So a couple of months ago I purchased a Ruger mark III 22/45 Lite with a threaded barrel. I am now in the market for a suppressor.

I know I want one that can be disassembled for cleaning. It will spend most of the time on the 22/45 but will occasionally be on a Walther p22 and possibly on my 10/22.

The only "can" I have had any experience with was a Long Range Precision "Ghost" made in Andersonville Tenn. It seemed pretty good to me but, I didn't have anything to compare it to.

So basically I'm just asking for opinions on different brands, models, and styles. Any brand or model I should stay away from? Anything else I should be looking for? I saw a few mentions of "k baffles" while reading other posts...what is the difference?
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colonel j

I bought a YHM 22 Mite for my Ruger SR-22 and my 10/22 Take Down.I started out wantin a "k baffle" system but my Class III dealer talked me out of it and i went with the YHM 22 Mite but while watching youtube vids the k baffle seems to be quieter.I'm sending in my paper work today but just read on here that is go to be a 15 month wait my brother has been getting his class III stuff in 6 to 8 months.

I really like my HA Guardian and I have a Sparrow on the way....one day.  Used the HA on my 22/45 and 15-22 while on R&R.  Fun, fun, fun...

[URL=http://s261.photobucket.com/user/scb9900/media/Guns%20and%20stuff/IMG_0393_zps8911c9a0.jpg.html]IMG_0393_zps8911c9a0.jpg[/URL]

My next can will be one I build.

Here is what my 30 caliber can will look like:

1625suppressorfinalversion_zps4a7c3677.p

It will have a .3", .15" on each side, "expansion" chamber all the way around the inner core. I am hoping that is enough but I guess it has to be because I cannot go any bigger on the outside and do not want to go any smaller in the inside.

Basically all the gasses are supposed to go into the outer shell and get trapped. Should not be a lot left to go down the K baffle core when shooting subsonics. Half the K baffles will be at 60 degrees and some at 45 degrees. And during the build I will test it and hopefully I can eliminate some of the K baffles as well as the length.

I will be using 316SS for everything except the outer tube which will be titanium to try to save a little weight.

I am going to cut grooves in the end caps where the outer tube slides over. Should allow me to prevent gasses from exiting without the need for O rings. Almost like they do for model engines and some 2 stroke engines. But even if I need to use an Oring it is easy to add a high temp one.

Something else that has really intrigued me is sound cancelling like some of the mufflers out there but that would require a lot of research and costs I cannot afford.

That makes sense.

I have an Iconel name plate that was laser cut on my roll cage that still has a drill mark where my buddy tried to drill through it. When it did not even make a mark, he called the place that cut it and they said it was Iconel. He thought it was stainless at first.

The only Ti is the outer tube, at least for now. I have spoke to several people who machine Ti and they said a really sharp tool is mandatory.