Sign in to follow this  
gunrunner32

Rolling Block 22

After some direction pointing from Graycrait, this mystery may have finally been solved and price has been adjusted accordingly. From what was given to me this could be a Hopkins & Allen Number 722. A bit about the model: ".22 cal rimfire, rolling block, thumb operated". A bit about the company: Hopkins and Allen started building falling block rifles around 1887-1914, most commonly seen as the "Junior" model. In late 1890s - early 1900s the number 722 was added to their line up. This is stamped ".22 Long Rifle" on the barrel and "Royal Junior" on the receiver. This has a blued barrel and case hardened receiver. This shoots good and sights are pretty true. Will take $200 for this and open to trades. I know it doesn't go with this rifle, but I have some Federal XM855 that I can include on a trade. Pending the trade would be the amount I add to my end, if the other party is interested. Edited by gunrunner32

Really, I'd like to trade for other firearms, but I'll entertain offers of firearms related items.

I know it doesn't go with this rifle, but I have some Federal XM855 that I can include on a trade. Pending the trade would be the amount I add to my end, if the other party is interested. Edited by gunrunner32

Hmmmm.......

How do you feel about .45lc/.410 single shot pistols?

I have a Super Comanche I'd be interested in trading. I have the box, all paperwork & both chokes. Shoots exceptionally well with cowboy load .45s & .410 slugs or buck. I haven't put any birdshot through it, but from everything I know about the guns, they pattern exceptionally well.

If you have a quick Googly around, you'll find a bit, but not a ton of info on them. It's a cheaply made & cheaply finished pistol, but they are well known (by those who know them well) for being excellent shooters.

Mine has the silver frame & blued barrel.

I'm not desperate to be rid of it, but I do like those little rollers. I've been yearning after the little Remington Number 4 for a while, but they're well out of my price range!