Any other Battlefield junkies here?

reed1285

Guest Keal G Seo

I did not know though....interesting. I have a feeling im going to be in the market for a set of turtle beach x42's here soon though. I had their older version, the x41's, also wireless, with dolby surround. They were an awesome headset. If you ever get the chance to buy/try any of there dolby surround headset's, do it!

Yeah I wish. I've got their 30 dollar set now...they kinda suck but are better than the hard/painful earbud that came with the system. It is a single speaker from like an old walkman but they put a big cup over so it doesn't sit directly on your ear. The air vents are large also and that combination means even with maxed out volume you can barely hear the people you are chatting with.
The headphones I hooked up are Frogz soft budz. There is a trick to getting game audio though, it isn't under Setting>Devices>Audio Devices>Headset and Headphones like you would think, that is just volume control. It is under Settings>Sound and Screen>Audio Output Settings>Output to Headphones and you have to have headphones hooked up to change it...on or off.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Keal G Seo

Yeah I broke down and hooked up my old Dell computer stereo speakers and subwoofer. It is only a 3 pole vs the headsets being 4 pole 3.5mm jacks but works great. Been keeping the neighbors up the past few nights I'm sure. lol

Wife just got me a ps4 for my birthday. Just went out and got battlefield for myself. Have been playing on my friends account. Luckily, I've been bake to bypass some big kinks in the game by waiting! I'll be setting the account up shortly, and online by later tonight! What a wife. :thumbs up:
  • Like 2

[quote name="whitewolf001" post="1096953" timestamp="1390010233"]I got these for free from a friend. When I looked them up I nearly shat myself. [url="http://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Edition-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-63089006306200/dp/B0087OZ5FG"]http://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Edition-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-63089006306200/dp/B0087OZ5FG[/url] 71JaKdVi6RL._SL1500_.jpg[/quote] Now thats a friend lol

Edited by reed1285
  • Like 1

Im screwed when it comes to games. My friends have 360's, Xbox one's and PC's. I have BF3 for the 360 and PC, but I am holding off on the xbox one versions due to having little time to play any of them. As far as the game goes, the PC is much nicer if you have hardware that can run it, but I am not a huge fan of the 64 man servers. The 360 would have been much better if they increased to at around 40 player servers. As for stats, dunno what to say.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Sergei_Dukanov/

Just dont weep when you click on either profile.

Wife just got me a ps4 for my birthday. Just went out and got battlefield for myself. Have been playing on my friends account. Luckily, I've been bake to bypass some big kinks in the game by waiting! I'll be setting the account up shortly, and online by later tonight! What a wife. :thumbs up:

Ditto what Keal G Seo said, tag: shirokenkami  just say that your npgunner off TGO so I know.

Anyone else still having a hard time playing the China Rising pack on 360?

All the maps suck for it. And the constant crashing just is frustrating. On the PC it inst as bad, but I had to reduce my overclock on my cpu.

I play BF4 on PC. Mostly TDM unless I happen to find a Conquest server that isn't so stacked that you lose every control point within five minutes of the round starting.

[quote name="reed1285" post="1098415" timestamp="1390266201"]Anyone else still having a hard time playing the China Rising pack on 360?[/quote] I've played them on PS4 several times with no issues. These seem a little more geared toward vehicle combat, which I like. The Air Superiority mode isn't fun at all though.

Tanks are far too easy to use in BF, the only time I have issues is when the commander spots me so many times that I have 10 rockets coming my way at once. Even then, there is a chance that I will still make it out alive.

Guest Keal G Seo

There are some vehicle-less game modes available for those who can't hang. I prefer the Rush game mode though so there is no escaping my 120mm. Starting to work on choppers a bit but the scout is a heck of time to level considering you only get a fixed position gatling gun to start and it doesn't drop people quite as fast you need it to...basically have to come to a stop/hover to get a kill.

There are some vehicle-less game modes available for those who can't hang. I prefer the Rush game mode though so there is no escaping my 120mm. Starting to work on choppers a bit but the scout is a heck of time to level considering you only get a fixed position gatling gun to start and it doesn't drop people quite as fast you need it to...basically have to come to a stop/hover to get a kill.

If I could get the controller to map properly, I would get the attack chopper up and around in no time. Same thing for the transport. Oddly enough, I always had and have an issue with the scout choppers. But I can make that transport bank in ways that makes people jump out and regret ever leaving my bird. And I hate being called a hacker when I can lead a chopper pretty well and take it out with a 120mm.

Guest Keal G Seo

If I could get the controller to map properly, I would get the attack chopper up and around in no time.

I go with the Vet/legacy set up I think. Accelerate and decelerate triggers, fire L1 and sticks are left for roll and right for pitch and yaw. This works out because I rarely decelerate and if I do I'm not firing but trying to dip behind cover.

I've always wanted to fly a helo IRL but am afraid since my accident I will never get the chance. Anyone know if they have helos with hand controls for the tail rotor? I would think another accelerator like a motorcycle on the main rotor control would work in a fly by wire system.

[quote name="Keal G Seo" post="1098986" timestamp="1390353651"]There are some vehicle-less game modes available for those who can't hang. I prefer the Rush game mode though so there is no escaping my 120mm. Starting to work on choppers a bit but the scout is a heck of time to level considering you only get a fixed position gatling gun to start and it doesn't drop people quite as fast you need it to...basically have to come to a stop/hover to get a kill.[/quote] I loveee the scout heli, i like it better than the attack heli actually. I think im on like service star 12 with it. Use it enough to unlock the 25mm grenade launchers. They are 100x better than the miniguns, especially against infantry.

I go with the Vet/legacy set up I think. Accelerate and decelerate triggers, fire L1 and sticks are left for roll and right for pitch and yaw. This works out because I rarely decelerate and if I do I'm not firing but trying to dip behind cover.

I've always wanted to fly a helo IRL but am afraid since my accident I will never get the chance. Anyone know if they have helos with hand controls for the tail rotor? I would think another accelerator like a motorcycle on the main rotor control would work in a fly by wire system.

I meant on the PC, I can fly the shit out of any bird on the console, just KB/m is my bane. I have a uncle who flies helicopters and my old ROTC colonel used to be a blackhawk pilot. Hell of a guy too.

Guest Keal G Seo

Not sure what the options are if I could set them any way I wanted I'd prolly go with pitch and roll for up/down left/right on the mouse, accel/decell on the mouse wheel and use a couple keys for the yaw. Fire is left button obviously. What are the defaults?

Not sure what the options are if I could set them any way I wanted I'd prolly go with pitch and roll for up/down left/right on the mouse, accel/decell on the mouse wheel and use a couple keys for the yaw. Fire is left button obviously. What are the defaults?

I use a 360 controller on my pc. Land vehicles are easy to adjust to, but the controller key binding for the pc is messed up at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
Im liking the Second Assault pack. Im premium so i got the download for free yesterday. It brings back the maps Operation Firestorm, Metro, Kharg Island, Caspian Border, and my favorite Gulf of Oman. A cool touch on Gulf of Oman (i like it anyway) is halfway through the match a huge sandstorm blows in and it makes it a lot harder to acquire targets and especially locking on to heli's and jets with stingers. Metro is for the most part unchanged, just a few little details here and there. I havent played any of the others yet. Im finally about to reach the rank cap of 110. Im at 96 now. Once you hit about 70-80 they start coming slowwww!