WARNING! Tisas 1911 is a DO NOT BUY or... (Tanker's Revenge)

Guest TankerHC

[quote name="MacGyver" post="1150636" timestamp="1400623697"]Tanker never did post any proof of his 'lemon'. [/quote] Very true, many posts it seems have to be taken with a grain of salt and a touch of cynicism. As a generality of course. Sent from the future using a flux capacitor. Edited by whitewolf001
I've done a lot of work, complete teardowns and rebuilds, cleaning, and shooting on roughly two dozen TISAS, both 45 and 9mm. Never a single problem, good guns, good value for the money, same with RIA. If you want fancy jewelry buy a Dan Wesson or similar gun for 3-5 times as much, but if you want a basic no frills reliable shooter the TISAS is fine. Now if I was betting my life I'd still want something known to be of higher quality like a Sig or Kimber, but I don't believe in carrying 1911s or other single actions for defense. Edited by wileecoyote

If so, you wouldn't be the first :D

But, personal choice. It's a good thing.

Ask all of those dead enemies of America if the 1911 was a wrong choice.   :stir:  

Getting Off Topic - - - Has this thread become TankerHC's Revenge? 

LOL at the 1911 debate. I truly didn't intend to stir that pot. In fact I probably own and have built / shot / worked on more 1911s than most folks. I do like them (I like all guns, more is always better), but I dislike the idea of adding extra manual steps to the draw-and-fire scenario when fractions of a second will count and adrenaline / Murphy's Law will show up to impede your normally smooth range drills. Of course you can minimize the risk by training, but you need to do that a lot and often. In my experience most shooters never get anywhere close to practicing enough to stay as fast, sharp, and smooth under stress as they will need to be with single actions or other multi-step guns. So I think for most folks, fewer steps and the simplest process is the best way. Plus those extra gadgets leave more room for mechanical failure or defects. And then there is consistency: if you carry a 1911 I believe you should only carry and shoot similar guns during the vast majority of your training, as it becomes risky to have to learn multiple styles and switch accordingly depending on your flavor of the day, which is less likely to go smooth under stress. But I really do love my 1911s, and my many other single actions, and I have plenty of guns with extra gadgets and controls. I just don't carry them or shoot them very often, and all my defensive practice is shot with the same style of gun. Just my personal method, but I am an oddball for sure. :-)
  • Like 1

wileecoyote,

Agree with all your points. 

I'm just thankful that a grateful nation spent the time and money to provide me such a weapon and most of all...., the training to use it.

• Like 1
Back on topic,
I am still trying to figure out why a guy from TX has to come on this site after a six month old thread from a member that has been banned. Just to tell us how great these guns are.

What is his motives?
  • Like 1

Back on topic,
I am still trying to figure out why a guy from TX has to come on this site after a six month old thread from a member that has been banned. Just to tell us how great these guns are.

What is his motives?

That was my thought when I saw the post first time, joe why. I immediately started a comment that said pretty much the same, and asking why a professed gunsmith in Texas was concerned about a person  on a Tennessee based forum and his opinions.

Plus...no id on profile page. Just a negative comment on a member. A temperamental and strongly opiniated, and banned member, but still...I think there's more to this than we know.

But after reading the posting, I deleted it. Just seemed a little unnecessary at the time.

Back on topic,

What is his motives?

Check the username's .com website at it might start coming together.  He's in the business of selling Tisas' (as stated in his post).

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2

Check the username's .com website at it might start coming together.  He's in the business of selling Tisas' (as stated in his post).

Does kinda suck that this is the first result that comes up when folks search for Tisa 1911. Especially for anyone selling them and assuming they aren't crap.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gearedandready

Yep sorry. I will update my profile (done, any better?). But why the post? Maroonandwhite has it. I worked a gun show in San Antonio this past weekend. A guy came by and wanted to trade for a Tisas. He hemmed and hawed then left without making a purchase. He came back on Sunday and asked about it again. Then he said, no lie "I read on the internet about a bad one with a plastic thumb safety." Really? A plastic thumb safety, to even say it sounds absurd. So I told him I read the post and replied to it, assuring him there were no plastic parts on a Tisas 1911.

He then said he wasn't sure about it, but if I'd take $100.00 off he'd go ahead and buy it. Wow really? So would I! I retail them for $395.00 he now wants it for $295.00. Lets be clear there is not a $100.00 mark up on them. If I did that I'd be paying him to buy it. All this because he read a bad review. Sometimes you just have to wonder what people are thinking.

Anyway I sell these as an entry level 1911. I sell them because for the price they are great 1911's. If I thought ATI or Rock Island or Springfield was better then I would sell those. Its bad business to sell bad guns. So I strive to sell the best I can, at a cost most can afford. If tisas goes bad I will move on. Right now this is not the case.

Now as far as 1911's 103 years of proven reliability, 2 World Wars, Copied the world over, oh and it won't melt in a fire. Any other modern semi-autos have that pedigree? 2 last things, 1) sorry for the typos; I am bouncing down I-10 after a gunshow with a russian driver and an android phone. 2) Flame On 1911's are better than the rest. Oh and to frustrate my russian friend ar's are better than ak's.

Now duck and run ! Ahhhhhh

Edited by gearedandready