6.5 Grendel build (assembly)

Well my dog doesn't like her house and it's just goin to waste so you're welcome to it  :rofl:. But in all seriousness, We've got a spare room you can use if you change your mind and need a place to hide out... Only catch is that you can't mention what I spent today or we'll be flipping a coin for that spare room!

Thanks! I may have to "hide out" on Monday... I got the email today that my M1 will be delivered then. When I show up begging for the doghouse or spare room, I promise not to mention anything about your purchases. "AR build... what AR build?" :)

Thanks! I may have to "hide out" on Monday... I got the email today that my M1 will be delivered then. When I show up begging for the doghouse or spare room, I promise not to mention anything about your purchases. "AR build... what AR build?" :)

:up:

yea, balancing act.. was thinking about splitting the difference and going with 22".. I know I'll rarely if ever shoot 1000 yds, so maybe 20" would be better.. ugh decisions..

Alexander Arms factory ammo: 123 grain Lapua Scenar (you can get these velocities with 2520 powder)

24" Barrel   Muzzle velocity: 2620   Velocity @ 1000 yards: 1300

19,5" Barrel   Muzzle velocity: 2565   Velocity @ 1000 yards: 1270

May not be worth adding pounds to the gun. I wouldn't go below 20 though.

By the time you do some load dinking for accuracy, you may not still be supersonic. The bright side is that there will be less barrel whip with a 20, so it probably won't require as much load dinking to begin with. Barrel length doesn't add accuracy. It just adds velocity, with possibly a slight hit to accuracy.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

Alexander Arms factory ammo: 123 grain Lapua Scenar (you can get these velocities with 2520 powder)

24" Barrel   Muzzle velocity: 2620   Velocity @ 1000 yards: 1300

19,5" Barrel   Muzzle velocity: 2565   Velocity @ 1000 yards: 1270

May not be worth adding pounds to the gun. I wouldn't go below 20 though.

By the time you do some load dinking for accuracy, you may not still be supersonic. The bright side is that there will be less barrel whip with a 20, so it probably won't require as much load dinking to begin with. Barrel length doesn't add accuracy. It just adds velocity, with possibly a slight hit to accuracy.

Thanks Mike!

I'm glad you got that one! It's on my very very short list so I'll be looking for a review.

It's gonna be great. I already read a bunch of reviews. There are a bunch of high power side focus scopes out there that will hold up, and let you hit long range targets reliably. I have two already. This one just has a great feature set, especially for the money. Some prefer MRAD ranging, but I'm fine with MOA.

It's gonna be great. I already read a bunch of reviews. There are a bunch of high power side focus scopes out there that will hold up, and let you hit long range targets reliably. I have two already. This one just has a great feature set, especially for the money. Some prefer MRAD ranging, but I'm fine with MOA.

I hope so.. My main criteria is that it be a 1st foclal plane scope. I know that there are great scopes that are not and there are probably some bad ones that are but I want a great one that IS. I really haven't taken any time to read up on MRAD ranging so I won't really know what i'm missing... Ignorance is sometimes bliss I guess.

I received a package in the mail from Midway,

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Grendelbrassandbullets.jpg.html]Grendelbrassandbullets.jpg[/URL]

I went in to buy my wife a carry gun today and ended up buying an EOtech as well so that just put the build behind just a hair more but I got it below dealer cost so I couldn't pass it up. I'd never seen a used one for this price!

I hope I used the right link

MRAD is just Mil dot ranging. If you cut your teeth on it, like Dolomite, you would probably want that instead of MOA. They're just different units. The only problem with the Vortex is a small cut in the field of view at the lowest powers

Gotcha. I just didn't know it by MRAD. I've got a mil dot scope on my .243 but i'm not completely proficient with it.

I received a package in the mail from Midway,

Grendelbrassandbullets.jpg

I went in to buy my wife a carry gun today and ended up buying an EOtech as well so that just put the build behind just a hair more but I got it below dealer cost so I couldn't pass it up. I'd never seen a used one for this price!

I hope I used the right link

That looks familiar  :up:

ah, so YOU'RE the one that got the last of the Brass! :rofl:

Are they sold out already? I need to order a few mags and a few other "small" items and had decided that I was going to order another batch or two when I did. They had Hornady on clearance when I picked this up so if you're wanting to go ahead and order some you might check that. Just note that the hornady clearance price looks unbelievably low and that is for good reason... They are sold in lots of 50 cases rather than 100 like the Lapua as well as the cases I bought that Lapua makes for AA.

Don't worry about it. There's some brass right on the other side of the creek :)

If you are talking about the Reloaders Bench, they were sold out when I checked the day after you were there for the powder.

Are they sold out already? I need to order a few mags and a few other "small" items and had decided that I was going to order another batch or two when I did. They had Hornady on clearance when I picked this up so if you're wanting to go ahead and order some you might check that. Just note that the hornady clearance price looks unbelievably low and that is for good reason... They are sold in lots of 50 cases rather than 100 like the Lapua as well as the cases I bought that Lapua makes for AA.

If you are talking about the Reloaders Bench, they were sold out when I checked the day after you were there for the powder.

Nope. I'm talking about the creek between my house and his. Actually, it's more than a creek, but he knew what I meant :)

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

Nope. I'm talking about the creek between my house and his. Actually, it's more than a creek, but he knew what I meant :)

Hey it's awful cold to be swimming but i'm finding out that it may very well be easier and quicker to make the swim in this cold than it is to try and track Grendel stuff down any other way. 

• Like 1