WARNING! Tisas 1911 is a DO NOT BUY or... (Tanker's Revenge)

Guest TankerHC

2 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Good stuff! 

And to keep ins step with the core of this thread...I just bought a Tisas SDS 1911 Carry in SS. Sweet. Tightest frame to slide fit I've seen outside a 3000+ 1911. No rattles. Really great feel. Series 70 style. 

Like a comment previously, my somewhat known counter guy(a TWRA guy) said he had taken it down and was impressed with what he saw.

Then the old line came out..."If you don't buy it, I'm gonna take it home tonight." 

Well...he didn't. I did. lol

Edited by hipower
11 hours ago, Parzehlli said:

Alright fellaz is the Tisas SDSimports 1911A1 A full size 1911? Im looking to change the grips and idk if im looking too far into this or not. I think the normal size grips i find online will fit her right?

Yes, normal sized grips should fit, that are made for a Government model or most any model of a 1911a1.

How do you like the pistol so far?  I've been eyeing them for sometime, because it's so much like the pistol I carried during Desert Storm.  Thinking I might trade my Springer XDs .45 for one.  I never carry it anymore, since I bought my Ruger LC9S Pro.

• Moderators

Yep. He got banned years ago and then this thread kept popping up again, and again, and again taking up a life of its own. IIRC Tanker really hated cops and used to post every single story about police misconduct he found. A good chunk of his posts disappeared in one of the Gen Politics purges. 

So somebody added the Tanker’s Revenge to the title and it’s still going. If I had to venture a guess it’s because “Tisas” is a very unique word so the search function works very well and always points to this one thread. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Yep. He got banned years ago and then this thread kept popping up again, and again, and again taking up a life of its own. IIRC Tanker really hated cops and used to post every single story about police misconduct he found. A good chunk of his posts disappeared in one of the Gen Politics purges. 

So somebody added the Tanker’s Revenge to the title and it’s still going. If I had to venture a guess it’s because “Tisas” is a very unique word so the search function works very well and always points to this one thread. 

I wish Letereat's final thread would come up more. That's my all time favorite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/22/2014 at 9:21 AM, DMark said:

Getting Off Topic - - - Has this thread become TankerHC's Revenge

9 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I'm lost. Did someone add Tanker's Revenge to the title after the fact? Was he banned? 

I'll claim tagging this as "Tanker's Revenge" nearly 7 years ago.  One of the MODs later added to the title.

Might be the only Forever & Forever thing I'll do on the internet..., now that all my Tiny Pic stuff is gone! 

• Like 3
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, Moped said:

If you google Tisas, this thread comes up on the first page of hits.  I honestly think it needs to removed, because of that.  BTW, I just Googled Tisas again and it still comes up on the first page of hits.

First page on DDG as well, but at the bottom of the first page. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KahrMan said:

There were a lot of old members I had forgot about in that thread.  

Same here. Ebow1 is in there. I think he was the guy that got angry at work and damaged a pizza oven? I may have the facts wrong but that was another epic thread.

What's up with the guest members? I've noticed that in old threads but I never recalled seeing that back then.

• Moderators
Just now, Erik88 said:

Same here. Ebow1 is in there. I think he was the guy that got angry at work and damaged a pizza oven? I may have the facts wrong but that was another epic thread.

What's up with the guest members? I've noticed that in old threads but I never recalled seeing that back then.

A while back David purged a bunch of long dormant accounts from the database. Those are the posts that remain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...

OMG, it's back!!! 😃

Well, to add my two cents in (again), I finally broke down and bought the Tisas 1911a1 U.S. Army and I couldn't be happier with my purchase! It's not an exact replica of the pistol I carried in Desert Storm, but it's close enough for government work and nostalgia for me! There are some minor differences like the hammer and the ejection port not being cut exactly the same way.

Not going to say it a tack driver, because like my old service pistol (which was rebuilt prior to leaving Ft. Bragg for Saudi Arabia), it's not.  The service grade 1911s were known for minute of man and that what this is. Fit and function are the same. I'm sure I could spend a lot of money and add a bunch of parts and have some machining done and make it into a much more accurate pistol, but that wasn't what I wanted for.  And if it had been, I'd have just bought a more expensive and tricked out version.

I still think that we should look at taking TISAS out of the title.  While Tanker's 1911, might have been a stinker, I'm really not sure that is apropos to the brand or to their 1911s anymore.  I can think of another brand 1911 that is still around, that costs twice as much as the TISAS, that was a much worse version of the 1911 and it was and still is made here in the good ole USA.  It now has a much better reputation, though you'd have a hard time getting me to ever fork over any money to buy one, and that's the Auto Ordnance.  But much like Tanker's experience, that's mine from 30 years ago and everyone else's experience with the brand might be different, especially now.

Edited by Moped
  • Like 2