

Mark

I picked mine up from Guns & Leather. The upper and BCG were shipped together with the lower. Great bunch of folks there. went ahead and picked up a dark earth butt stock kit from G&L while I was there.  Why didn't anyone remind me to pick up a lower parts kit as well?  Is there a place to obtain a burnt earth parts kit? Thanks again CMT, MacGyver, and Guns & Leather for making this work!

Edited by Armed Aviator

I picked mine up from Guns & Leather. The upper and BCG were shipped together with the lower. Great bunch of folks there. went ahead and picked up a dark earth butt stock kit from G&L while I was there. Why didn't anyone remind me to pick up a lower parts kit as well? Is there a place to obtain a burnt earth parts kit? Thanks again CMT, MacGyver, and Guns & Leather for making this work!

Yes, nice meeting you there.

What do you mean by "parts kit"?

Cool I missed both, thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I missed them both as well. The only way I found out was another member PM'd me about helping/teaching him how to build his and said that he was headed to pick his up. Like you, I was waiting for an email or PM.

No, that part is wrong.

It's perfectly legal to buy me a firearm as a gift (assuming technically I did not give you the money for it, and  I am not prohibited from owning firearms) and you do the 4473 in your name. You are still to check that YOU are the actual purchaser of the firearm on question 11a. This is not a "straw purchase:", and indeed is an actual example given in the instructions on the 4473 itself.

What rifle am I getting, btw? ;)

- OS

Well i'll give you a hint, I was at Outpost a few minutes ago..... I guess I should also mention that I had no money with me  :rofl:

Well I guess you learn something new everyday, I actually heard that conversation going on at one of our LGS  several months back in which a woman was wanting them to help her pick out and purchase a rifle for her to give her husband for his birthday. The gentleman told her that if it was for the husband then he would have to come in for the background check before they would release the rifle. Sooo what you're saying is that they lost a sale by requiring that when they legally could have sold it to her.. I think it would pay off for the FFL to do some reading huh.

Well i'll give you a hint, I was at Outpost a few minutes ago..... I guess I should also mention that I had no money with me  :rofl:

Well I guess you learn something new everyday, I actually heard that conversation going on at one of our LGS  several months back in which a woman was wanting them to help her pick out and purchase a rifle for her to give her husband for his birthday. The gentleman told her that if it was for the husband then he would have to come in for the background check before they would release the rifle. Sooo what you're saying is that they lost a sale by requiring that when they legally could have sold it to her.. I think it would pay off for the FFL to do some reading huh.

Yes, they could start by reading the directions on the 4473 itself .. there are three pages of them after the parts that are filled out. They would learn therein as far as legality of answering question 11a, that:

"ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER EXAMPLES:

Mr. Smith asks Mr. Jones to purchase a firearm for Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith gives Mr. Jones the money for the firearm. Mr. Jones is NOT THE ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER of the firearm and must answer “NO” to question 11.a. The licensee may not transfer the firearm to Mr. Jones. However, if Mr. Brown goes to buy a firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black as a present, Mr. Brown is the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm and should answer “YES” to question 11.a."

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Yes, they could start by reading the directions on the 4473 itself .. there are three pages of them after the parts that are filled out. They would learn therein as far as legality of answering question 11a, that:

"ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER EXAMPLES:

Mr. Smith asks Mr. Jones to purchase a firearm for Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith gives Mr. Jones the money for the firearm. Mr. Jones is NOT THE ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER of the firearm and must answer “NO” to question 11.a. The licensee may not transfer the firearm to Mr. Jones. However, if Mr. Brown goes to buy a firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black as a present, Mr. Brown is the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm and should answer “YES” to question 11.a."

- OS

Well I think I need to go make friends with Mr. Brown.
  • Like 1
Guest Keal G Seo
Just picked mine up from SIR. Nice fellas there. It is a beauty. One question though, what is the adjustment screw on the bottom at the rear next to the grip screw hole? Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Just picked mine up from SIR. Nice fellas there. It is a beauty. One question though, what is the adjustment screw on the bottom at the rear next to the grip screw hole? Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

To get rid of annoying upper/lower receiver play.  If yours rattles when closed turn that screw just enough until it stops.

Edited by Garufa
Guest Keal G Seo
Ok thanks guys. That will probably come in handy since I couldn't get the matching upper this time around. And a special thanks to those that put this together. Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2 Edited by Keal G Seo

Mine was tight, a little too tight. Probably won't have to use it with a CMT upper receiver.

My CMT upper has the very slightest, I mean barely noticable, play with the lower.  Don't know if it's worth pulling the grip off to fool with trying to adjust it. 

My CMT upper has the very slightest, I mean barely noticable, play with the lower.  Don't know if it's worth pulling the grip off to fool with trying to adjust it. 

Mine has a small rattle as well.   I pulled my grip and adjusted the screw.   I snugged up the screw and it reduced the play but I ended up having to back off the screw slightly in order to allow the rear pin to push out under normal pressure.   I kept playing with it until I found a compromise with the pin but some of the rattle returned.   Most of my play appears to be coming from a side to side clearance on the front pivot pin area,  therefore the adjustment screw didn't end up helping as much as I had hoped. 

mine does too, a little disappointing...

Yea I know what you mean but overall I'm still happy.    My other AR that I'll have less money in is quieter though.