$3000 dollars to spend for a new Zombie Gun.

Guest Commander Kim

Guest Commander Kim

Well, I have put some thought into this. Now, my options have been the exact opposite of slimmed down.

My feasible options right now are:

suppressed m1a

a suppressor for one of my ak's and make that my primary

DPMS TAC 2 suppressed

suppressed ARAK-21 20inch heavy barrel in 5.56

benelli m3 convertible

Wilson combat 870

"high-cap" 1911

lionheart LH9

or a Beretta 92G

*note: if resources permit, I will try to purchase a handgun as well as a primary firearm.

Oh, I almost forgot. I also have a 16" tommy gun in which fires from an open-bolt. I don't quite know how well that would work, but it might sound like a good idea. Tell me what you guys think.

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by Commander Kim

I'd lean on a suppressed AR in 300AAC if you load your own or .223 if you don't. Or maybe a suppressed Kriss carbine... or maybe a suppressed Tavor... Awe heck i'm not helping now am I? In all seriousness I would be happy with any of these. I've run an unsuppressed Tavor and from what little I shot it, I liked it pretty well. A friend just bought one so i'm sure I'll get some more time in behind one soon. Good luck with your decision making!

If you are used to the AK and already have magazines I would get a suppressor for it. Then I would get a Glock 19 and a suppressor for it. Now that you still have over $1k left over I would get a Mossberg 500/590 then use the rest of the money on ammo and gear.

The reason I think this is the AK and Glock are the most reliable guns on the market. And if you do have a problem with the Glock you can grab parts from any other Glock.

Now if you don't already have an AK and the gear for it I would get an AR in 223. The reason is the AR is probably the most popular autoloader in the US so finding parts is going to be easier than any other rifle.

• Like 1

SCAR 17 and don't look back...or failing that, another semi-auto 308 that's good to at least 600 yards and is light enough to scoot with. Ruger SR762 looks really nice.

No matter what SHTF scenario you plan for, the real problem will be the assholes who want what's yours. Make your you have a range advantage.

SCAR2.JPG

Edited by atlas3025
Guest Commander Kim
AHA!!! My Ruger 10/22 takedown I ordered last Christmas finally came in today!!! I picked it up atfter work today, and I feel so special that I finally have one!!! Now that this is in my arsenal, I have the ability to suppress this and throw it in my BOB. Probably not to be used as a primary, but great for small game.

Save a few more bucks and get a Nemo Omen 300 win mag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOZM5ZwN0kM

I played with one of those at the NRA convention this year, and it looked really impressive.  But for some reason I was more drawn to their .270 Win version...the nice thing was that during the Banic, 270 was the only caiber you could find at walmarts!

Guest Commander Kim

OK guys. I have been doing some research on the interwebz and have narrowed down, at least a little, what my $3000 are going towards

a suppressor for my Romy Non-G and a pistol that will be stated somewhere else on this list

a Custom 300 BLK ar with as much ammo and reloading equipment as possible (hopefully suppressed)

a M1A with an 18.5" barrel

two tax stamps for my tommy gun (one for sbr, one for a suppressor)

a Fusion Arms 1911

an Italian Beretta 92FS

a GLOCK 20

or a FN 5.7 with as much ammo and reloading equipment as possible

Tell me what you think. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Commander Kim
  • 2 weeks later...

I recommend a AR15 chambered in .45ACP.  You can get the lower here. http://www.cncguns.com/projects/AR45lower.html .  You can get the upper here... http://www.rmwxtreme.com/rmwxtreme/ .  SBR the rifle and add a suppressor.  You still should have enough left over for a midrange 1911.  That way you use all the same ammo and both your sidearm and your rifle can be suppressed.  ALL .45ACP is subsonic.  If you have to shoot farther than a .45 can reach, you don't need to be shooting it.

Here's a cool video of a .45ACP 7.5 AR in action.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEpwk9JukM

John

Edited by mikadosoft

I would go with a Remington 700 AAC-SD model with a 20" .308 barrel for $700. add in quality rings and base and a Vortex Viper PST scope and finally a r700p takeoff stock from hs precision. PTG bottom metal and some 10 round mags from Accurate. puts you between 1800 and 2200 depending on scope model. then get a suppressor for that.

hole up somewhere and pick off the zombies from cover. use subsonics when they are closer and full power to reach out and touch someone.