My best friend is getting married...

The title says it all. My best friend since the 2nd grade is getting married in Lenoir City in March. When trying to come up with a great gift I thought about getting a custom made folder for him. Does anyone know of a knife maker that would potentially engrave his name on it?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The title says it all. My best friend since the 2nd grade is getting married in Lenoir City in March. When trying to come up with a great gift I thought about getting a custom made folder for him. Does anyone know of a knife maker that would potentially engrave his name on it?

Thanks in advance.

Seems most custom makers of any note have longer turn around time than that, Erik.

Maybe just get him a nice production model you think he'd like and have it engraved? Some of the online knife vendors offer engraving, or could always have it done by local jeweler or trophy place or something?

- OS

I agree with Oh Shoot on this one Erik,

You will have better luck getting him a production knife and getting it engraved as any decent custom knife will have a wait unless you pay a serious amount of money to jump up in the line Edited by willis68

I agree with what Steve and Mac have said.  From what I have seen, most of the top notch custom guys have waiting lists > 1 yr.  The $200 - 300 price range pretty much eliminates most of them.  This may not be an option, due to your price range, but I will throw it out there anyway.  You could probably get a custom engraved Sebenza in your time frame.  Unfortunately, the price is quite a bit more, but it is nothing compared to the top custom guys, and you would have arguably one of the finest production knives available on the market.

If the price range is firm, I like the ZT0801 and ZT0560.  Both are fantastic blades, and the 0801 is a little below your price range.  I have given away a bunch of ZT knives, and they are fantastic blades.

Is a folding knife the only option?  Does your friend like to camp, hunt, etc...?  I only bring this up because I just gave away one of my Chris Reeve Green Berets to my GF's son for his 15th birthday.  It is a fabulous knife that can be had at the top end of your price range.

(edit) - by the way, congratulations to your friend

Edited by mav

What would be on your guys wish list in the $200-300 range?

Zero Tolerance in that price range, however f you want to spend a little more, contact Heather at Chris Reeves knifes. They have been known to give discounts for such rare occasions and will engrave it, most definitely worth a shot anyone certainly would love a Sebenza Edited by willis68