Alright, which one of you is this?

reed1285

I once had a nest at the front step.  I set the shop-vac hose at the entrance and let it run for about 8 hours.  It was hilarious watching theme return to the nest and try to avoid the suction.  They are too stupid to give up. 

Periodically, I would add a sparing amount of Raid hornet killer to the mix.  Ended up with about a half-gallon of the little SOBs.

• Like 1

Agree. Fire only burns up the gasoline. Takes a bunch of the little bast***s with it, but not as effective as just soaking in gasoline a couple of times and letting the fumes kill the entire nest. 

And by the way, how many yellow jacket threads did we have this year on TGO? Couple dozen bee slayers on this site.

Edited by Good_Steward
Guest razorblade

Many years ago my Dad used the gas and matches trick on a snake hole he found in his yard.  He went back in the house and had no power or cable.  Turns out he burned his underground utilities in the process.  Still laugh when I think about it at least twenty-five to thirty years later.

Edited by razorblade

He won't have to worry about being a better gardener.... that much gasoline will certainly kill all the nearby plants. 

This past sunday we were walking down a nice trail around a lake when I happened to see a little boy yellow jacket getting busy with a great big girl yellow jacket.  While their union was ultimately unsuccessful, they enjoyed their last moments.  :)

He won't have to worry about being a better gardener.... that much gasoline will certainly kill all the nearby plants. 

This past sunday we were walking down a nice trail around a lake when I happened to see a little boy yellow jacket getting busy with a great big girl yellow jacket.  While their union was ultimately unsuccessful, they enjoyed their last moments.  :)

Good job! Have to take them out when you get the chance, and you ultimately destroyed thousands in not giving them the chance to bear their little hell spawn fruit. And some people are worried about zombies.

I just wait until after dark and pour some gas down their hole, about a cup full. I checked the hole the next day and found no activity. I stomped a walnut down in the hole for to plug it off for good measure.

I have noticed a lot more yellow jackets around my property this year. I found a nest in the end of a log while weedeating, they got me 6 times. 

Edited by McGarrett