Zombie and Night Match--Music City Tactical Shooters

My 1000th post!!

Time for another Zombie Match. November 16th at the our range in Dickson, TN.

This will be a super fun and challenging match. USPSA style rules on reloading and shooting with IDPA scoring.

Zombies targets will get one to the head and infected targets will get three anywhere. Also a lot of steel poppers and head plates.

All skill level shooters are welcome to attend as long as they are safe.

Set-up begins at 7:00am.

New shooters be there by 8:30am for new shooters meeting.

Regular shooters meeting at 8:45am.

Shots down range by 9'ish.

The night match will begin at dusk. Try to be back at the range by 4:00pm.

Almanac says Sunset at 4:38pm and twilight at 5:05pm.

Stages will be up shortly. Here is the first stage description;

SCENARIO: An experiment in Quantum Entanglement has led you to what seems is an alternate universe. Your lab is overrun with the mostly and almost dead. You will need to find  a weapon and  ammo. There is a weapons cabinet across the hall and ammo is stored throughout the lab.

• Like 1

New guy here. Where could I find directions if I wanted to participate and what should I bring?

The link in the OP's sig will take you to their website for directions but as far as what you will need; Pistol of 9mm or greater power, a min. of three extra mags, holster covering the trigger guard(I assume), and 200 rounds for the day shoot and probably a min of 300 for both(I bring extra just in case); if you plan on staying for the night shoot, illumination and cold weather gear; and cold weather gear would be advised for the day shoot, better to have it and not need it should the temperature increase during the day.

The proposed COF for the Zombie Match:  http://www.mctsclub.com/Fall%20Zombie%20Match%202013.pdf

COF can change up to match date.

Competitors for the Night match will need to be at the range by 4PM for a shooter meeting.  All weapon mounted lights will require holster that will fit the weapon.   

3 Divisions:

Handheld

Weapons mounted

Weapons mounted / Laser

Any new, safe shooters who wish to come out and shoot are welcome. We will make you feel welcome and relaxed. This is a big course of fire but it should be new shooter friendly.

Of course, safety is number one but there won't be any rules for reloading(besides stage one)or cover like in an IDPA match. Shoot 'em as you see 'em, stay in bounds, and reload as necessary.

USPSA style rules on reloading and shooting with IDPA scoring. Zombies targets will get one to the head and infected targets will get three anywhere. Also a lot of steel poppers and head plates.

Couple of questions;  The three shots anywhere on an infected, are they scored IDPA or is it considered a kill as long as you have three on paper?   Can we use extended magazines like in the steel matches? 

Tom

Edited by tomthumb_KTM

Two hits in zero or one down for a kill.

SSP/Production--10 round mags, normal equipment placement.

ESP/Limited--up to 140mm mags, race holsters and placement.

CDP/Single stack--

Wheel gunners....if any show up.

Open--again if any show up.

Pistol Caliber Carbines

At the night match all shooters will be required to have a glow stick on their person. I will have some for sale there or you can bring your own.
The Woods Walk part of the range is still needing some work after being washed out, so that stage has been scrubbed. Round count will be around 140 now.
Also adding a par time to the steel stage of 45 seconds.
  • Like 1

At the night match all shooters will be required to have a glow stick on their person. I will have some for sale there or you can bring your own.
The Woods Walk part of the range is still needing some work after being washed out, so that stage has been scrubbed. Round count will be around 140 now.
Also adding a par time to the steel stage of 45 seconds.

How are we ever going to find out if a bear craps in the woods now.

How are we ever going to find out if a bear craps in the woods now.

And does it make a noise? Wait that's a tree.

I love the Woods Walk and that stage but the bay just isn't up for it. Now I am getting disappointed--a night stage there would have been super creepy.

New guy here. Where could I find directions if I wanted to participate and what should I bring?

Website has some good info. Just dig around.
We will find a way to help you participate. Your gun, gun rug or bag and a couple of mags will get you by. You will start from low ready and bag you gun between stages. Store your mags in your pockets. If you have a holster it must be on your strong side. 200 rounds but again you can always limit yourself and still have a great time.