White males have unfair advantages

We have a target on our backs?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/31/pentagon-training-manual-white-males-have-unfair-advantages/

A controversial 600-plus page manual used by the military to train its Equal Opportunity officers teaches that "healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian" men hold an unfair advantage over other races, and warns in great detail about a so-called "White Male Club."

“Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege,” reads a statement in the manual created by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI).

“Whites are the empowered group,” the manual declares. “White males represent the haves as compared to the have-nots.”

The military document advises personnel to “assume racism is everywhere, every day” and “notice code words for race.” They are also instructed to “understand and learn from the history of whiteness and racism.”

“Assume racism is everywhere, everyday,” read a statement in a section titled, ‘How to be a strong 'white ally.'"

“One of the privileges of being white is not having to see or deal with racism all the time,” the manual states. “We have to learn to see the effect that racism has.”

This is what is taught today in our Armed Forces.

Edited by RED333

We have a target on our backs?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/31/pentagon-training-manual-white-males-have-unfair-advantages/

A controversial 600-plus page manual used by the military to train its Equal Opportunity officers teaches that "healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian" men hold an unfair advantage over other races, and warns in great detail about a so-called "White Male Club."

I would have a problem with it if they were actually wrong, the problem is they are not.  From a sociological perspective white males have a distinct  advantage in our society.  There is tons of empirical evidence supporting that conclusion. 

My personal empirical evidence differs.  Just saying. Being Christian in the workplace cost me greatly. Not sure about white, or male, but it didn't help. And I am not particularly "evangelical", just held firm to my convictions.

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 2

I didn't need the military to pound it into me that I was something special. Like Chuck I had a father that pounded it into me that I was not any better than anyone else and we all put our pants on the same way and if I was going to succeed in this world I was going to have to work hard to get it because no one was going to give me anything without wanting my SOUL in return. So what little I have I did work for and no one gave me anything I didn't earn and I still have my SOUL...............jmho

• Like 3

Deja Moo ("I've heard this bull**** before")

White?  You're a racist.  Male?  You're a sexist pig.  Stereotypes are only bad when applied to minorities, cults, or females.  Equal opportunity means giving the job to someone who isn't qualified.

I've had it with the whining.  Either you can cut it or you can't, but quit crying that it's my fault.  Next one to get in my face with that crap is liable to get their feelings hurt.

5818861123_01a37570f4_zps9d824e9c.jpg

• Like 5

How did the commies take our country so quickly that we didn't even have a clue to it happening?

It didn't happen quickly. The politicians started giving you the weiner inch by inch years ago. You got accustomed to it while hoping that it would stop, because you happened to like your politician. Now some big chocolate guy and his prison mates are ramming with no lube.

Yes, it's disgusting, but so is what both parties are doing to us.
  • Like 4
Guest ThePunisher

It didn't happen quickly. The politicians started giving you the weiner inch by inch years ago. You got accustomed to it while hoping that it would stop, because you happened to like your politician. Now some big chocolate guy and his prison mates are ramming with no lube.
Yes, it's disgusting, but so is what both parties are doing to us.

But we can still keep our healthcare plan and our doctor if we want to. Obama said we could.
Guest TresOsos

How did the commies take our country so quickly that we didn't even have a clue to it happening?

Sorry, but it didn't happen quickly, it has been happening for 100 + years.

It's just now that most people have been conditioned to accept it, its seems to be accelerating.

I wouldn't call them commies, I'd call them Progressives.

I follow Christ, am highly educated, well-spoken, and successful. I also happen to be nonwhite.

Have I been the victim of racism by my white counterparts? YES! Is it unjustified? YES!

Granted, there are minorities, who are uneducated, unsuccessful, and continue to play the race card because they feel entitled to certain benefits without putting in due diligence. Like someone above said, you have to take advantage of the opportunities presented to you yourself.

Racism, however, is very real. It is not as black and white as some may think. Even minorities who do the right thing are treated as second-class citizens because they are not white. I've been passed over by less educated, less professional, and less fruitful whites. I've been ridiculed, denied service, and even attacked because I am not white. Now, I don't cry about it because I belong to the Lord and He blesses me in ways He sees fit. I would be remiss to turn a blind eye to racism because it exists and cannot be ignored. Whether people want to acknowledge it or not, whites do have an advantage over minorities.

• Like 1

It didn't happen quickly. The politicians started giving you the weiner inch by inch years ago. ..

FDR was first to recognize importance of not letting a crisis go to waste, long before Rahm Deadfish reiterated it.

Most every liberal New Deal has proven over time to be a Bad Deal.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

"Whether people want to acknowledge it or not, whites do have an advantage over minorities."

Applied for any universities, federal jobs, or jobs with companies that deal with the govt?  The exact opposite is true.

Pole Position, I've had to deal with stupid people too.

And then I had the pleasure of dealing with institutionalized stupidity.  I personally don't care if you're black, brown, green, or yellow (now, I really hate reds).  But to slack off, not do your assigned duties, screw over your mates, go awol for the weekend and get away with it because you pull the race card...

To be perfectly honest, the most racist people I have ever met were asian, followed very closely by blacks.  Yeah, I've met a (very) few racist whites, but like I said, dealing with stupid people is a cross we all have to bear.  A racist white will get corrected in a skinny minute.  A racist minority is encouraged.  And the white male gets blamed for all of it.

I'm just as tired of that burden as you are. 

• Like 2

I'm just as tired of that burden as you are.

You make some valid points.

Now, imagine for a second, as tired as you are of carrying the the burden of "white guilt", and you are assumed to have "white priviledge", consider how it feels to be a productive minority and always carrying the burden for less productive members of your race. This forum is filled daily with ignorant opinions about minorities from people who have little to no interaction with minorities. Their opinions are based on stories from family members, stereotypes and the advertising dollar driven news media.

I'm not saying that lots of minorities don't deserve the rap that they get, but if the only burden than a white man has to be tired of is the the burden of being accussed of being privileged, then I would say that is a good burden to to have.

I've explained before that my extended family covers the entire spectrum of the human race. We have features from the most beautiful blue eyes to the lambs wool hair of Jesus as described in The Bible and we all love one another. That being said, I will always maintain that MLK was correct when he stated that we should be judged by the content of our character.

We know that the demographics of America are changing. In a few decades when people of color are the American majority will you want your decendants treated poorly based upon the perceived injustices that minorities feel were thrust upon them? Perception in most cases is reality. Something to ponder. Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 2

Sorry, but it didn't happen quickly, it has been happening for 100 + years.

It's just now that most people have been conditioned to accept it, its seems to be accelerating.

I wouldn't call them commies, I'd call them Progressives.

Exactly. If you've ever played chess with a skilled player, you often won't see that you've already lost until bam, you're two moves away from checkmate.

I'm sure there's some football analogy for those who are more comfortable with that.

These people have been patient and have undermined things for generations.

• Like 1

Exactly. If you've ever played chess with a skilled player, you often won't see that you've already lost until bam, you're two moves away from checkmate.

I'm sure there's some football analogy for those who are more comfortable with that.

These people have been patient and have undermined things for generations.

It's both parties. It's us (the people) vs them. It pains me to see people fight so hard in support of political machines that don't give a crap about us. The masses are being played against one another for the benefit of a few. It's been going on forever.
  • Like 2
  • Moderators

It's both parties. It's us (the people) vs them. It pains me to see people fight so hard in support of political machines that don't give a crap about us. The masses are being played against one another for the benefit of a few. It's been going on forever.

Republicans are red,
Democrats are blue
Neither one
Gives a fuck
About you!
  • Like 2