6.5 Grendel build (assembly)

The guys are liking Cfe 223 as well. 842 is probably a good un too. I have lots of that

I've seen cfe223 being talked about but the 2025 seems to have a bit of an edge on it. I've got enough 842 to last a very long time loading precision ammo but would kinda like to build up some data using known powders first. Seems to be a small window between min and max in Grendel load data.

I've seen cfe223 being talked about but the 2025 seems to have a bit of an edge on it. I've got enough 842 to last a very long time loading precision ammo but would kinda like to build up some data using known powders first. Seems to be a small window between min and max in Grendel load data.

There's a small window in AA's load data. Look at Accurate Powder's data. I can slip you a pound of this 2520. Note that their pressure tested max is a full grain less than the AA max with a 123 Scenar. Also note that the accurate data was developed with a 20" barrel. Bill Alexander has admitted that his max could break a bolt. Stick with the pressure tested data from Accurate, and plan on winding up around 50fps or more below the AA factory ammo. They're using canister power. You can get the same velocity with 2520, but with excessive pressure.

Edited by mikegideon

There's a small window in AA's load data. Look at Accurate Powder's data. I can slip you a pound of this 2520. Note that their pressure tested max is a full grain less than the AA max with a 123 Scenar. Also note that the accurate data was developed with a 20" barrel. Bill Alexander has admitted that his max could break a bolt. Stick with the pressure tested data from Accurate, and plan on winding up around 50fps or more below the AA factory ammo. They're using canister power. You can get the same velocity with 2520, but with excessive pressure.

I appreciate the offer and will likely take you up on it if I have no luck by the time I start NEEDING it but i'm trying to call around to all the local spots every week to see if they may have received any Accurate shipments. I stopped by A&H reloading this afternoon because I went to pick up my mother from the airport but the flight was delayed so I had time to kill. They had every Accurate powder except 2520. They did have a whole bin of Hornady Grendel brass for $30 per 50 and if I remember correctly it was primed so if anyone else following this thread needs any, there you go.

I have been turning over every leaf trying to find a Grendel case for my Hornady OAL gauge. Everybody is out of stock, and quoting months for a backorder. Scored one today at my secret reloading place. Grabbed some more 123 gr Scenars while I was at it. Load development ain't gonna be super easy for this caliber.

I have been turning over every leaf trying to find a Grendel case for my Hornady OAL gauge. Everybody is out of stock, and quoting months for a backorder. Scored one today at my secret reloading place. Grabbed some more 123 gr Scenars while I was at it. Load development ain't gonna be super easy for this caliber.

Glad you posted this, I have been looking anywhere I go or site I look at and would have bought two. Any chance there was another behind where your's came from?

Glad you posted this, I have been looking anywhere I go or site I look at and would have bought two. Any chance there was another behind where your's came from?

http://www.gunstop.com/Store/Reloading%20Accessories/Hornady%C2%AE-Mfg/HORA65G

Note that they have a minimum. Get you some bullets or something. I hope I'm not bragging over a backorder. I don't think they put it up there unless they have it. These are the guys that sold me my Forster press when nobody else in the US had one.

http://www.gunstop.com/Store/Reloading%20Accessories/Hornady%C2%AE-Mfg/HORA65G

Note that they have a minimum. Get you some bullets or something. I hope I'm not bragging over a backorder. I don't think they put it up there unless they have it. These are the guys that sold me my Forster press when nobody else in the US had one.

I wait and call Friday because I don't wanna tie up money on backordering this that I can be buying other parts with now.

I wait and call Friday because I don't wanna tie up money on backordering this that I can be buying other parts with now.

It's 6 bucks. About what it would cost to drive here and measure your chamber. I missed it that you were looking for one, or I would have just ordered 2. Just bear in mind that you ain't the only one looking. If somebody does a google search, they're likely to find my post with the link.

It's 6 bucks. About what it would cost to drive here and measure your chamber. I missed it that you were looking for one, or I would have just ordered 2. Just bear in mind that you ain't the only one looking. If somebody does a google search, they're likely to find my post with the link.

I'm not sweating the $6 but spending another $40 on bullets that I could pick up around here tomorrow just to meet the minimum order makes me want to wait. 

Something else I've been thinking about is a concentricity gauge like the one Hornady makes. Have you got one or have any experience with one? Curious if it would be a worthwhile investment if looking to shoot long range.

I'm not sweating the $6 but spending another $40 on bullets that I could pick up around here tomorrow just to meet the minimum order makes me want to wait. 

Something else I've been thinking about is a concentricity gauge like the one Hornady makes. Have you got one or have any experience with one? Curious if it would be a worthwhile investment if looking to shoot long range.

Get the Sinclair. That's the one I have. I think they're worthwhile, but I'm pretty anal when I'm trying to load real accurate stuff. One of the tricks for low runout is to simply stick with Lapua brass

http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloading-equipment/measuring-tools/concentricity-gauges/sinclair-concentricity-gauge-prod37479.aspx

http://www.accurateshooter.com/technical-articles/reloading/how-to-load-more-concentric-ammo/

Edited by mikegideon

What was shipping cost?

Is it supposed to be better than the Hornady or just you have one and know for a fact it works and feel good recommending it? I do like that it can be purchased without the dial indicator because I already own several. 

• 2 weeks later...