Intratech TEC9

itw69fxst

I have owned in the past, an Intratech .22 which was a decent little toy to play with.

I was looking at the Tec 9 but would like to hear what you have to say about them.

If you do not like the Tec 9, what would you recommend as an alternative?

I want the threaded barrel so the can that I buy will work on it.

I am all about reliability, I will not own a firearm that is questionable.

I appreciate your advice on this matter. :hat:

All I can ya is if you illegally mod it to be full auto and have a untaxed suppressor.............don't engrave your name and phone number all over it!

I don't think they are all that reliable since they are more a range toy than a "go to" gun.

The Tec-9 is probably the only gun I ever regret buying. It was the most unreliable firearm of any type I've ever owned. It would not fire more than three rounds without some sort of jam. As a similar gun I have heard decent reviews of the Master Piece Arms firearms. And if you have any issues, they are still in business to take care of them.

All I can ya is if you illegally mod it to be full auto and have a untaxed suppressor.............don't engrave your name and phone number all over it!

I don't think they are all that reliable since they are more a range toy than a "go to" gun

thanks for the info - I figured they were toys but was hoping I was wrong.....

The Tec-9 is probably the only gun I ever regret buying. It was the most unreliable firearm of any type I've ever owned. It would not fire more than three rounds without some sort of jam. As a similar gun I have heard decent reviews of the Master Piece Arms firearms. And if you have any issues, they are still in business to take care of them.

understood, thank you for the intel - I guess I will just have to buy an Uzi

Semper Fi

Edited by itw69fxst
They are neat, look cool and go bang. I guess it would help to know what for you want it? If its just a range toy then go for it, anything else and I'd have to recommend looking elsewhere.

Remember, as cool as they are, a Glock 17/19 can do pretty much the same thing and has actual practice uses as well. If you just want to mag dump 30+ rounds grab a Glock and a fun stick. If you want to look super cool doing it, the Tec9 is a good choice. My buddy calls his his duck gun cause when he pulls it out, people start ducking.

Once I get in the market for a 9mm "duck gun" of my own, I will probably pick up a masterpiece arms mac10 clone/copy.

They are neat, look cool and go bang. I guess it would help to know what for you want it? If its just a range toy then go for it, anything else and I'd have to recommend looking elsewhere.

Remember, as cool as they are, a Glock 17/19 can do pretty much the same thing and has actual practice uses as well. If you just want to mag dump 30+ rounds grab a Glock and a fun stick. If you want to look super cool doing it, the Tec9 is a good choice. My buddy calls his his duck gun cause when he pulls it out, people start ducking.

Once I get in the market for a 9mm "duck gun" of my own, I will probably pick up a masterpiece arms mac10 clone/copy.

LOL - duck gun...heh heh - I can see why - I am a firm believer in any gun that I own must be reliable. Even if it is a smaller caliber, it has to work when it should. This tec9 is falling into the "I dont want it" category. Thanks for your info

If you're wanting a pistol in that style, take a look at the AP9. I know someone who has one and I've fired it quite a bit. It hasn't jammed as far as I can remember. Admittedly, it has been years since I've fired it.

They aren't manufactured anymore, but there are probably some still floating around. Try to find a pre-'94. It will have the barrel shroud.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AP-9
  • Like 1

I had a Tec 9 about 7 or 8 years ago or so and went as far as drilling and tapping for a small rail for the reddot. It was a fun toy. For the most part, it worked though it did choke pending on the ammo used. It liked the +p stuff for reliability but didn't like any type of SD hollow point ammo. I wasn't good for much other than a great conversation piece at the range.

The AP9 I had was a much better pistol then the Tec9 was and was more reliable on your basic 115gr stuff. Still nothing more than a range toy.

I ended up selling them both on here a long time ago. They were fun and nostalgic but utterly worthless....

[/URL]">http://[URL=http://s71.photobucket.com/user/zx2loon/media/Norinco018.jpg.html]Norinco018.jpg[/URL]

[/URL]">http://[URL=http://s71.photobucket.com/user/zx2loon/media/Norinco001-1.jpg.html]Norinco001-1.jpg[/URL]

• Like 2