My Local Range ammo gouging ?

Like Gotthegoods said...If this guy is doing this and he is still in business then something is working...and it is only working because people are buying....unless this guy has a lot disposable income he won't sit on those higher prices long before he gets hungry...you should ask him for $6 next time you go in for letting him keep the brass you brought in from Walmart...

They also won't let you shoot wolf or tula steel cased ammo. The guy at the counter stuck a magnet to the tip of one of my bullets and it stuck. He said it's got a steel core, cant shoot it here. My understanding is that said bullets have a Bi-metal jacket, copper over steel. I'm gonna pull one and find out. Hmmm.

Guest TankerHC
One indoor range I used to shoot at had a policy of "Take your brass if you want. Anything forward of the firing line is ours". Another had a different policy. Anything you shoot is ours and you have to clean it up and put it in the bucket.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I've been to ranges all over the us. Some are just plain crazy with pricing and policies that reflect flunking business 101 in high school.
I just saw white box 9 mm 50 rounds for 40 bucks. Saw the same ammo less than 20 miles away for 23.00. We've beaten this horse to death re lgs logic, I wish there was a fair fun standards that would entice folks to participate in good clean shooting versus being frightened off by brass monsters and typical lgs I am holier than thou attitudeS..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Don't know the specifics to this range, but some ranges are still having to deal with the shortage.  They want people to shoot at their range and try to have enough ammo on site for shooters that are actually using the range.  I think this is more of a 'use it here it is cheaper' policy.....not a 'brass' charge.  It sounds like they have very little markup to encourage use of their range.

I think it is definitely a BRASS CHARGE. I see where you're coming from but one thing I do know about many indoor ranges is that they have deals worked out with reman suppliers. The reman company picks up the ranges spent brass and credits them so much per pound and applies that to the ranges next ammo order. The more they sell to be shot in house the heavier their spent brass weight is and the more that folks take home the less their spent weight is netting them a smaller credit to the next order. It would be one thing if their prices reflected this but they are taking a full retail+ bite out of you right from the rip and the sticking it to you if you don't further pad their bottom line. It would be one thing if they said the price will be $21 but if you shoot it hear and leave the brass behind we will knock $6 (or whatever) off that. They may be dealing with shortages but running off customers with poor business practices to lower demand only gives the appearance of having solved a problem because they still aren't getting any more in than they were before. The only difference is that when supply eventually catches up with demand, all those folks he pissed off won't (hopefully) be there to buy the extra inventory thus reversing his problem. I guess if his motto is to take all he can get from a few and piss on the rest, he's probably got the rights practices in place. I am a huge proponent of capitalism and will not accuse him of "gouging" but there are two sides, he can ask whatever price he wants for anything he owns but the customer can then laugh and walkout. 

is that range usa?

No way.....

Range USA thank goodness does not price gouge nor have brass charges

I shoot there all the time and pick up my brass too - If A range wont let me pick up my own

they can go scratch..also FY RangeUSA is better prices than any gun shop in the area also by far and

ammo as well..The milliington range is called Top Brass coincidentally .

Edited by SonnyCrockett

No way.....

Range USA thank goodness does not price gouge nor have brass charges

I shoot there all the time and pick up my brass too - If A range wont let me pick up my own

they can go scratch..also FY RangeUSA is better prices than any gun shop in the area also by far and

ammo as well..The milliington range is called Top Brass coincidentally .

+1 on the Jackson location(Range USA) as well! We have lots of FUN there!!