Shield 9mm $359

mcordell

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I missed that sale. I have heard nothing but great things about them, a few people I work with have said the Shield handles better than the larger M&P's.

I love the large M&P's ...... Oh wait I love them all.  On my shield the trigger was a bit gritty at first but it has a much better trigger reset than the larger ones.

That is great news, I rented a Shield in 40 today, it was awesome. Where did the recoil go? It felt like a 22. Honestly, this was the smoothest shooting handgun I have shot in a long time. I may sell my Glock 19 to buy one, the Shields are awesome.
Straight from the mouth of a M&P fan I heard, "The Shields have a better trigger than the regular M&P's". I had to check it out myself and I feel that the Shield is very smooth. My opinion is that M&P full size and Compacts have very inconsistent triggers one gun to the next. Every Shield I have felt has been smooth and consistent.
Just added a Shield to my current 9c and 40fs. I will say this shield has a good trigger. My 40 has a GREAT trigger (ask w0lfattack, it's why he bought another M&P!) while my 9c has a pretty bad trigger right now. The issue is that transfer bar that pushes up the plunger in the slide. On the 9c it is bent inward and is dragging across that inner ridge of the slide, across that little bump right before the plunger. I bent it a little out of the way with my bare fingers... will fix it later with tools.

Anyway, smokin' deal... get one at this price if you're on the fence. You won't be disappointed!

You did the same thing as me, except it was for my girlfriend (not my wife, yet)  :)

My wife sent me a link to a couple of concealed carry purses this morning. I thought, I really need to get her something that will fit well in it. Then, here was this thread.

Apparently it is a psa Christmas today.

My wife sent me a link to a couple of concealed carry purses this morning. I thought, I really need to get her something that will fit well in it. Then, here was this thread.

Apparently it is a psa Christmas today.

Well, based on another thread, I traded my girlfriend's Shield for a G19.  The Glock is better anyway, but I really didn't want to spend the extra money for it.

Did you guys get a confirming email after your purchase?  I bought the Shield 9mm online on Saturday and my credit card has been charged, but I didn't get an email saying they had received my order. I can't find a phone number on the website to call to confirm it. Hopefully, it will arrive today or Friday at D & T Arms...

EDITED: Okay, I found their phone number and sent them a short email just asking for confirmation of the order. Their website said it would take 5 business days to fill the order, so it looks like I'll be waiting until next week.   :-\  :cry:

Edited by jgradyc