tags for embedding youtube

Guest Honest AK

Guest Honest AK

Another forum I use is set up to embed using the tags

linkgoeshere

. That doesn't appear to work on this forum.

Would someone tell me what the correct tags are?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint
Another forum I use is set up to embed using the tags

linkgoeshere

. That doesn't appear to work on this forum.

Would someone tell me what the correct tags are?

Just copy and paste the video's url into the msg body. The forum software should take care of the rest. No need to add tags.

Guest Verbal Kint

Are you using the enhanced user interface for composing messages?

User CP > Edit Options > Enhanced Interface - "Full WYSIWYG Editing" (all the way at the bottom of the screen)

Only other thing that I can think of, that would be causing you problems. As you can see, posting the direct link worked for me above.

Edited by Verbal Kint
Guest Honest AK
Are you using the enhanced user interface for composing messages?

User CP > Edit Options > Enhanced Interface - "Full WYSIWYG Editing" (all the way at the bottom of the screen)

Only other thing that I can think of, that would be causing you problems. As you can see, posting the direct link worked for me above.

It still just hotlinks to the youtube site. I paste the url and after I preview it has the url tags in my message even though I didn't put them in there myself. I tried this on all three of the settings you mentioned. Do you notice any tags before and after the link when you preview your post?

It still just hotlinks to the youtube site. I paste the url and after I preview it has the url tags in my message even though I didn't put them in there myself. I tried this on all three of the settings you mentioned. Do you notice any tags before and after the link when you preview your post?

No....I simply copy and past the URL into the message and when I preview it, it has the video embeded in the message.

Guest Honest AK

When I paste the url by itself, it adds the tags used for hotlinking (url in brackets on both ends of the link) after I preview it. I'm trying to think of some settings I could change in my options but I don't see anything that has to do with that.

Guest Honest AK

:slapfight: BEHOLD! :)

EDIT: Posted Video did work, but content violated CoC

Edited by Honest AK
Posted Video did work, but content violated CoC
  • 1 year later...