WARNING! Tisas 1911 is a DO NOT BUY or... (Tanker's Revenge)

Guest TankerHC

Guest OMCHamlin
On 11/11/2013 at 1:06 PM, Joe357 said:

I would be on the phone to buds ASAP requesting a refund and return label. I also have two RIA 1911's in 9mm and they are rock solid, these two guns were in the high three hundreds out the door. The grips are not of my liking which have been replaced.

Man, if you've ever dealt with Bud's, you know better than that, once you've done the transfer, you own it. And they are very clear about it, too, they tell you to inspect it thoroughly before you accept it from the FFL.

4 hours ago, Garufa said:

Who has them for $379 OTD?  I think it would be cool to have a 1911 that says Knoxville on it, lol.

Oops! I mis-spoke. Harry’s Pawn had them this weekend for $374.99 +tics and taxes.

• Wow 1
12 hours ago, OMCHamlin said:

Man, if you've ever dealt with Bud's, you know better than that, once you've done the transfer, you own it. And they are very clear about it, too, they tell you to inspect it thoroughly before you accept it from the FFL.

So they do allow you to not accept it from the FFL if something is wrong?    If so, that's better than Palmetto State Armory for example.    You have to accept the transfer even if something is wrong.    You have to take it up with the manufacturer.    

52 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

So they do allow you to not accept it from the FFL if something is wrong?    If so, that's better than Palmetto State Armory for example.    You have to accept the transfer even if something is wrong.    You have to take it up with the manufacturer.    

I’d rather have it that way. I don’t want to pay shipping back and my  transferring FFL shouldn’t need to deal with the drama of something I didn’t buy from him. If it needs to go back they can send me a shipping label and refund my transfer fee. But that’s just me.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I’d rather have it that way. I don’t want to pay shipping back and my  transferring FFL shouldn’t need to deal with the drama of something I didn’t buy from him. If it needs to go back they can send me a shipping label and refund my transfer fee. But that’s just me.

I'm with you on this. If I ordered through a local store, I'd like them to take care of an issue in house. If they won't do that, I expect them to advocate for me with the manufacturer. If they won't do that, they won't see me again.

However, if I'm merely "renting" their license to transfer something I purchased somewhere else, I expect to be on my own.

Grab a Gun in Coppell, Texas keeps them in stock so I was able too pick it up today.  I haven't shot it yet, but it looks and feels good. I've never owned a 1911, in fact, over the last few years, I've gotten rid of all my guns with a hammer and bought a few striker fired autoloaders.  It'll be interesting to see how this shoots.

IMG_3967-M.jpg

IMG_3968-M.jpg

IMG_3972-M.jpg

IMG_3973-M.jpg

Edited by Ernest T
  • Like 2

I put 200 rounds through the Tisas 1911 this morning. I used 230 grain Winchester FMJ in the white box and didn't have any malfunctions. I had four 8 round magazines, the one Tisas supplied, and three Promag 1911 ACP mags.  I thought the Promags didn't fit at first because they were really tight.  I cycled them about 20 times apiece and they developed wear marks on the to corners of the mag and loosened up quickly.  I really like the gun -- as I said, its my first 1911 and the trigger is better than any of my striker fired 9's.

The trigger breaks consistently just over 5 lbs and has a very crisp break. It was so good, the first few magazines I fired with my Springfield XDS 9 was all over the place.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here are the first three targets I shot from 7 yards.  There are 16 shot at each bullseye. I'm a competent shooter, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert by any means.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here's the first two magazines with the XDS9, also 8 round mags.

spacer.png

Here's the sixth magazine for comparison. It was a 7 round magazine and I'm sure the flyer is my fault.  It too me that long to get used to the Springfield trigger after the Tisas.  I'll shoot the other way around next time.

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Garufa said:

Just call the man at the gun store and tell him you’re on the way.  That’s all you have to do.  :lol:

I’ve bought too many this year and my wife still hasn’t said anything. But... 

40 minutes ago, Ernest T said:

You just leave them laying around for her to find?

Not always. She bought my Rossi M92 .357 for my birthday and when I told her I was buying the Tisas Fatih .380, she didn’t bat an eye. But it’s best to not poke the bear too many times, so close together. Of course, I could go see Harvey and put one in lay-a-way...🤔🤔🤔

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...