PS4 Launches tonight

Guest Keal G Seo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keal G Seo

Having not kept up on gaming tech, what does the PS4 offer over the 3?

Yeah the new architecture is x86 and more like PC so it is going to be much easier to program for. Better GPU and CPU means higher resolution and better textures and shading. All the new stuff they have added to make it more of a social experience. Integrated streaming to Twitch and UStream with fingers crossed later maybe YouTube. Upgrades to the eye and the dual shock 4. The list goes on and on but for me it is mostly just a graphics update via hardware, old hardware is 8 years old.

So do you guys think everyone that wants one (or wants one for their kids) will get one by Christmas?

I have no interest ATM, my PS3s put out beautiful 1080p at perfectly acceptable frame rates for the games I play currently. I was looking at the ps4 until I saw it doesn't support my Bluetooth head sets out of the box.(WTF!) I'm sure they will fix little stuff like that over time and new games with better looking graphics will eventually draw me to the new console as they always have(GT6 anyone?) but as of launch I don't need/want a PS4 bad enough to justify the cost.

I do like the move in the direction of more PC standard hardware(x86/DDR5) and further improved power though.

Edited by 2.ooohhh

So do you guys think everyone that wants one (or wants one for their kids) will get one by Christmas?

Negatory homeslice, last time the console wars were here it was five weeks until batch 3 hit the shelves, I got my 360 in 2006 in the second week of December. 360's didn't become readily available until(I think) Feb of 2007.

Guest Keal G Seo

I have no interest ATM, my PS3s put out beautiful 1080p at perfectly acceptable frame rates for the games I play currently. I was looking at the ps4 until I saw it doesn't support my Bluetooth head sets out of the box.(WTF!) I'm sure they will fix little stuff like that over time and new games with better looking graphics will eventually draw me to the new console as they always have(GT6 anyone?) but as of launch I don't need/want a PS4 bad enough to justify the cost.

I do like the move in the direction of more PC standard hardware(x86/DDR5) and further improved power though.

I currently have no console and an old laptop. My 360 fried early this year, well the disc drive gave out. With the new consoles coming out I just sold it to the repair shop. Yeah headsets will be patched in I am sure, they just want to sell a few first. As for GT6, too bad it is only PS3 or else I would be getting it. I do like the look of Drive Club though.

My most anticipated right now is TC's The Division, looks like a good survival scavenger. Tonight though I will be playing BF4, usually a COD fan but the independent reviews for Ghosts have been less than favorable. Hopefully that and the free games with PS+ will tide me over until later next year.

I currently have no console and an old laptop. My 360 fried early this year, well the disc drive gave out. With the new consoles coming out I just sold it to the repair shop. Yeah headsets will be patched in I am sure, they just want to sell a few first. As for GT6, too bad it is only PS3 or else I would be getting it. I do like the look of Drive Club though.
My most anticipated right now is TC's The Division, looks like a good survival scavenger. Tonight though I will be playing BF4, usually a COD fan but the independent reviews for Ghosts have been less than favorable. Hopefully that and the free games with PS+ will tide me over until later next year.

Been playing GT5 since 2010. GT6 is the only thing on my Xmas list.

Been playing GT5 since 2010. GT6 is the only thing on my Xmas list.

Heck I saw GT6 was being released in December for the PS3 and thought it was a typo on amazon so I wrote it off in the back of my mind, looks like I'll be with the PS3 a bit longer than I anticipated.  :up:

Guest Keal G Seo

Don't know if it is still there but GS in Sevierville had 15 PS4's available and only 14 were sold when they started taking numbers at 6. Might call first though.

Guest TankerHC

Not a big gamer (at all) but always somehow end up at these launches (Nephew has had to make every launch since he was about 5), that wasnt the reason tonight, but ended up at Best Buy at Hamilton around 6:30 and there was already a line with 22 people sitting outside. (I counted). 

Guest Keal G Seo

I unfortunately missed preorders on this until it was all sold out. I'll prolly be making the calls to find one this weekend, but not holding my breath on finding one.

If you call around to GameStops on Saturday night, right before closing, they only hold them for 48 hours. So anyone that doesn't pick up there preorder will have missed the window and their system will be sold.