I want to move to Tennessee

Guest Augustus

No its not dry. They have beer sales, no bars anymore, no liquor, but Madison to the north and Hendereson county to its west both do. Its pretty nice little place, mostly run by Freed Hardmen College though.Its a christian school. Schools are good.

I live just outside of Chester Co. my wifes parents live there. County taxes not to bad, auto tags run about 100 bucks a yr., one gun store. Yes I have lived around here most of my life. What else would you like to know?

edited to add: bring that new Henry rifle and come on down.

Edited by Sidinman
Back in the late 90's I used to skydive at West Tennessee Skydiving near Somerville which looks like just down the road from Henderson, the area is not very populated which I like. Like I said, alot of cotton and flat. If you move to Henderson you're not too far from Memphis, the best thing about Memphis is a big sign halfway across the Mississippi river that says Welcome To Arkansas. :)
Lived in Henderson for 4 years while going to school there. It is a pretty small tight knit community. During the regular school terms it is a pretty lively but It gets pretty dead during winter and summer breaks. Chickasaw state park is close by. Also has a very nice golf course. If you have a y specific questions feel free to ask!

There used to be an Elks Lodge there. I was a member. Dirt cheap drinks, open 7 days a week. Jackson is a short haul from there, with lots of liquor stores

There's an Elks lodge here, but I don't think I could convince Mrs. enfield to drop me off and pick me up.   And then there's the whole concealed carry thing . . . .

Edited by enfield

There's an Elks lodge here, but I don't think I could convince Mrs. enfield to drop me off and pick me up.  Of course, if it wasn't for the American Legion violating its charter, she could drop me off and pick me up there.  But that wouldn't work either, Mrs. enfield being who she is.  And then there's the whole concealed carry thing . . . .

I'd be happy with a liquor store in the county since I don't drink in public, not even beer.

Yep. I don't go to bars much either anymore. Point was, they sell whiskey on Sunday. Gimme 8 shots to go. :) Jackson is close... 12-15 miles from the middle of Henderson to a liquor store, I'm guessing. 

Yep. I don't go to bars much either anymore. Point was, they sell whiskey on Sunday. Gimme 8 shots to go. :) Jackson is close... 12-15 miles from the middle of Henderson to a liquor store, I'm guessing. 

Yep liquor store about 6 miles from county line, which is about 4 or 5 miles from center of town. As for the dry part I guess I forgot that, that meant liquor, I do remember when all we had were shush (bootleggers) but that seems so long ago. Yes the Elks Lodge is still there, forgot about it also. Heck did I say I was old.

Three sure signs of getting old;

First thing is, you forget stuff.

Heck,

I can't remember the other two.

Guest TresOsos

Is a frog's ass watertight? :)

I don't know...is it.

Don't get me wrong, I have an occasional beer and a occasional drink...bourbon prefered.

But I don't make live altering decisions based on the availability of booze.

Anywhere in TN is better than Colorado at the moment (except Memphis, we're contemplating rezoning that city to Arkansas)

Many years ago an east TN politician who fancied east Tn better than west TN managed to insult lots of people with this quote: "Tennessee could give Shelby county to Arkansas and raise the IQ of both states." I'll resist any editorializing at this point.
  • Like 1