Why Yoko Ono Sucks

What do you expect from dirty tree huggin hippies.
Beatles greatest band ever? *vomit* not even close.
Shoulda called themselves the dung beatles.
Yoko is just another iteration of free lovin dirty tree huggin hippy filth. No surprise to their demise.
I'll never understand why anyone other than some liberal democrat would put John Lennon on a pedestal of greatness. For Chuck to be playing with Lennon seems pretty low to me. He could fart a more talented tune than the likes of John.

Just my opinion that no one else shares I suppose.
  • Like 3

Was never a huge Beatles fan but how in thee #### could John Lennon wake up everyday and look at her and NOT commit hair kari!!! Yikes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Apparently ol Johnny boy was a bit of a freak himself. Saw on a documentary that he used to frequent the tranny bar or cross dressing scene in Germany when the Beatles first started touring.

So for him a weird little monkey person with no apparent sex one way or the other was probably a perfect fit.

I'll never understand why anyone other than some liberal democrat would put John Lennon on a pedestal of greatness. For Chuck to be playing with Lennon seems pretty low to me. He could fart a more talented tune than the likes of John.

Gotta disagree with you on this.  The Beatles made music that no one else did, they influenced almost everyone that came after.   I could care less about John Lennon's politics.

• Like 2

Gotta disagree with you on this.  The Beatles made music that no one else did, they influenced almost everyone that came after.   I could care less about John Lennon's politics.

Yep agree totally. Groundbreaking, and cross spanned genres, from rock and roll,psychedelic, to just plain beautiful timeless tunes, like Michelle, Blackbird, Yesterday, In My Life, off top of head. Melodies that will last as long as the species does.

Plus the mere volume of successful output from all the styles combined was staggering.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

What do you expect from dirty tree huggin hippies.
Beatles greatest band ever? *vomit* not even close.
Shoulda called themselves the dung beatles.
Yoko is just another iteration of free lovin dirty tree huggin hippy filth. No surprise to their demise.

Not me. For one thing, I never equate the individual with the art.

The Beatles combined produced a huge volume of varied and timeless music that will be performed forever, just like the classic composers of old.

Chuck's great, and a fantastic live performer, but musically he's a four chord one trick pony by comparison -- his legacy,  though likely also timeless, will remain as it mostly is now, limited to a handful of hard core rock and roll tunes.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Not me. For one thing, I never equate the individual with the art.

The Beatles combined produced a huge volume of varied and timeless music that will be performed forever, just like the classic composers of old.

Chuck's great, and a fantastic live performer, but musically he's a four chord one trick pony by comparison -- his legacy,  though likely also timeless, will remain as it mostly is now, limited to a handful of hard core rock and roll tunes.

- OS

Agreed with OS. Chuck Berry was and is a pioneer for rock and roll, no doubt many musicians, including John Lennon, owe him a great debt for getting the ball rolling. The Beatles though, well they're the freakin Beatles. Good bad or indifferent, they changed the game for the recording artist. Les Paul invented multi tracking and did some pretty cool stuff with it, once again though its the Beatkes that really opened up the possibilities with it (IMO)

I would dare challenge anyone, name an artist who claims to not be infurnced directly by the Beatles, have them write down a list of all of their influences and their list will either be full of those infurnced by them directly or at most infurnced by someone influenced.

I would dare challenge anyone, name an artist who claims to not be infurnced directly by the Beatles, have them write down a list of all of their influences and their list will either be full of those infurnced by them directly or at most infurnced by someone influenced.

Johnny Cash, Elvis, Buddy Holly and Jerry Lee Lewis for starters. Any greaser tracing his rockabilly roots will find these guys before they'd ever find the Beatles. Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

Buddy Holly we will never know about, but Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis went by the way side because their music was stalled in neutral.  They never moved on from what made them famous.  They pretty much faded away.    You do not hear much of it on radio today unless listening to a golden oldie station.

The Beatles undoubtedly were influenced by the music Berry, Lewis and others of their ilk.   What made the Beatles so great was their music grew into new genres. 

their songs are still played today on stations playing easy listening to hard rock.  The Beatles were crossover stars.  Music, movies, art.  They did it all.

• 3 weeks later...

Buddy Holly we will never know about, but Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis went by the way side because their music was stalled in neutral.  They never moved on from what made them famous.  They pretty much faded away.    You do not hear much of it on radio today unless listening to a golden oldie station.

The Beatles undoubtedly were influenced by the music Berry, Lewis and others of their ilk.   What made the Beatles so great was their music grew into new genres. 

their songs are still played today on stations playing easy listening to hard rock.  The Beatles were crossover stars.  Music, movies, art.  They did it all.

I really can't stand Beatles music, but Mike is right. There are very few musicians today that don't owe some of their musical influence to them. I dare say that in the rock and roll genre of music only Led Zeppelin comes close to being as influential. 

• Like 1