My TGO 300 Blackout AR Pistol Build

I will take a hole that is not cleaned up to save $40. Mine that I actually received is a work of art.

Myself, I don't care if that hole is boogered up, I need one of those on my 7.5" pistol. I'm gonna see this evening if I'd be able to access the set screw adjustment with the rail on, if so I'll have one as well. Thanks for the tip

I will take a hole that is not cleaned up to save $40. Mine that I actually received is a work of art.

Myself, I don't care if that hole is boogered up, I need one of those on my 7.5" pistol. I'm gonna see this evening if I'd be able to access the set screw adjustment with the rail on, if so I'll have one as well. Thanks for the tip

I wasn't meaning that one shouldn't order it because of that, heck i'll be in the market for an adjustable block for my .223 AR as soon as the Grendel is finished and this on is definitely in the runnings. I just found it funny that out of all of them that they produce that are likely perfect, this was the one that was on top of the pile when it came time to take a stock photo.

What I have done so far.

CMT Upper and Lower Receiver

MAS Defense Pistol Tube w/ Phase 5 Foam Tube

Ironworks Tactical LPK

Noveske QD End Plate

ALG ACT Trigger - This thing is great for a slightly upgraded stock trigger.
Seekins Bolt Catch and Magazine Release Button

BAD-ASS Ambi Safety Selector 

Custom (300 BLACKOUT) Ejection Port Cover

Custom Stippled Umbrella Corp Grip 23 - Awesome for a pistol build. 

Still looking for KNS pins and a Norgon Ambi-Catch Magazine Release.

y036.jpg

muaf.jpg

• Like 1

MAS Defense Pistol Tube w/ Phase 5 Foam Tube

Noveske QD End Plate

So that pistol tube was able to still reach the buffer retaining pin using the end plate?

Meaning, aren't they sized to be screwed in all the way to just catch it, without plate width? And if it sizes to it now, seems it would have been too long without it?

Looking great.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1079156" timestamp="1387071162"]So that pistol tube was able to still reach the buffer retaining pin using the end plate? Meaning, aren't they sized to be screwed in all the way to just catch it, without plate width? And if it sizes to it now, seems it would have been too long without it? Looking great. - OS[/quote] Yep, it's in exactly how it's supposed to be. Without the end plate, not sure how the takedown pin spring and detent would stay in place. The end plate is a must.
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1079156" timestamp="1387071162"]So that pistol tube was able to still reach the buffer retaining pin using the end plate? Meaning, aren't they sized to be screwed in all the way to just catch it, without plate width? And if it sizes to it now, seems it would have been too long without it? Looking great. - OS[/quote] Yeah, they are designed to use an end plate. Just no castle nut

Yep, it's in exactly how it's supposed to be. Without the end plate, not sure how the takedown pin spring and detent would stay in place. The end plate is a must.

I'm talking about the buffer retaining pin in base of buffer thread area, that holds the buffer back when you open the AR. Screwed in flush with the end plate, the length is just right for that?

Meaning I thought a lot of pistol buffer tubes used their own rim to hold the takedown spring/detente?

- OS

edit: never mind, thanks LJ. I see looking at pix sampling now that most are indeed designed to allow for the plate.

Edited by Oh Shoot

As per above post, guess was thinking about that I might change to a rifle length tube on mine, which indeed will not hold the plate as it comes up too short to reach buffer retaining pin.

Folks who do that generally either thread the takedown pin channel and use set screw, or even simpler, just use a KNS push pin, eliminating need for the spring/detente altogether.

- OS

Yeah, I forgot to order them when I ordered the other parts. I was hoping to find some local, so I could install them right away. I found some.

They have them in stock at Outpost, I didn't catch the price though.

Right after I clicked "post" I read the last of your post stating that you found a set. Guess I should read the whole post next time.

Edited by Luke E.
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...